How many would take a pay cut?

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
.......which is related to his contract demands. If SJ says they made him an offer that pays him top 5 money with 2 years left on his rookie deal and he's still not in camp..........how do you side with the player?.
Because:

1. The position he plays

2. He is worth being the top-paid at his position

Its business and fans for some reason refuse to understand it.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hear ya but you’re assuming they’d rather increase their opportunity to win than optimize their earnings.

There’s no guarantee they can win a SB by taking less. It’s not really their place to manage the Cap.

Demarco Murray regrets his choice to leave Dallas over money. He went to Philly that had a swiss cheese OL and no QB. Career over.

Reaction score
You gonna answer the question, or remain ignorant?
$31M a year and $10M+ in endorsements. No state taxes
$33M a year and $10M+ in endorsements. No state taxes

Either way me, my kids, my grandkids and great grandkids can live like kings and queens until I die. I see no difference.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
$31M a year and $10M+ in endorsements. No state taxes
$33M a year and $10M+ in endorsements. No state taxes

Either way me, my kids, my grandkids and great grandkids can live like kings and queens until I die. I see no difference.
Thats, YOU

Its a shame you and others only see this through your selfish lenses :facepalm:

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because:

1. The position he plays

2. He is worth being the top-paid at his position

Its business and fans for some reason refuse to understand it.

No its not business. It is greed and dishonesty. "Business" is the signed contract he's decided not to honor.
This is not Leveon Bell getting tagged for a second year in a row.

Reaction score
Thats, YOU

Its a shame you and others only see this through your selfish lenses :facepalm:
How am I being selfish?

I'm willing to sacrifice $2M a year so one of my teammates can get that money and thus improve our teams chances of winning a Super Bowl.

That's selfish?

Is Tom Brady being selfish for constantly taking below market salary?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
C'mon, Greg, everyone knows there's no guarantee. That's too obvious to even say.

It's not the players' jobs to manage the cap unless they're asking for so much money that it hurts the team, then it becomes their job.
I disagree because the makeup of the team is not their responsibility. There's no team consideration when getting paid, the business is not built on loyalty, it is all about who will pay the most.

If you worked for a company, would you take less so they could keep another employee who, btw, wanted more money? You might if you could see where that might benefit you but how does it benefit any team for any player to take less?

So, Elliott takes less so they can keep another player, how does that benefit him? ksk, I know you are not money driven so I get where you're coming from but this team concept is over, it's all about hired guns getting as much as they can while they can.

It is not Elliott's job or responsibility to help management handle their cap better. They just gave the DE 21M, think that doesn't make ripples? The Joneses are not good at making the tough personnel decisions and they want him to help them out on that? Think Belichick expects players to help him manage the cap? And he's the only one that can really use that "come to me and I will adorn you with jewelry" lure.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Not sure how you figure.
1. They are in contract negotiations

2. Zeke holding out is him using his leverage. The Front Office is under pressure to get a deal done because he is the best player on the team and our playoff hopes would dwindle without him.

3. Its cute you mention Zeke is “greedy” and not “honoring his contract”. So when a team Cuts a player before said contract was over, are they being greedy? Or is it business?

4. This team ran Demarco Murray into the ground in 2014 and then offered him a 4year deal for like $6m a year. Why would Zeke want to live that same situation?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
This is to all the posters who want players to take a pay cut.

If your boss came up to you and said would you take a $4 an hour pay cut so he can hire a couple extra employees so that more work could get done more efficiently. But if you don't take a pay cut they will have to lay off a few employees. So who's taking that pay cut?

I understand some make less then others but I know some here make good money. So who's taking the pay cut?

This is for all the posters who want players to take a pay cuts for the greater good of the team, the same team that will eventually cut you to save money.

You have to context this. It's not as simple as "taking a pay cut". I took a pay cut when I came to the job I currently have. Now, I knew that I had the possibility of making a lot more money but it wasn't guaranteed and I was in a situation where I had more money coming in that was guaranteed. I took a pay cut and it ended up working out for me in the long run.

It's not as cut and dried as you are framing it here. The biggest difference, neither Dak or Zeke are looking at a pay cut. They are both looking at significant pay increases.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How am I being selfish?

I'm willing to sacrifice $2M a year so one of my teammates can get that money and thus improve our teams chances of winning a Super Bowl.

That's selfish?

He didn't have a choice if he wanted to stay with the best coached team in the game. They did bump him up 8M this season but the rest of that is funny money as I am sure he got tired of the media pointing out how affordable he was.

It is not selfish of any player. Let that other player that wants my 2M cut his price. Why in the hell should I take a hit because he wants more?

I get it, you and ksk and quite a few others want this to be that team sport all the way around but it isn't. It's a merc business with every man for himself and get and much as he can while he can because it's not their job to help a bunch of guys getting rich off their exploits on the field.

kskboys

Reaction score
It’s why mgmt has to make the tough decisions to let players walk.

If every player took less to help the team then there’d be no tough decisions to make . C’mon K
Dammmm, I thought we were done w/ this.

To me, it's not taking less. It's taking a fair contract.

We're not going to agree, I don't know why you keep on!!!!!

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
How am I being selfish?

That's selfish?

You are selfish because you are upset that Zeke is asking to be the highest paid player in the league.

kskboys

Reaction score
If its not a big difference, the team that is offering the $31m should just offer the $33m then, right?

You see how this works?
2 mill buys you that backup OL that you need when someone goes down. See how that works?

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
He didn't have a choice if he wanted to stay with the best coached team in the game. They did bump him up 8M this season but the rest of that is funny money as I am sure he got tired of the media pointing out how affordable he was.

It is not selfish of any player. Let that other player that wants my 2M cut his price. Why in the hell should I take a hit because he wants more?

I get it, you and ksk and quite a few others want this to be that team sport all the way around but it isn't. It's a merc business with every man for himself and get and much as he can while he can because it's not their job to help a bunch of guys getting rich off their exploits on the field.

:hammer: