How should the ‘Boys greet Jon Bostic?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Bobhaze, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Bobhaze

Bobhaze Moderator

7,942 Messages
    24,761 Likes Received
    A little over a month ago, WFT LB Jon Bostic put a cheap shot hit on Andy Dalton that looked closer to a decapitation than a tackle. Bostic was fined, although I was a little surprised he wasn’t suspended at least one game.

The Cowboys players’ response to that hit has certainly been cussed and discussed ad nauseum. What I want to know is, if you were a Cowboys player, how should Bostic be treated Thurs?

Obviously IMO, you should never cheap shot anyone period. Ever. But if I were wearing a star on my helmet Thurs, I would relish every legal hit I could give that guy with a little extra sauce on top. At the very least, he should emerge from the game sore and with plenty of reminders that this game can be played physical without cheap shots. In fact, I hope the Cowboys remind his ace every play how physical this game can be.

5Stars, Aven8, SwensonDC and 10 others like this.
  2. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

48,741 Messages
    50,166 Likes Received
    I'll take odds that Cam Erving is the first to greet him...

3. garyo1954

garyo1954 Well-Known Member

2,624 Messages
    2,945 Likes Received
  4. JohnnyTheFox

JohnnyTheFox Achilleslastand

7,384 Messages
    13,143 Likes Received
    Forgot about that, time for some payback indeed.

AmericasTeam81 and catiii like this.
  5. Direwolf63

Direwolf63 RXP

14,650 Messages
    22,063 Likes Received
    The NFL let him get off scott free.

So I guess the Cowboys have no other choice but to take matters into their own hands. The team was slammed for being soft after the hit. If the team does nothing, they will be slammed again. Deservedly so.

6. nightrain

nightrain Since 1971

7,902 Messages
    12,891 Likes Received
    With a blowout win and 200 rushing yards.

7. JoeKing

JoeKing Diehard Zone Supporter

23,418 Messages
    20,019 Likes Received
    That punk better watch his back.

8. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Moderator

28,047 Messages
    48,354 Likes Received
    Do nothing, the refs are well aware of what happened. Don't give them a reason for flags. That said, doesn't mean they can't run some plays at him and let Elliott pop him.

Bostic's own players weren't on board with what he did judging by their reaction and why he wasn't tossed in that game and suspended for the next one is puzzling. The very thing these rules are designed to prevent gets overlooked by that ref and the league office? So much for their BS about player safety.

5Stars, maryquality, Scotman and 7 others like this.
  9. GMO415

GMO415 Well-Known Member

11,647 Messages
    18,820 Likes Received
    Big Payback

10. thunderpimp91

thunderpimp91 Well-Known Member

2,185 Messages
    4,286 Likes Received
    Thats a really good question. Typically i would downplay this idea, but after the backlash this team took for just letting it happen, and even the head coach calling out the o line a little bit it should probably be getting more attention. I'm sure teams are very cautious of having actual bounties anymore, but i guarantee there is some chatter in the locker room about the situation.

Bobhaze likes this.
  11. viman96

viman96 Thread Killer

18,171 Messages
    15,956 Likes Received
    I'd be disappointed if there was not designed run plays and slants to specifically single him out so the OL, TEs, and WRs can put some hits on him. Of course I'm old school.

12. phildadon86

phildadon86 Well-Known Member

11,923 Messages
    16,360 Likes Received
    Such a joke he won this fight lol.

13. Plankton

Plankton Well-Known Member

9,737 Messages
    12,793 Likes Received
  14. catiii

catiii Well-Known Member

2,454 Messages
    3,583 Likes Received
    Absolutely!!!!!!!!
    I'd hit him head on with a legal hit, given the chance, with a combined closing speed of 30mph so they hear the crash in the press box. If I accidentally got a penalty, as they say in hockey, "well worth it." :eek: <----big meanie :grin:
    "We're gonna bloody their nose. Then they'll get back up. Then we're gonna' do it again. Then we're gonna' hit em in the mouth. We're gonna make em bleed." Paraphrase of Keith Brooking :D

JoeKing and Bobhaze like this.
  15. Bobhaze

Bobhaze Moderator

7,942 Messages
    24,761 Likes Received
    Yeah, I’m not for any kind of cheap shots- ever. But I’m all for making sure he’s wearing ice packs from head to toe after the game from all the legal hits he took all day. Might call for a trap block featuring Zack Martin with a legal blow up block.

16. Hawkeye19

Hawkeye19 Well-Known Member

3,869 Messages
    9,941 Likes Received
  17. Bobhaze

Bobhaze Moderator

7,942 Messages
    24,761 Likes Received
    Like to see a Zack Martin pull with this result.

maryquality, catiii and Plankton like this.
  18. dcstar

dcstar Well-Known Member

384 Messages
    655 Likes Received
    Call him a meanie.

Go Cowboys!

BooBooBear, catiii and Bobhaze like this.
  19. catiii

catiii Well-Known Member

2,454 Messages
    3,583 Likes Received
    :lmao2:Almost spewed my coffee all over the keyboard LOLOLOLOL

Cover 2, Beaker42 and Hawkeye19 like this.
  20. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

24,659 Messages
    17,613 Likes Received
    Hopefully, the players are focused on something more important. The best payback would be defeating Washington. Then, after the game, if they want to rub it in his face, I'm all for it.

Bobhaze likes this.