How much is Dak worth?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Not a Dak hater at all, I just looked at the other side of the numbers. Only a Dak lover would think Dak is worth your number. the truth is somewhere between the two. Anyone who would take Dak over Cam for the $$$$ amounts is not being honest with themselves, going to be funny watching Cam playing deep in the playoffs while Dak is on the couch again and you are making excuses on how it is everyone else's fault.

Yawn. It’s like you are reading right from the dummy Dak hater play book. A successful 26 year old QB at 6-7 million, yeah that makes sense. Don’t be a dummy.

75boyz

Reaction score
So, Aikman doesn't care for Dak ….

I love Dak Prescott,'' Aikman told me. "I love everything about him. …

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news...-prescott-and-the-dallas-cowboys-will-pay-him

Is the bait for me to counter and link several critical statements now...?

For every single positive trait you can provide by analyst, coach, QB, former player or other so called expert I can counter with an equal amount or more of THE same people criticizing his play.

Aikman's level of consistency with regards to keeping Fox and ratings high in supporting the cash cow that is the Dallas Cowboys is telling in the week to week contrasts.

Makes for good tv though.

Quality marketing.

Kinda like selling your entire fan base on a false hope of being a player or 2 away for 25 years, winning a total of 3 playoff games YET becoming the most profitable sports franchise on the planet. It's an oxymoron.

Sometimes the stuff on the surface ain't what it appears.
Jerry is a master mind marketer.

Dak Prescott wins 1 out of every 4 when he faces good teams.

Troy Aikman has criticized Dak.

I'll spare you the links. Yes, there are plenty.

Gotta look a little deeper some times.
Don't believe the hype.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
While a Dallas Cowboy, Dak is worth whatever Jerry says he is worth. ;)

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is the bait for me to counter and link several critical statements now...?

For every single positive trait you can provide by analyst, coach, QB, former player or other so called expert I can counter with an equal amount or more of THE same people criticizing his play.

Aikman's level of consistency with regards to keeping Fox and ratings high in supporting the cash cow that is the Dallas Cowboys is telling in the week to week contrasts.

Makes for good tv though.

Quality marketing.

Kinda like selling your entire fan base on a false hope of being a player or 2 away for 25 years, winning a total of 3 playoff games YET becoming the most profitable sports franchise on the planet. It's an oxymoron.

Sometimes the stuff on the surface ain't what it appears.
Jerry is a master mind marketer.

Dak Prescott wins 1 out of every 4 when he faces good teams.

Troy Aikman has criticized Dak.

I'll spare you the links. Yes, there are plenty.

Gotta look a little deeper some times.
Don't believe the hype.
I'm not saying Dak hasn't had criticisms of Dak. Hell, that's his job. But that doesn't mean he doesn't believe in Dak, it just means he thinks Dak has things to work on.

Brax

Reaction score
This post is so nonsensical I feel goofy even responding to it.

Neither Wentz nor Cousins have an MVP, or got their team to a championship game or made a Super Bowl appearance, and they both signed new deals that pay over $32 million per year. Clearly those things are not considered necessary to make that kind of money.

To suggest Dak is only worthy of about 20% of what those guys got shows you aren't even able to talk about this rationally.
Cam is a good QB, shows the scale for QB's, my point was 35.5 is to much for a QB with nothing on the wall. Start talking $20s that is realistic for Dak's skill set..

75boyz

Reaction score
I'm not saying Dak hasn't had criticisms of Dak. Hell, that's his job. But that doesn't mean he doesn't believe in Dak, it just means he thinks Dak has things to work on.

No worries.
My stance wasn't so much about Troys criticizing or not but more my belief that Dak should not be paid based off some false sense of entitlement. 6-17 against winning teams. 1-2 in the playoffs.
Just like Jerry's performance as GM since '96.
13 playoff games
3 wins
7 one and dones
That should not allow him to be the success that he is.
BUT...
He is unfortunately!
Dak should not be given a free pass to prosperity cuz he hasn't earned it.
I thought only the Joneses got paid like that just for showing up to work.
I guess they might adopt Dak like they did Garrett for a while.

