How short is Garrett's leash?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
it’s an important and critical discrepancy.

We all know Jerry wants to win more than anyone but not enough to get out of the way.

I’m not even sure he wants to win unless he gets some credit for his involvement?

I’m curious why you believe Jerry at 76 provides the Cowboys our best chance to win as our GM?
Because I realize that he's the GM only in title. The rest of the organization as a whole makes the personnel decisions. Jerry has ultimate authority, but the vast majority of GM duties and decisions are made by those beneath him.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Because I realize that he's the GM only in title. The rest of the organization as a whole makes the personnel decisions. Jerry has ultimate authority, but the vast majority of GM duties and decisions are made by those beneath him.
Your basing your evaluation on pure speculation.
Noone in our orginization would support your theory.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Ill just start with the Atlanta game:

Blunder 1: Thinking that Chaz Green could simply step in for Tyrone Smith with no issues and Cooper next to him

Blunder 2: No scheme help for him with a TE or RB in case he would need it

Blunder 3: Once the first couple of sacks happened, waiting way too long to make an adjustment

These 3 blunders alone cost us the game by the time the first half was over.

Ok some points to what you posted:

You did list some blunders. but not the negativ effects the blunder had. I could interpret some of your writings on my own. So lets say the blunder with chaz green follwed the negativ outcome of 6 sacks. but that would be my own interpretation and not the initial goal. I wanted to read your not mine opinion. And seriously i dont take one game (one half of a game) to judge a HC or that a team "completely fell apart". I would review the whole season for that kind of statement.

Second you listed only the antlanta game. Your initial statement was that "The team completely fell apart once adversity hit.". I expected you list the blunders so in the end it shows that the team fell apart. I dont see any argument by you that supports your statement. To say my opinion: There were chances the team could fall apart. Like i already stated in my initial post. But it didnt. And i for myself have the opninion that had to do with the good coching by our HC.

Now to your list:

Blunder1: In the first degree to set up the OL is OL coaches duty. Not the HCs.

Blunder2: In the first degree to scheme for help is the OL coaches duty and the duty of the OC. Not the HCs.

Of course the HC has always the veto right. But to give him all the responsibility for all the decissions that were made to me is first not fair and actually also plain wrong.

Blunder3: In the first degree this is first and for all the OCs responsibility. Of course again the HC has the veto right and i am with you he should have used it earlier. But again it is NOT his lone responsibility.

So you listed 3 blunders and none proves your initial statement.

Do you got more to prove it ?

Last edited:

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
This is a different era. You can’t retain the talent. Teams are being built quickly with sudden turn arounds.

Must have the eye for talent . Can’t miss on 2nd, 3rd rounds , etc. Hitting only on 1st and a couple rounds each year takes too long.

Either need an elite QB and or defense to go deep. There’s no time to surround lesser talents with more support.
you sir are correct you don't have years to build a team in free agency like you did in the landry days this league is designed for quick turnarounds in teams with a few moves in free agency and drafting well you have to know how to use free agency

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Ok some points to what you posted:

You did list some blunders. but not the negativ effects the blunder had. I could interpret some of your writings on my own. So lets say the blunder with chaz green follwed the negativ outcome of 6 sacks. but that would be my own interpretation and not the initial goal. I wanted to read your not mine opinion. And seriously i dont take one game (one half of a game) to judge a HC or that a team "completely fell apart". I would review the whole season for that kind of statement.

Second you listed only the antlanta game. Your initial statement was that "The team completely fell apart once adversity hit.". I expected you list the blunders so in the end it shows that the team fell apart. I dont see any argument by you that supports your statement. To say my opinion: There were chances the team could fall apart. Like i already stated in my initial post. But it didnt. And i for myself have the opninion that had to do with the good coching by our HC.

Now to your list:

Blunder1: In the first degree to set up the OL is OL coaches duty. Not the HCs.

Blunder2: In the first degree to scheme for help is the OL coaches duty and the duty of the OC. Not the HCs.

Of course the HC has always the veto right. But to give him all the responsibility for all the decissions that were made to me is first not fair and actually also plain wrong.

Blunder3: In the first degree this is first and for all the OCs responsibility. Of course again the HC has the veto right and i am with you he should have used it earlier. But again it is NOT his lone responsibility.

So you listed 3 blunders and none proves your initial statement.

Do you got more to prove it ?

Yah, I listed 3 obvious ones in an obvious situation. What this proves is how clueless Garrett is.

As far as other blunders where do you want to start? Over his career other huge blunders like these that showed how clueless he was?

Scheme blunders? Offseason blunders that began before last season even began?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Yah, I listed 3 obvious ones in an obvious situation. What this proves is how clueless Garrett is.

As far as other blunders where do you want to start? Over his career other huge blunders like these that showed how clueless he was?

Scheme blunders? Offseason blunders that began before last season even began?
13-3 just a year ago. Nice blunder.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Is Garrett the only recipient of Coach of Year honors who’s a blithering Idiot? Lol