How many quarterbacks under 30 are better than Dak?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seems like the more this season unfolds the more It seems cowboys made a mistake not signing him:facepalm: Dak’s market will likely be between Watson and Lamar Jackson. :facepalm:

Mahomes and Jackson seem to be the only young QBs better than Dak.
The one that is clearly, and unquestionably better is Mahomes, and I think at this point a strong case could be made for Jackson as well.

A person could make a case for Watson and a few others, but a case could also be made for Dak in comparison.

JBS

Reaction score
I don't think so either. But you can probably make an argument for it.

Im OK w people making that argument. I'm not OK w those who say he's head and shoulders clear. That's nonsense. And unfortunately, that's probably what most people think.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
How many QBs under thirty have the roster or RG that Dak has? Jones supposedly made a mistake offering Dak a contract extending before last year after three games, that Dak turned down.. So it’s Jerry’s fault for Dak going 8-8 that year and then tagging him?
This is confusing............

239.-COnfused.jpg

Rayman70

Reaction score
Murray is NOT better than Dak at this point. He isn't top 5. He is a work in progress. I feel Watson has topped out at his ceiling. He is what he is now. Dak is getting better and better every year. Give me Dak any day.

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
How many QBs under thirty have the roster or RG that Dak has? Jones supposedly made a mistake offering Dak a contract extending before last year after three games, that Dak turned down.. So it’s Jerry’s fault for Dak going 8-8 that year and then tagging him?
I don’t know I use to think that too. But looking back on it Dak has 2nd round Micheal Gallup putting up #1 type receiver numbers.

CeeDee Lamb is the only 1st round receiver putting up 1st round stats.

Cobb and Beasly both put up amazing numbers too with him. Most of receivers Dak has played with has put great numbers.

He’s allowing back up tight ends to make name for themselves. It seems like every receiver eats with Dak

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
I am curious to watch tonight because I want to see how many tight window throws Dak made Sunday. Just from first glance it appeared we had people wide open all day. The pass to Shultz was a beauty for sure. Great pass to Gallop and to Cooper on the deep throws but it is a big blur to me on the whole game.
The pass to Schultz was a thread through the needle type pass. It was gorgeous

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
QB play right now is not great with the youngsters. Too many old ones staying around keeping younger QB's from coming up in this league. Just because only a few young QB's are better than Dak right now to me doesnt say much other than there arent many good young ones developing right now.
I don’t know about that. It seems like it’s only the young QBs wining mvp now. Wentz almost won it too

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Watson isn't Better than Dak

Oh on pure talent to play QB, Watson is much more gifted than Dak. Watson has no WR, No OL and BOB as the HC, the same things that made excuses for Dak in 2018 until Amari arrived. Now, that being said, Watson looks fragile to me, so that is concern. But just as far as Talent to play QB, Watson by a long shot, better legs, better arm etc. I don't follow the texans enough to talk about his leadership and stuff that Dak gets praised for all the time, so I can't speak to that part of the equation, which is important part of the whole pie along with talent.

JBS

Reaction score
Oh on pure talent to play QB, Watson is much more gifted than Dak. Watson has no WR, No OL and BOB as the HC, the same things that made excuses for Dak in 2018 until Amari arrived. Now, that being said, Watson looks fragile to me, so that is concern. But just as far as Talent to play QB, Watson by a long shot, better legs, better arm etc. I don't follow the texans enough to talk about his leadership and stuff that Dak gets praised for all the time, so I can't speak to that part of the equation, which is important part of the whole pie along with talent.

Unfortunately, talent alone isn't the determining factor. It probably isn't even 50% of the equation. As I said, Watson is not a better qb than dak.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Unfortunately, talent alone isn't the determining factor. It probably isn't even 50% of the equation. As I said, Watson is not a better qb than dak.

We will just have to disagree. Dak has had several advantages that Watson hasn't had in his career to this point. But when I look at QB, I remove all that stuff and just look at their ability to play the position, and Watson is a very good QB, the only issue I have with him is he tends to hold on to the ball to long trying to make something happen and takes a lot of hits that are needed, he is not built for that type of punishment.

pansophy

Reaction score
13, 9, 14, 16, 3

Prescotts rank in QB rating from this year back to his rookie year. He was amazing his rookie year. He has been a pretty good QB ever since.
QBR is a better ranking for Dak because he does do a lot with his legs.
His QBR is:
10, 4, 16, 4, 3

To his critics point, his passing alone is only okay, but as a complete package (i.e., QBR) he does a lot to win. And his 10th ranking QBR this season is still 79.2, so roughly should win 80% of the time.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Seems like the more this season unfolds the more It seems cowboys made a mistake not signing him:facepalm: Dak’s market will likely be between Watson and Lamar Jackson. :facepalm:

Mahomes and Jackson seem to be the only young QBs better than Dak.
hard to tell Murray coming on strong , burrow is too small sample size but looks poised...
Watson and dak about even a coin flip really but looks lie sometimes Watson can play with less around him..

So clearly Mahomes and Jackson

maybe neck and neck Dak, Watson, and Murray..

at some point fans can stop worrying about contracts and caps its really not for us to worry about and yet just new thread after new thread keeps being started even when the DC FO is no longer allowed to sign him until the off season so lets ut pause on Dak and contracts..

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Dak will get paid as long as he keeps playing well because most GMs know teams win games and that wins are a team stat. Dallas could lose every game from hear on out but if Dak plays well it will not matter.
No way. This team goes 6-10 there is no way your dishing out $40MM plus to dak. Im not sure how you improve the rest of the roster that way. Blow it up start over. 2021 will be rough, but if you do it right maybe you can have some success 2022/2023.

Just think about the narrative if the cowboys didn't win sunday. Most wouldnt be praising daks stats, just talking about how he failed early then got garbage time numbers after falling behind 20 points.

Luckily I don't think thats the case. I think this team is every bit talented enough to win 10 games, dak gets his payday, and good times are ahead.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Maholmes & Jackson i think anyone would take over dak, outside of that its tough to not to have dak next. Watson hasn't been very impressive. Josh Allen needs to show more. I love burrow, but he needs a lot more time. Murray is interesting, but I won't go there yet.

Dak is no doubt 3rd in my mind, the bigger question to me is he closer to passing #2 or getting passed by #4 on that list.