How many rookies will make the team?

rambo2

Reaction score
Has anybody figured it out yet? I'm not sure, but I would think that at least 8 or 9 will make it. I think that Hunter Luepke will make it.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Stephen is infatuated with cheap labor so there's a good chance several will make it, swapping 1st year salaries for 4th year salaries.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
@rambo2 - I was going to do a poll on this very question then saw your thread. Don't want to hijack your thread so maybe you could make it a poll and we can look back in Sept & see how the guesses shook out.

rambo2

Reaction score
@rambo2 - I was going to do a poll on this very question then saw your thread. Don't want to hijack your thread so maybe you could make it a poll and we can look back in Sept & see how the guesses shook out.
You can hijack it. It's ok.

timb2

Reaction score
Cropper
Mazi
Schoonmaker
Overshown
Bass
Fehoko
Richards
Scott
Vaughn
Land
D. Johnson

M.Brooks- Practice Squad
Stephens- Practice Squad

RS12

Reaction score
Stephen is infatuated with cheap labor so there's a good chance several will make it, swapping 1st year salaries for 4th year salaries.
This. The only one I question is Brooks if for no other reason then there doesnt appear to be anything remarkable about him. Dont get me wrong it looks like an average class but you are correct it is a supply of cheap labor. A better question would be how many dress on game day.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
On the 53? Probably 5. Most likely there will be 3 active on game day.

Mazi, Schoon, Overshown, Vaughn are safe bets. Fehoko, Richards, Bass, Scott and the WRs will all compete for depth spots.

There are very few spots open, especially if they keep Goodwin and Turpin.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
They will keep both him and Tolbert over Fehoko. Fehoko has done nothing to show he belongs on an NFL roster.

After the top 3 WR's we have 0 NFL production
I mean, neither have any of those other guys. Fehoko is a better athlete and it's just blind speculation that Cropper or Brooks will beat him out.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Has anybody figured it out yet? I'm not sure, but I would think that at least 8 or 9 will make it. I think that Hunter Luepke will make it.

Of the draft picks, Brooks is the least likely to make the roster. I think he could be stashed on the PS without being poached.

I can actually see alot of UDFA's make it. They gave out alot of signing bonuses this year it seems. Bass and/or Bostic has a decent chance to make the 53. I think Bostic is pure OT that they could develop ala @xwalker 's boy Jeremy Parnell. He has some really good traits there. Bass is probably more of an OG. I think they will try to keep both somehow. I think Bass is the safer PS stash.

I think Moreno- Cropper is the best WR we have added in the "draft" for 2023. I think he has a very good chance

I with a good camp/PS they will find a way to make Wheat stick as a LB/DE

I think Luepke has a chance to be their #3 back as a duel power back and FB/HB. Probably not as good a pure runner as Davis, but offers alot more utility

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I mean, neither have any of those other guys. Fehoko is a better athlete and it's just blind speculation that Cropper or Brooks will beat him out.
But Fehoko has proven he isnt an NFL caliber player already. The others havent. He also only has two years of contract control left. If its neck and neck in camp, he is probably the one out

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
But Fehoko has proven he isnt an NFL caliber player already. The others havent. He also only has two years of contract control left. If its neck and neck in camp, he is probably the one out
Contract status doesn't matter for depth players.

If this was true, Noah Brown would have been cut years ago.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Contract status doesn't matter for depth players.

If this was true, Noah Brown would have been cut years ago.
Noah Brown was a contributor his whole career as a key ST and also also managed to get snaps on offense. Noah is exactly what you want out of a down roster WR. Im Browns first two years, he played triple the ST snaps Fehoko has. And Brown missed 11 games

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Noah Brown was a contributor his whole career as a key ST and also also managed to get snaps on offense. Noah is exactly what you want out of a down roster WR. Im Browns first two years, he played triple the ST snaps Fehoko has. And Brown missed 11 games
That's kind of my point - Special Teams is a factor for who makes that last spot, and Fehoko will certainly have the edge on Cropper there. Brown would have been cut multiple times if it was based on who had better performances as WRs in camp and pre-season.

Fehoko has a chance to fill that role now that it is available.