How Tom Brady is like Muhammad Ali

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The greatest boxer of all time has to be Muhammad Ali. The self proclaimed “greatest” was the absolute GOAT in boxing. I won’t waste time here discussing his resume. But sadly, Ali continued to box long after his great left jab had left him. At the end of his career he was the saddest thing to watch in boxing.

Tom Brady with his 6 SB rings and innumerable playoff wins and other impressive records has to be the GOAT at QB. Like Ali, he’s earned incredible respect. He’s the best to ever play QB. But he’s almost 43.

And sadly like Muhammad Ali, Tom Brady doesn’t know when it’s over. He’s the GOAT but he’s no longer “the greatest” QB currently playing. Brady can add his name to the many great athletes over the years who don’t know when their greatness has ended. Like Michael Jordan, who played into his 40s. Like Johnny Unitas and Joe Namath who ended their HOF careers in cringe worthy fashion.

Brady should wise up and just retire. Few athletes are as wise as Jim Brown, Barry Sanders or Megatron. All great and all went out at their peak. All the Tom Brady to Dallas talk IMO is a sad joke. The future of the Dallas Cowboys should not be vested in the formerly great but now noodle armed Tom Brady. All this talk is nothing more than negotiating fodder for Dak and Brady.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Should be interesting to see how Brady does next year compared to the Cowboys and Dak.

Daks young and he’s already bottling seasons with a very talented roster.

John813

Reaction score
Be weird to see him outside of a Pats uniform. I think he's just doing this to get a feel of courting/FA and a message to the Pats that he needs more help outside of a small receiver that jumps on Mercedes.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Be weird to see him outside of a Pats uniform. I think he's just doing this to get a feel of courting/FA and a message to the Pats that he needs more help outside of a small receiver that jumps on Mercedes.
I wouldn’t be shocked if no one signs him.

John813

Reaction score
I wouldn’t be shocked if no one signs him.

I would. Although I assume his list of teams he would consider is small.

If that Tennesse house shopping rumor had legs I could of seen him thinking about the Titans.

Great run game, line is very good, talent on the outside is young but decent. Good defense and knows the HC well.

While his arm is 42 years old, I would take him over Tannehill for a short term stretch.

Think he re-signs in NE and they draft a guy high. Maybe a faller like Fromm

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
The greatest boxer of all time has to be Muhammad Ali. The self proclaimed “greatest” was the absolute GOAT in boxing. I won’t waste time here discussing his resume. But sadly, Ali continued to box long after his great left jab had left him. At the end of his career he was the saddest thing to watch in boxing.

Tom Brady with his 6 SB rings and innumerable playoff wins and other impressive records has to be the GOAT at QB. Like Ali, he’s earned incredible respect. He’s the best to ever play QB. But he’s almost 43.

And sadly like Muhammad Ali, Tom Brady doesn’t know when it’s over. He’s the GOAT but he’s no longer “the greatest” QB currently playing. Brady can add his name to the many great athletes over the years who don’t know when their greatness has ended. Like Michael Jordan, who played into his 40s. Like Johnny Unitas and Joe Namath who ended their HOF careers in cringe worthy fashion.

Brady should wise up and just retire. Few athletes are as wise as Jim Brown, Barry Sanders or Megatron. All great and all went out at their peak. All the Tom Brady to Dallas talk IMO is a sad joke. The future of the Dallas Cowboys should not be vested in the formerly great but now noodle armed Tom Brady. All this talk is nothing more than negotiating fodder for Dak and Brady.

Sounds like you're old enough to remember Namath hobbling around in a Rams uniform. It was totally sad. He hung on too long, and that's what Brady's doing now.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
He is nothing like Ali. Muhammad Ali transcended sports and is one of the most important icons of equality in American history. Tom Brady is a capitalist.

There are 500 other athletes who have held on too long. Comparing the two is an insult to Ali.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He is nothing like Ali. Muhammad Ali transcended sports and is one of the most important icons of equality in American history. Tom Brady is a capitalist.

There are 500 other athletes who have held on too long. Comparing the two is an insult to Ali.
I certainly agree that Ali had a much bigger impact on sports and the world than Brady. Come on man, No disrespect intended for Ali. Just saying Ali boxed too long and if Brady keeps playing he will be playing too long.

cowboygo

Reaction score
Should be interesting to see how Brady does next year compared to the Cowboys and Dak.

Daks young and he’s already bottling seasons with a very talented roster.
Would a 2018 Dak led Patriots beat a 2018 Dak led Cowboys? The answer to the question says a lot about what talent really is, and what coaching is as well.

eromeopolk

Reaction score

This comparison is totally absurd.

