How much is Dak worth?

csirl

Reaction score
But you do know Cam is worth 7 million because he's in his 30's..he's been hurt for the past 2 years and he's coming off a season ending injury. You do know this though right?

Dalton is on a similar salary. This seems to be the new "going rate" for experienced starting QBs.

Do you think Dak will put up 4 times better numbers than Cam will? Is Dak 4 times more likely to make the pro bowl, playoffs, win division, lead league in passing [insert chosen metric]?

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
is that right? Okay... then I say:
$55 Million per Season, Guaranteed .... but since this is a TEAM sport, the $55 Million will have to be shared with the 53+2 from prac squad in the TEAM. because... hey! it is a TEAM sport and wins and loses are credited to all TEAM players ... right? Therefore after a quick math Dak's value is $1M per season... and I don't care if it is guaranteed or not. see? We've been overpaying him all this time.

Still want to pull the TEAM card now?

Well then the other 54 TEAM members would have to share their pay with him too. It works both ways in a team sport. Next time take an adult approach to things..

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dalton is on a similar salary. This seems to be the new "going rate" for experienced starting QBs.

Do you think Dak will put up 4 times better numbers than Cam will? Is Dak 4 times more likely to make the pro bowl, playoffs, win division, lead league in passing [insert chosen metric]?
ONCE. AGAIN. The factors in the money Dalton and Cam got has nothing to do with the "going rate".

Ryan Tannehill just did this last year. Signed a one year deal with the Titans. Signed essentially to be a backup to Mariota.
Plays solid and got a 118 million dollar deal.

Dalton and Cam are not very good at this point. Dalton just isn't a starting quarterback material and Cam is coming off the injuries. Cam has a chance to build his stock back up and if he does he will not be paid pennies. HE will be paid just like Tannenhill did.

Dak is going upward and is 26 years old.
Cam and Dalton are going downwards and are over 30.

I don't know if you guys just forget how things work or what's going on.

Swagger

Reaction score
But you do know Cam is worth 7 million because he's in his 30's..he's been hurt for the past 2 years and he's coming off a season ending injury. You do know this though right?
Yes and he's had a long term to get healthy.
Peyton Manning wasn't too shabby after breaking his neck and being written off by many.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I dunno... that is a lot... McDonalds prices are ridiculous now for a hamburger no thicker than a sheet of paper, on something called a Big Mac lol.
What I like is now you pretty much order everything yourself if you go inside.

I would rather do the drive thru and let them do the work.

If I am doing the work inside..I want a discount on my purchase.

I am saving you salaries so you need less people and your profit on me is just increasing.

I will turn around and go to a real drive thru and order.

Micky D is a joke.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yes and he's had a long term to get healthy.
Peyton Manning wasn't too shabby after breaking his neck and being written off by many.
Peyton Manning didn't rely on his body in order to make plays. Totally different situations. Peyton also got 100 million with bad neck.

Swagger

Reaction score
Peyton Manning didn't rely on his body in order to make plays. Totally different situations. Peyton also got 100 million with bad neck.
Which is why the Patriots have taken up an incentive driven risk free contract. Bill will design plays to protect Cam far more than he was at the Panthers.

Interesting that Peyton received 100 million after breaking his neck. I respect the risk/reward in the decision rather than going with a more durable Homer Simpson type QB.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Which is why the Patriots have taken up an incentive driven risk free contract. Bill will design plays to protect Cam far more than he was at the Panthers.

Interesting that Peyton received 100 million after breaking his neck. I respect the risk/reward in the decision rather than going with a more durable Homer Simpson type QB.
Well I don't know if that deal Peyton got was incentive based but yeah it was a risk. A HUGE RISK. I don't remember many having confidence in that neck. I remember a lot of people thinking he'd have to retire.

Swagger

Reaction score
Well I don't know if that deal Peyton got was incentive based but yeah it was a risk. A HUGE RISK. I don't remember many having confidence in that neck. I remember a lot of people thinking he'd have to retire.
I agree.

Arguably that's what teams need to do to win a Superbowl these days - gain an edge/take a risk as the margins are so fine between most teams with the salary cap in place.

GenoT

Reaction score
Dak is worth exactly what his employer (Jerry Jones) is willing to pay him. Nothing more, nothing less. This is the reality we all face.

Otherwise, wish in one hand, take a dump in the other...and then tell us which one fills up first.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I agree.

Arguably that's what teams need to do to win a Superbowl these days - gain an edge/take a risk as the margins are so fine between most teams with the salary cap in place.
It is. Worked for them they had a very solid defense and Wade Phillips. Actually by the time they actually won a Super Bowl....Peyton was a shell of his former self. But he had them contending soon as he got there.

Swagger

Reaction score
It is. Worked for them they had a very solid defense and Wade Phillips. Actually by the time they actually won a Super Bowl....Peyton was a shell of his former self. But he had them contending soon as he got there.
I agree.

Ironically the year Denver won the Superbowl he was effectively playing in an 80 year old body! They still had the benefit of his experience and ability of reading defenses the year they won the Superbowl but yes he really was way off his previous best. He did give them a couple if great season as well.

blueblood70

Reaction score
His poor reads in Minnesota? That Minnesota game was arguably his best game of the season especially when you factor in the defense he was facing. What poor reads are you talking about?
UP UNTIL THE GAME WAS ON THE LINE did you hear listen and watch the video, its dead on.. hes plays great until pressure mounts..its the issue he had all 2019..

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Dak’s value continues to go up with each passing year, which makes Jerry’s failure to sign him immediately after the 2018 season a glaring blunder.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Enjoy....or don't.....the rest I leave to you.

6:18 here comes the out of context "record versus winning teams" line. Knew it was coming.

If you're only going to pay QBs with winning records versus winning teams you get Brady, Wilson, and Big Ben. That's all. Let's add that Mahomes kid now, too.

Everyone else - including some future hall of famers - are just "good" QBs with losing records against winning teams and undeserving of a pay day. That would include Drew Brees and his "great" coach Sean Payton, as well as Aaron Rodgers (who spent most of his career playing for Big Mike).

And before some moron claims I just said Dak is as good as Drew Brees, I did not. I said the particular argument being used against Dak is lame and used Brees to demonstrate why.