How short is Garrett's leash?

GenoT

Reaction score
As long as Jerry is willing to bend over backwards to “excuse” Garrett for the team’s underachievement, it’ll take something like a Wade Phillips-style 1-7 start, or maybe a Browns-like 2-14 finish, before Jerry would dump JG.

Jerry Jones turns 76yo next month. It’s highly doubtful that, at his age, JJ would be eager to start all over again with a new HC and system. And, most importantly, Jerry has almost all of his “real football guy” credibility invested in Garrett succeeding (read: SB win) as HC of the Cowboys

Bottom-line: as long as he doesn’t drop much below 8-8, and as long as there’s any halfway reasonable excuse available, Jason Garret isn’t getting fired.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
I was watching film of Kris Richard interacting with the secondary and I couldn't help thinking that this is the type of personality that I want coaching my team. He is more Bill Cowher than Jason Garrett and that is a great thing. With that in mind, how bad does the Cowboy start have to be to replace Garrett with Richard by midseason? Would an 0-3 or 1-4 start do it? That would definitely make the rest of the season more fun and interesting to watch. And I am only assuming that Richard would be the next man up but I think that he was brought here for that reason. What say you?

JG's leash is extendabe or shotenable like my dog's leash. The only thing that would make the owner unleash him in season is if the team gives up on him like they did on Wade. A playoff win and he keeps the leash. 9-7 or worse and he may get a flea collar instead. what you want is irrelevant sjmike. What I want equally irrelevant

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The way you argue are you able to name the blunders and show their specific negativ result please. Just make a list like blunder1 - result1 etc...
All he’s got is the Atlanta game blunders on Garrett. lol

Nothing of course about Daks blunders after Elliott’s suspension like leading league in Pik 6 and his horrid performances.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
As long as Jerry is willing to bend over backwards to “excuse” Garrett for the team’s underachievement, it’ll take something like a Wade Phillips-style 1-7 start, or maybe a Browns-like 2-14 finish, before Jerry would dump JG.

Jerry Jones turns 76yo next month. It’s highly doubtful that, at his age, JJ would be eager to start all over again with a new HC and system. And, most importantly, Jerry has almost all of his “real football guy” credibility invested in Garrett succeeding (read: SB win) as HC of the Cowboys

Bottom-line: as long as he doesn’t drop much below 8-8, and as long as there’s any halfway reasonable excuse available, Jason Garret isn’t getting fired.
Whether we like it or not this is accurate.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
as long as the fans keep spending money and buying merchandize and attending games and taking tours of the star and the stadium and going to training camp and they are in the conversartion good or bad during the regular season jerry is not going to do any thing winning is not the main goal in dallas any more and hasn't been for awhile now
That's total BS. There's 1 thing Jerry wants more than anything else is to win another Super Bowl. Any by the way, just think of how much more money would come in if he does win another one. Your take is total nonsense.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Ill just start with the Atlanta game:

Blunder 1: Thinking that Chaz Green could simply step in for Tyrone Smith with no issues and Cooper next to him

Blunder 2: No scheme help for him with a TE or RB in case he would need it

Blunder 3: Once the first couple of sacks happened, waiting way too long to make an adjustment

These 3 blunders alone cost us the game by the time the first half was over.
Wow, never heard this before.

DHCBF66

Reaction score
I was watching film of Kris Richard interacting with the secondary and I couldn't help thinking that this is the type of personality that I want coaching my team. He is more Bill Cowher than Jason Garrett and that is a great thing. With that in mind, how bad does the Cowboy start have to be to replace Garrett with Richard by midseason? Would an 0-3 or 1-4 start do it? That would definitely make the rest of the season more fun and interesting to watch. And I am only assuming that Richard would be the next man up but I think that he was brought here for that reason. What say you?
Funny how people think Richards is the solution to our problem. 2 former Seahawk DCs went on to be head coaches, Richards was let go and now was demoted to DB coach. But yet he is going to lead us to 5 SB wins.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That's total BS. There's 1 thing Jerry wants more than anything else is to win another Super Bowl. Any by the way, just think of how much more money would come in if he does win another one. Your take is total nonsense.
Jerry wants to win more than anyone but only his way.

If winning was the priority above his personal egotistical agendas then he’d of brought in a GM and proven HC.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

If winning was the priority above his personal egotistical agendas then he’d of brought in a GM and proven HC.
Again, total BS. Don't let your disgust cloud your judgement.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score

Pretty much agree Geno T

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score

No coach has won the Superbowl with 2 teams our odds are better with Garrett than with a coach that has done it

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Again, total BS. Don't let your disgust cloud your judgement.
You say that but have nothing or no one to support .Don’t let your rose colored glasses blur your view.

Explain why Jerry said he’d of fired a GM with his record this era. And why he doesn’t attract or pursue more proven HC??

Only wanting to win your way is not doing everything within your power to win.

Last edited:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You say that but have nothing or no one to support .Don’t let your rose colored glasses blur your view.

Explain why Jerry said he’d of fired a GM with his record this era. And why he doesn’t attract or pursue more proven HC??

Only wanting to win your way is not doing everything within your power to win.
Because he believes in himself and Garrett and not because he doesn't care about winning. Jeez beleeze.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
1 maybe 2
Actually there’s 6. Fact check.

Don Shula, who went to six Super Bowls with Baltimore and Miami; Bill Parcells, who went to three with the Giantsand New England; Dan Reeves, who went to four with Denver and Atlanta; Vermeil, who went once each with Philadelphia and St. Louis; Mike Holmgren, who went to three with Green Bay and Seattle; and John Fox, who went once each with Carolina and Denver.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2016/01/27/s...n-bill-parcells-john-fox-don-shula-dan-reeves