How many would take a pay cut?

Q_the_man

Reaction score
This is to all the posters who want players to take a pay cut.

If your boss came up to you and said would you take a $4 an hour pay cut so he can hire a couple extra employees so that more work could get done more efficiently. But if you don't take a pay cut they will have to lay off a few employees. So who's taking that pay cut?

I understand some make less then others but I know some here make good money. So who's taking the pay cut?

This is for all the posters who want players to take a pay cuts for the greater good of the team, the same team that will eventually cut you to save money.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Considering the company I work for makes hundreds of millions of dollars in profit.

I would say no.

If the company was hurting financially. Those things might change.

This is where the arguments about the salary cap come into play.

texbumthelife

Reaction score

If your boss came up to you and said would you take a $4 an hour pay cut so he can hire a couple extra employees so that more work could get done more efficiently. But if you don't take a pay cut they will have to lay off a few employees. So who's taking that pay cut?

I understand some make less then others but I know some here make good money. So who's taking the pay cut?

This is for all the posters who want players to take a pay cuts for the greater good of the team, the same team that will eventually cut you to save money.

No one is being asked to take a pay cut and they're all being offered fair market value. If you demanded a raise and your boss said OK, I'll pay you in the top 5 persons for your occupation, would you pout and take an extended vacation?

Logic is hard, huh?

Sydla

Reaction score
What a silly post.

First, who is taking a pay cut? Zeke certainly isn't. And Dak sure as hell isn't.

Second, as noted, the difference between $10MM and $11MM a year doesn't have the same impact financially on a person as say the difference between $100K and $110K.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Considering the company I work for makes hundreds of millions of dollars in profit.

I would say no.

If the company was hurting financially. Those things might change.

This is where the arguments about the salary cap come into play.

What if he said, "I won't make you the highest paid for your position, but you'll be top five"?

Cause that's what's actually happening. Not the hyperbole the OP posted.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Who the hell is taking a pay cut? Jeez, I’ve seen it all.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
It just all goes back to Daks contract for me. What he is asking for and what he is really worth.

My problem with Zeke is Dallas doesn’t have to pay him a dime for 2 more seasons and then they can franchise him if they want so he should be happy to sign a new deal that is team friendly so everyone wins.

Cooper... Dallas made a mistake not getting this done as soon as the season ended. I really don’t have a problem with him. He has a lot of leverage right now over this team.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
What point was that? He started by saying would anyone take a pay cut?

No Cowboy is being asked to take a pay cut. In fact, for Zeke and Dak, if they signed tonight they would both be getting massive pay raises.
The point is agreeing to take less than what you are worth to help the company/team

Nobody on here would do that, but yet are the loudest ones saying thats what Zeke should do

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score

I work on contracts.
You better believe I'm making sure I get paid what I'm worth.

Cue @Melonfeud ...