How special was Blands record breaking pick 6 to you?

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
To me it was one of the first times in a long time I was overly excited and going crazy. Probably since Emmitts record breaker but even that was about when not if. It was awesome, one of the best moments in Cowboys history. To think this is who we got from the Amari Cooper trade is actually crazy. Bland wasn't even a ranked CB by NFL.com. When McClay is allowed to do his thing and not have to reach for a position he is amazing. Next draft I put McClay, his scouts and a guy to man the phones and I lock the war room. Seriously though what a find, what a player, what a record that I don't see having a chance to ever be broken let alone tied. Just an awesome moment.

Man, love Romo and he's right Nantz made a hell of a call on the play. Amazing, just amazing all around.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl...n-bland-interception/85403c444bb72492b12e570a

Last edited:

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Jim Nantz did a good job being ready for it. Wasn’t really thinking about it, not like the Emmitt rushing record where you knew it was going to happen.

So because he called it so quickly, I instantly knew what was happening, and it also went great with it being such a long run.

I didn’t think he was going to make it. Just one of those moments when the broadcaster made it more exciting. Props to him.

The cameramen did a great job too showing Dan Quinn‘s reaction just as it happened. Should be in a broadcasting 101 course. LOL. Team was ready for it.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jim Nantz did a good job being ready for it. Wasn’t really thinking about it, not like the Emmitt rushing record where you knew it was going to happen.

So because he called it so quickly, I instantly knew what was happening, and it also went great with it being such a long run.

I didn’t think he was going to make it. Just one of those moments when the broadcaster made it more exciting. Props to him.

The cameramen did a great job too showing Dan Quinn‘s reaction just as it happened. Should be in a broadcasting 101 course. LOL. Team was ready for it.
Yeah Nantz did a good job but then Romo ruined it gushing over his call.

Romo is a terrible commentator.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Yeah Nantz did a good job but then Romo ruined it gushing over his call.

Romo is a terrible commentator.
Yeah, I get what your saying....he couldve said that line a little later but it was an amazing call.

Kellsbells

Reaction score
Any time something that can be done that has NEVER been done by any of the greats that have played the game before, it is remarkable. I was rooting for it to happen the entire game, just as I was rooting for CeeDee to get 10 catches and 150 yards for the third game in a row when he broke that record. It adds a little extra to the game when you are rooting for something more than just a win. I thought he would be tackled by the 2 guys. I was going nuts when he somehow got past them. I’ve watched the replay probably 200 times.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
To me it was one of the first times in a long time I was overly excited and going crazy. Probably since Emmitts record breaker but even that was about when not if. It was awesome, one of the best moments in Cowboys history. To think this is who we got from the Amari Cooper trade is actually crazy. Bland wasn't even a ranked CB by NFL.com. When McClay is allowed to do his thing and not have to reach for a position he is amazing. Next draft I put McClay, his scouts and a guy to man the phones and I lock the war room. Seriously though what a find, what a player, what a record that I don't see having a chance to ever be broken let alone tied. Just an awesome moment.

Man, love Romo and he's right Nantz made a hell of a call on the play. Amazing, just amazing all around.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl...n-bland-interception/85403c444bb72492b12e570a

It was fantastic! I absolutely enjoyed it. That might've been the loudest I got during the game, which is saying something for me lol.

Kwyn

Reaction score
I was and still am pretty fired up about it.

It’s such a massively impactful type of play even in a single situation, like in NY yesterday.

To have a super nice guy on our team get the record feels great!

OGSixshooter

Reaction score

Nantz mentioned that we might see it before the game. It was almost inevitable given our pass rush and Sam Howell’s propensity to throw INTs.
But what made it almost miraculously INCREDIBLE was the run back. By rights, they had angles on him and he should have been tackled. It was is if the football gods - THANK YOU JIMMY - would not allow him to be denied.

I don’t believe in superstitious nonsense for one second…but I’ll readily admit there are things that can’t be explained, just accepted. This “timely” pick 6 is one of them. As an earlier poster said…it’s a once-in-a-lifetime thing.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I was and still am pretty fired up about it.

It’s such a massively impactful type of play even in a single situation, like in NY yesterday.

To have a super nice guy on our team get the record feels great!

And the crazy thing is, he might not be done yet with it in the regular season. For one thing, we have 3 home games remaining, plus we have Washington later again, and we have Buffalo. With the way Josh Allen has thrown the ball this season, Bland might get him on one.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
To me? Not at all lol. For him? Awesome and I'm really happy for the guy.

I guess I know what the OP meant but it was asked in a weird way.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I had goosebumps for the first time since like 25 plus years ago. I knew he was gonna somehow find a way to get that ball in the endzone. We just witnessed something I feel will never happen again in the NFL. What was better, the kid is classy,well mannered and humble. He never gambles and he just reads the play and his elite instincts take over. Very high FB IQ.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
THOUGHTS: Did Washington HELP HIM GET IN THE END ZONE? Doesn't seem like there was much effort, #8 I think it was came running towards him, and SOMEHOW got tangled up with his own player. IN a meaningful situation, he makes that tackle!!!!!!!

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
THOUGHTS: Did Washington HELP HIM GET IN THE END ZONE? Doesn't seem like there was much effort, #8 I think it was came running towards him, and SOMEHOW got tangled up with his own player. IN a meaningful situation, he makes that tackle!!!!!!!
No. Washington’s DBs are just that bad. :laugh:

Team had given up at that point.