How to win in this league

Blackspider214

Reaction score
If you don't include firing an incompetent HC the rest of what you say won't work.

Mike McCarthy is a terrible coach and has won a Super Bowl and 2 other NFC title game appearances. But you need the pieces in place. I agree Garrett is god awful but this defense is so flawed. We have zero DTs or safeties who make any impact. It's all bargain bin junk. It's why we are gashed over and over in the playoffs when it matters. No pressure at all in the middle and terrible back end play. Recipe for disaster. Not to mention our DBs make zero plays on the ball.

This defense had a good stretch for a portion of the season but was exposed at the last quarter and then by the Rams. Still so many holes.

kskboys

Reaction score
I don't know the ins and out of how we use our dt's, but what are we lacking?

Considering what you want from them as a group, on a scale from 1 to 10, where is the dt position at?

Is there any player that the cowboys could have gotten in free agency or that is within their reach in the draft, that would get them near 10?
Yes. Snacks, Poe, Logan, Mebane, all were FA's and weren't all that expensive.

Draft? Quite a few. We don't look at them. I was a big fan of Mike Daniels before the draft, and he was a 4th rounder. Same w/ Geno Atkins in the 5th.

Where is the DT position at. Let's see, maybe a 6.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Is it really so hard to understand it all starts in the middle. Your Center, your defensive tackle, middle linebacker, strong safety, oh yeah quarterback LOL obviously this franchise doesn't understand the importance of a defensive tackle. You can't get pressure up the middle you can't win in this league.
I beg to differ. Dallas has been there, done that. Bottom line, nothing matters when a team doesn't have a decent HC.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Yes. Snacks, Poe, Logan, Mebane, all were FA's and weren't all that expensive.

Draft? Quite a few. We don't look at them. I was a big fan of Mike Daniels before the draft, and he was a 4th rounder. Same w/ Geno Atkins in the 5th.

Where is the DT position at. Let's see, maybe a 6.

If I remember right, when Frederick was healthy, Poe gave him trouble. That would have made for a good training camp battle.

visionary

Reaction score
Is it really so hard to understand it all starts in the middle. Your Center, your defensive tackle, middle linebacker, strong safety, oh yeah quarterback LOL obviously this franchise doesn't understand the importance of a defensive tackle. You can't get pressure up the middle you can't win in this league.

Well, CZ homers have told for years that it's luck, pure luck