Tom Brady never represented his country vs. the world when his country did not consider him a full citizen and won Olympic Gold for his country. Tom Brady never went one on one and defeated the scariest puncher in boxing becoming the youngest heavyweight boxing champion. Tom Brady never stood on moral and religious principles of right to call an unjust war unjust. Tom Brady (who actually cheated) never had his title, livelihood, and status stripped because he stood against unjust power. Tom Brady did not have the prime of his athletic career taken away unjustly as a conscientious objector to war. Tom Brady never had to overcome losing what was call the "fight of the century" and still have the fortitude to continue to win and lose, win and lose, and win and lose proving he was what he said..."The Greatest of All Time".

Tom Brady never took the time out of his schedule to talked a man from off the ledge of a building keeping him from committing suicide. Tom Brady never showed the resolution to change when he was wrong to change to what was right and then promote that change. Tom Brady never went to a dictator and negotiated the release of American hostages. Tom Brady has not been world recognized as the Greatest of All time as an athlete, leader, humanitarian, symbol for peace, truth, and righteousness in every country of the world.

Therefore, I see absolutely no comparison between Tom Brady and Muhammad Ali. Therefore, there is no need for a discussion of who and for whom the term G.O.A.T was originated and used.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This comparison is totally absurd.

Tom Brady never represented his country vs. the world when his country did not consider him a full citizen and won Olympic Gold for his country. Tom Brady never went one on one and defeated the scariest puncher in boxing becoming the youngest heavyweight boxing champion. Tom Brady never stood on moral and religious principles of right to call an unjust war unjust. Tom Brady (who actually cheated) never had his title, livelihood, and status stripped because he stood against unjust power. Tom Brady did not have the prime of his athletic career taken away unjustly as a conscientious objector to war. Tom Brady never had to overcome losing what was call the "fight of the century" and still have the fortitude to continue to win and lose, win and lose, and win and lose proving he was what he said..."The Greatest of All Time".

Tom Brady never took the time out of his schedule to talked a man from off the ledge of a building keeping him from committing suicide. Tom Brady never showed the resolution to change when he was wrong to change to what was right and then promote that change. Tom Brady never went to a dictator and negotiated the release of American hostages. Tom Brady has not been world recognized as the Greatest of All time as an athlete, leader, humanitarian, symbol for peace, truth, and righteousness in every country of the world.

Therefore, I see absolutely no comparison between Tom Brady and Muhammad Ali. Therefore, there is no need for a discussion of who and for whom the term G.O.A.T was originated and used.
You are reading way too much into this. The OP was only making the comparison of a great athlete hanging on too long.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score

I don't think he insulted Muhammad Ali. He was only talking about hanging on too long and was not comparing how big an impact he had on the sport. For that, it would make more sense to compare Ali to maybe Johnny Unitas or Roger Staubach, or maybe Otto Graham. Ali was a trailblazer for sure, but it doesn't mean he didn't hang on too long.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I certainly agree that Ali had a much bigger impact on sports and the world than Brady. Come on man, No disrespect intended for Ali. Just saying Ali boxed too long and if Brady keeps playing he will be playing too long.
Yea lol. That's fair. I worded that poorly probably.

I just meant that they aren't the same class of athlete so I don't love the comparison, even though I get your point.

kskboys

Reaction score

I have one problem w/ what you said. Brady is not the hands down goat. He is tied w/ Montana, Graham, Starr, and Unitas. No way to compare, no way to put one ahead of the others.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have one problem w/ what you said. Brady is not the hands down goat. He is tied w/ Montana, Graham, Starr, and Unitas. No way to compare, no way to put one ahead of the others.
Don’t disagree. I feel like judging QBs will always be subjective. My tip of the cap to Brady is more because of his ability to play best in the biggest of games. But the guys you mentioned are certainly in that discussion too.

kskboys

Reaction score
Don’t disagree. I feel like judging QBs will always be subjective. My tip of the cap to Brady is more because of his ability to play best in the biggest of games. But the guys you mentioned are certainly in that discussion too.
Otto Graham won 7 championships. Starr also won 6 or 7, several before it was called the super bowl.

Montana played better than Brady did in big games, and would've lasted much longer if he hadn't been in the league when defenders beat up the QB regularly.

Brady is tied for GOAT w/ 4 other guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DFWJC

Reaction score

Brady is probably more comparable to Michael Jordan, though not exactly, obviously.
Team sport,
6 titles with the same team, one of if the best ever to play his sport