Oh well, Go Cowboys

LocoBates

Reaction score
Well then the other 54 TEAM members would have to share their pay with him too. It works both ways in a team sport. Next time take an adult approach to things..

it works both ways in a team sport, and that my friend is a problem when the QB is asking the equivalent to 4 or 5 players' salary and with nothing to backup that demand. Wait... he (or should I say the TEAM? ) has 1 Playoff win but never advancing past the Divisional round, now does that justify being the highest paid player in NFL or eating up that much of the TEAM's salary cap ?

Just because the Cowboys have made mistakes in the past or because other Teams have recently made mistakes with their contract QBs (Wentz, Cousins, Flaco, Geoff) doesn't mean Cowboys have to CONTINUE doing them.

KeepinTime

Reaction score
I dunno... that is a lot... McDonalds prices are ridiculous now for a hamburger no thicker than a sheet of paper, on something called a Big Mac lol.

I know, right? Combo meals used to be $6 tops, now they’re twice that. I try not to eat fast food too often but when I do it’s usually Burger King. Tastes better, anyway.

khiladi

Reaction score
Just as an aside, in “Dak’s” playoff win, he threw an INT on Seattle’s 0, on the second to last drive at 17-14. On the final Dallas drive, Zeke ran the ball six times including a 17 yarder, and Dak was 0-4 throwing the ball and bailed out by a bogus call on a third down. And the QB draw he had, was a brilliant call by Linehan and Dak didn’t get touched until the third level.

Zeke rushed 26 times and completely wore out the Seattle defensive front by that final drive. On the Qb draw, I believe Collins was like 10 yards up field before he made contact with a DB.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
it works both ways in a team sport, and that my friend is a problem when the QB is asking the equivalent to 4 or 5 players' salary and with nothing to backup that demand. Wait... he (or should I say the TEAM? ) has 1 Playoff win but never advancing past the Divisional round, now does that justify being the highest paid player in NFL or eating up that much of the TEAM's salary cap ?

Just because the Cowboys have made mistakes in the past or because other Teams have recently made mistakes with their contract QBs (Wentz, Cousins, Flaco, Geoff) doesn't mean Cowboys have to CONTINUE doing them.

OR maybe the Cowboys can just ignore your evaluation of Prescott and rely on their own evaluation. After all their evaluation isn't being made from their couch.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Not a Dak hater at all, I just looked at the other side of the numbers. Only a Dak lover would think Dak is worth your number. the truth is somewhere between the two. Anyone who would take Dak over Cam for the $$$$ amounts is not being honest with themselves, going to be funny watching Cam playing deep in the playoffs while Dak is on the couch again and you are making excuses on how it is everyone else's fault.

Got to love foolishness like this. Newton best weapon was his legs except he can't stay healthy anymore. He was never considered a good passer and scrambled out of trouble. Being 31 and relying on his legs but the slightest hit now he gets injured, it won't take long and Brian Hoyer will be the starting QB.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Troll this fact....since 2017 Dak is 6-17 against winning teams and has a ratio of 25 TD and 25 TD Int.
Against teams with +10 wins, Dak is 5-13.
Against teams with -9 losses, Dak is 35-11.
So you want to pay this QB who can only beat DOG teams a new mega-deal don't you Dak-Troll?
Now sit in your Troll world and ponder why he will NOT be getting a long term deal!!!
This is absolutely startling! I knew he struggled but that's awful when you factor in he wants top their QB money.

Hadenough

Reaction score
If Cam has recovered from that foot problem the Patriots got a steal. And the saga in Dallas will continue with Dak. I'm betting he gets McCarthy fired.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Like most other things, Dak's worth what someone will pay him - be that Jerry or whoever.

To me a $100,000 Corvette is worth the money, others will say it's not because it's only a 2 seater, or " there's nowhere you can drive it as fast as it will go anyway", etc.

But there's a line out the door to get one, so it's "worth" the price.

And as far as Dak "won't ever get us to the Super Bowl", that's an unknown, the future is ahead of us.

If he does get us there, all the naysayers will either slink away quietly or say "it was the team that won", etc.

To each his own opinion, I don't have to agree with them...
Good post, I agree with everything you said.

But do you think that if we don't make a Super Bowl with Dak that all his biggest supporters will make excuses why we didn't. excluding Dak from any blame?

I think it's human nature and I would expect that not many on either side of the fence will change their minds much.

I'm one of the skeptics, but certainly not a hater. I root for him every game and hope he does well. I hope he proves me wrong.