How to watch games on Sling/Apps

John813

Reaction score
Hey all,

First year not having traditional Cable/Direct TV.
What are my options for viewing the Cowboys from Florida? Legally anyways in here. Know about Reddit

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
I found an app on Android that has been money so far. It's called NFL Live Streaming. When I get time I will throw up a screenshot of the app.

Listen to this man!!! There are just TWO negatives of this app: 1. Ads but after you close it, it stays closed & 2. There are times when a stream dies. It's rare but does happen. Though when it does, a new stream is quickly added. I may have missed 3 plays from a stream that dies. Can't complain about that when this app is FREE!

morasp

Reaction score
I just don't see the local channels for games. I did sign up for Fox Sports go and the CBS app, so I'll see how that goes week 1.

You should be able to get the local networks with an HD antenna. They aren't too expensive and have great PQ with less video compression than cable or satellite.

yimyammer

Reaction score
I use sling tv.

how do you like it?

AT&T has ruined Directv and I've got to dump them asap, I've been out of service since August, had 3 techs come to my house, 20 hours on the phone, plus 4 missed appointments after sitting around waiting all day. If I had to actually deal with a human being in person, you might be reading about a murder I just committed, I'm in such a rage from dealing with them, I'm concerned about my health. (and if you're wondering why I put up with this nonsense, its because my mom lives with me, is hard of hearing and really likes it when its working which I do too but I would cancel on principle at this point, its astonishing this company exists with the level of ineptitude I've experienced)

Anyway, /rant

The DVR experience, skipping commercials and the guide that has all the shows in an easy to find/watch/record format is what I like. Mainly the DVR so I can skip commercials, pause and rewind. Watching some stuff online, I see I cant skip commercials and thats enough to cause me to quit watching. I have watched sports events from hosted links online but those suck because you cant pause, rewind, FF

Has anyone found a good alternative to Directv's DVR and programming?

John813

Reaction score
Local Antenna didn't work, even with a 50 mile radius.
Dumped sling for FuboTV and get fox on there.
Got to love no contracts with streaming lol.

kristie

Reaction score
how do you like it?

AT&T has ruined Directv and I've got to dump them asap, I've been out of service since August, had 3 techs come to my house, 20 hours on the phone, plus 4 missed appointments after sitting around waiting all day. If I had to actually deal with a human being in person, you might be reading about a murder I just committed, I'm in such a rage from dealing with them, I'm concerned about my health. (and if you're wondering why I put up with this nonsense, its because my mom lives with me, is hard of hearing and really likes it when its working which I do too but I would cancel on principle at this point, its astonishing this company exists with the level of ineptitude I've experienced)

Anyway, /rant

The DVR experience, skipping commercials and the guide that has all the shows in an easy to find/watch/record format is what I like. Mainly the DVR so I can skip commercials, pause and rewind. Watching some stuff online, I see I cant skip commercials and thats enough to cause me to quit watching. I have watched sports events from hosted links online but those suck because you cant pause, rewind, FF

Has anyone found a good alternative to Directv's DVR and programming?

I like sling TV a lot. it has good channel options depending on the subscription you choose, & it's very affordable. much more affordable then cable. however, I don't have the DVR option because for me personally, it isn't necessary.