How much do you want to bet: WR Round 1

cowboyec

Reaction score
N'Keal Harry,WR-Az State.

or...Noah Fant,TE-Iowa.

but Jerry tipped his hand yesterday....all in on Dak and then the statement about WR1.

ok......Will McClay.....get us a good 1.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Fire JG & SL, move KR to interim We need every second of evaluation the remaining games would allow. The player shopping list for the offseason is growing & you need all the information possible to determine how critical each piece is.

QB - Does Cooper or Mike show enough to develop? Still need to bring in a vet who could mentor & be starter if needed.
LT - Sorry but Tyron looks like a shell of his former self. Critical position, must be addressed.
C - Who knows but somehow I'm not overly optimistic.
RT - ask LC what he wants to be. If its RT, then he needs to get in shape to regain some quickness. If he wants to eat, move him back to G. Does C Will then try his hand at RT or do you look in FA & draft?
WR - certainly we could add to the talent with another youngster. Needs above are more pressing though.

DT - hopefully next coaching philosophy will value some strength in the middle.
FS - If we don't see some marked improvement, we have to address.
SS - not as critical but by year end you should know if you have the pieces or not.

cowboyec

Reaction score
if Im wrong and they do draft a QB...remember this name.
Boise St QB Brett Rypien.....you watch this f/o draft THIS guy...we love Boise St players.
the only way we wont is if Garrett is gone...and I aint holdin' my breath.
not trying to be a downer....just honest.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Fire JG & SL, move KR to interim We need every second of evaluation the remaining games would allow. The player shopping list for the offseason is growing & you need all the information possible to determine how critical each piece is.

QB - Does Cooper or Mike show enough to develop? Still need to bring in a vet who could mentor & be starter if needed.
LT - Sorry but Tyron looks like a shell of his former self. Critical position, must be addressed.
C - Who knows but somehow I'm not overly optimistic.
RT - ask LC what he wants to be. If its RT, then he needs to get in shape to regain some quickness. If he wants to eat, move him back to G. Does C Will then try his hand at RT or do you look in FA & draft?
WR - certainly we could add to the talent with another youngster. Needs above are more pressing though.

DT - hopefully next coaching philosophy will value some strength in the middle.
FS - If we don't see some marked improvement, we have to address.
SS - not as critical but by year end you should know if you have the pieces or not.
I'd love Ohio St DT DreMont Jones in Rd 1.

Sydla

Reaction score
2019 Jones Family Offseason:

1) Talk about how swell Jason is. He's gaining so much knowledge each year and really learning from our mounting losses

2) Talk about how great Linehan has been and how they appreciate what he's given to the organization. Then they crap can him as the scapegoat.

3) After an exhaustive search for a new OC, they really kept coming back to one name. Jerry talks about how he's been around a lot of great coaches and this guy just has the look of the next great thing. And then they hire Kellen Moore as the OC.

4) Free agency opens and they offer some mid-level FA wide receiver an upper echelon contract.

5) Use a first round pick on a WR or TE.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
2019 Jones Family Offseason:

1) Talk about how swell Jason is. He's gaining so much knowledge each year and really learning from our mounting losses

2) Talk about how great Linehan has been and how they appreciate what he's given to the organization. Then they crap can him as the scapegoat.

3) After an exhaustive search for a new OC, they really kept coming back to one name. Jerry talks about how he's been around a lot of great coaches and this guy just has the look of the next great thing. And then they hire Kellen Moore as the OC.

4) Free agency opens and they offer some mid-level FA wide receiver an upper echelon contract.

5) Use a first round pick on a WR or TE.

It seems par for the course but how can you just keep failing the same way again and again?

TasteMyScythe

Reaction score
N'Keal Harry,WR-Az State.

or...Noah Fant,TE-Iowa.

but Jerry tipped his hand yesterday....all in on Dak and then the statement about WR1.

ok......Will McClay.....get us a good 1.
N'Keal Harry is an animal...love him!

The best WR to come out of ASU since John Jefferson (1977)

Last edited:

DFWJC

Reaction score
Don't like using word hate, but yeah, I hate any concept of force drafting a player based soley on position.
Doesn't get much worse than that

Johnny23

Reaction score
Team is drafting top 10 and the only acceptable skill player would be a QB.
You know how much they hate being wrong about their guys. Dak's gotten progressively worse and there's no signs of improvement but they have not given up on him. We'll draft a DT before qb round one.

ghst187

Reaction score
If we do go receiver, I want N'Keal Harry.

Intriguing if we’re not drafting high and going after a QB.
Walterfootball however said something a bit disturbing about him and has him ranked kinda low saying he reminds him of Laquan Treadwell who was an amazing big college WR but near bust in the NFL because of his quickness. Not sayin, just sayin.
To my eyeball test, kid reminds me a LOT of Dez coming out, except even a bit bigger.
I have no idea about his route running and it’s hard to determine against teams like UTSA because Harry is just out size/talent’ing them so badly but it does look to me like Harry could have success in the NFL too because you can’t teach that size and talent, but will depend on his head and ability to polish routes. If we’re drafting outside of top ten this guy is def intriguing esp if we hand Tank a big contract. This draft is overloaded along the DL, one of places I think we are good at.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I highly doubt that being we have already acquired some very young WR's. Besides, Dallas is going after a veteran here shortly before October 30th deadline. Amari Cooper sound good? Or how about Demaryius Thomas? Stay tuned Cowboys fans, it's about to get juicy in the WR dept.