How the NFL used to award the 1st pick in the draft

Hardline

Reaction score
The NFL should be like college recruiting.
Let's teams make their sales pitch to the players and let them decide who they want to play for.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Let's teams make their sales pitch to the players and let them decide who they want to play for.
That would be unfair. Dallas would be a dynasty again. They've talked about doing a drawing for the top 5. That would be cool if they did.

cowboyec

Reaction score
award the #1 pick to the super bowl champ.
to the victor go the spoils.
worst team picks last.
reward success...not failure.
and bring back the helmet phones.

Jfconrow

Reaction score
award the #1 pick to the super bowl champ, to the victor go the spoils.
reward success...not failure.

I don’t mind that, maybe the second round. It’s just unfair to small market teams. The good teams already have an advantage signing FAs and UDFAs.

What about rearranging the divisions based on records so your division is different every year.

cowboyec

Reaction score
I don’t mind that, maybe the second round. It’s just unfair to small market teams. The good teams already have an advantage signing FAs and UDFAs.

What about rearranging the divisions based on records so your division is different every year.
im too much of a traditionalist for that.
i'd love to go back to 3 divisions.
east.
central.
west.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Not sure I would go full college recruiting style as you would probably end up with a similar situation to College football now with the same teams making championships over and over. That said however, I have always been intrigued by an auction type of system. That could bring total chaos to draft day and help against tanking.