How would you behave differently than other NFL players if you were one?

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Suppose you suddenly had the abilities of a Randy Moss or Tom Brady, and were promoted to starter on the Cowboys (or any other team). Since you have not been steeped in NFL culture, would you behave differently than most players, and if so, how?

Would you be willing to accept a much lower pay than others (for the sake of maximizing salary cap space?)

Would you showboat and dance a lot less than the other players (or, maybe, celebrate even more?)

Would you maintain a much lower public profile, buy much less gaudy stuff?

Would you call out the sports media on their BS, much more aggressively than others?
I would not celebrate every touchdown like I won the super bowl

JBS

Reaction score
I probably wouldn't act any differently

Coke and pizza - yeah, I'd be just like OBJ

cowboyec

Reaction score
if i were an olineman or dlineman...i'd hope to be down home...punch in/punch out/lunch bucket kinda guy.

if i were a QB...i'd wanna be Dandy Don.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Suppose you suddenly had the abilities of a Randy Moss or Tom Brady, and were promoted to starter on the Cowboys (or any other team). Since you have not been steeped in NFL culture, would you behave differently than most players, and if so, how?

Would you be willing to accept a much lower pay than others (for the sake of maximizing salary cap space?)

Would you showboat and dance a lot less than the other players (or, maybe, celebrate even more?)

Would you call out the sports media on their BS, much more aggressively than others?
First thing I would do is tell all of you to Suck It!!!!! Then, I would act all humble!!!!

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

For me it’s about example, integrity.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I believe in culture of the locker room. I don’t think you win a championship without it. Definitely lead by example. That doesn’t mean you can’t party. It just means we are on the field produce. Whether it’s practice or not

MarcusRock

Reaction score
My press conferences would be legendary.

giphy.gif

Flamma

Reaction score
Unless you played in the NFL you likely wouldn't have been allowed to spike the ball without a penalty.

You're absolutely right. You weren't allowed in high school. But even in the 1000 sandlot games I played I didn't spike it either.

Redline360

Reaction score
1) Yes, I would without a doubt take less money to make the team better. I've actually turned down a better paying job to stay where I'm at cause I love what I do. If I took a good deal to start with i would be willing to restructure around the cap to some degree.

2) Scoring or passing for a touchdown sure a little celebration is needed. Hate hate hate those who celebrate picking up a measly first down when you're down by 2 scores. Same goes for defenders who celebrate like they did **** when the ball was thrown behind a reciever.

3) I barely use facebook. Don't have twitter or etc. Give me one of those huge cabin houses on a lake and a fishing boat so I can charter

4) Unless it was some major BS I wouldn't care. Most of its garbage reporting to boost shares or views

I would probably need a warehouse for all the cars ide buy and fishing crap lol

Jeffkills

Reaction score
I'd avoid acting like this:

If I were Zeke, I'd stop acting like a fool on Twitter talking about respect...

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

I would care only about winning. Pay would matter to a point, but that's it.

I definitely wouldn't be insecure about "getting respect" like some are.

My parents were educated and had class so I definitely wouldn't be running around with gaudy stuff like some of these punks. Definitely wouldn't show boat or do some classless dance.
Though I could see myself hanging out with Gronk a lot. :flagwave::flagwave::yourock:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
This is foolishness and here's why I think so. There are people that have been heard to have said that they wouldn't change if they won the lottery. They would continue to work because that is how they were raised and wouldn't buy gaudy things or spend lavishly but when those type of people actually did win the lottery they did everything that they said they wouldn't do. That is what sudden wealth does to most people. I'd like to think that I would maybe buy a new car and house, nothing real lavish and keep enough money to pay my bills and maybe take a vacation once a year for a week or two and use whatever money that is left over on helping family members and relatives making their lives better.

You can tell new money most of the time.

Nothing wrong with buying nice things. Its the class that separates people. Some think having money makes you classy. It doesn't. Lots of very rich people that have ZERO class or respect for others.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Too many players on the team for any particular player to make much of a difference to the overall cap. You could try to get the top players to jointly take a discount to improve the cap, but even that doesn't make a big difference.

But in terms of a Cowboy contract, I would calculate the *full* net benefits of a contract with the Cowboys, including marketing, future job/business opportunities, and lack of state income tax. Jerry brings a lot to the table that most other franchises just can't match.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score

I'd behave no differently than I otherwise would.
I will always be @Corso

Red Dragon

Reaction score
Too many players on the team for any particular player to make much of a difference to the overall cap.

Uh, what? It is possible for one player alone to have enormous impact on the salary cap, if he's a star player.

If a quarterback who had the skills of Brady agreed to take a salary of only $5 million per year, as opposed to $35 million a year, that would free up 30 million dollars per year under the cap. That is an enormous amount of cap space.

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
I wouldn't laugh or smile after a bad play happens. They don't all do that, but you can tell for many this is a paycheck and not about pride. I'm very hard on myself when I make a mistake