How much better would the offense be with Martin or Knight at RT

SackMaster

Reaction score
Well.. Dak had 4 picks and was strip sacked multiple times that were killer turnovers in the outcome of the game. And we went 1-3 to start the season.. So I know Dak had great stats but I believe those stats were a product of volume more than anything. Plus the Seahawks, Falcons, and Browns have trash pass defense.

Dak’s a good player but it’s not like he was overcoming things. He helped get us in some of those deficits.
We get it. Anyone OTHER than Dak could get it done. Kind of like when Romo went down. Anyone could do better than him too. Yet no one without the name Tony or Dak has even come close.

All I am waiting for is when Lawrence / Fields / whoever is our next QB fails because we spent all our cap money on other teams rejects (aka Free Agents) who fail to live up to their contracts, I will sit back and watch you complain about the next QB not being able to "overcome things" either because you fail to acknowledge the real issues with the roster.

Boy, it will be a BLAST.
:facepalm:

quickccc

Reaction score
McCarthy is willing to die on this hill because Steele was "his guy he picked." This has been discussed ad nauseum on the Fan.

I've always been a proponent of starting your best 5 guys but who am I?

Did MM pick Steele ? .. or did McClay group pick Steele ? ...

quickccc

Reaction score
Steele is a undeveloped mediocre OT , poor on strength core and technique ..he's flat overwhelmed and gonna give up sacks
but team loves his athleticism and length.

i can see team going with him one more game until McKnight gets back ,,and then i'd go with a Erving, McKnight duo

JMPearson

Reaction score
IF you put Lonney at RG and Martin at RT, I think they are good enough to win every game outside of B more and Pittsburgh.

PurpleHaze22

Reaction score
I agree.I don't know how Looney went from starting center to the bench.He did a good job last year filling at guard.Right now this is our best option.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
McCarthy is willing to die on this hill because Steele was "his guy he picked." This has been discussed ad nauseum on the Fan.

I've always been a proponent of starting your best 5 guys but who am I?
I don't understand this thinking. Steele is an undrafted free agent - no coach is going to commit hari kiri for that. Why can't we just believe the simple idea that the team is committed to Martin as an OG, and Knight is currently injured so he can't take the spot anyway? Can something be true only if it is the more dramatic story?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree.I don't know how Looney went from starting center to the bench.He did a good job last year filling at guard.Right now this is our best option.
He went to the bench because he got injured. He was starting until then. As for OG, maybe the team feels Williams has more talent/upside.

PurpleHaze22

Reaction score
He went to the bench because he got injured. He was starting until then. As for OG, maybe the team feels Williams has more talent/upside.
Not for Williams.For Martin.Move Martin to tackle.Steele is killing us.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think Mike is too scared of mcGovern giving up inside pressure vs steele giving up outside pressure. That is the difference.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I dont understand why things that are plainly obvious to us (Jaylon Smith, Steele, Crawford) are something the staff just doesnt see.

That's the part that's troublesome.

It's as if its let's keep running them out there and let them be awful.

I can see wanting to develop Steele, but how does that explain Robinson?

This entire organization cant do anything right to the point where it wouldnt shock me if Robinson was our best DB later this season. I have zero trust in them.

Jake0

Reaction score
I think Steele is starting because he's an amazing tank commander.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I hope Brandon Knight will return to the OL lineup at RT as soon as he returns to the lineup from IR. He's a solid OT at that spot. I'm hoping La'el might return to LG, upon his eventual return. Perhaps Connor Williams could be useful as a backup?! Remains to be seen.

Last edited: