How would you behave differently than other NFL players if you were one?

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I have always been intrigued by the "lunch pail" guys - the ones that are not flashy and just simply do their jobs. That said, I would hope:

Invest for the long term.

Become a spokesperson for a really premium Bourbon or Tequila.. something like the "Worlds Most Interesting Man".

Never wear my baseball hat backwards, never go to Cabo and never get photographed with a stripper.

Develop an epically bad endzone dance, reminiscent of the Ickey Woods Shuffle.

Make the occasional YouTube video impersonating my fellow team mates... Think Joe Looney's Zeke impersonation.

Honor my contract... Ok, had to have one semi- serious remark.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I like this. You are trilingual? I enjoyed watching Kobe Bryant doing an interview in Italian; he was fluent in it. I like seeing any American celebrities who are fluent in a non-English language.

Yes, only three languages so far for me, but I have plans to learn a fourth.

ColoradoCowboy

Reaction score
I'm 55, so my thoughts on the matter are moot. But I REMEMBER being 22. At 22, I would absolutely behave in exactly the same way that we are always hearing about.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
I have always been intrigued by the "lunch pail" guys - the ones that are not flashy and just simply do their jobs. That said, I would hope:

Invest for the long term.

Become a spokesperson for a really premium Bourbon or Tequila.. something like the "Worlds Most Interesting Man".

Never wear my baseball hat backwards, never go to Cabo and never get photographed with a stripper.

Develop an epically bad endzone dance, reminiscent of the Ickey Woods Shuffle.

Make the occasional YouTube video impersonating my fellow team mates... Think Joe Looney's Zeke impersonation.

Honor my contract... Ok, had to have one semi- serious remark.

Yep, the lunch pail guys are my favorites.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Suppose you suddenly had the abilities of a Randy Moss or Tom Brady, and were promoted to starter on the Cowboys (or any other team). Since you have not been steeped in NFL culture, would you behave differently than most players, and if so, how?

Would you be willing to accept a much lower pay than others (for the sake of maximizing salary cap space?)

Would you showboat and dance a lot less than the other players (or, maybe, celebrate even more?)

Would you maintain a much lower public profile, buy much less gaudy stuff?

Would you call out the sports media on their BS, much more aggressively than others?

I would wear a Back the Blue emblem.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I would care only about winning. Pay would matter to a point, but that's it.

I definitely wouldn't be insecure about "getting respect" like some are.

My parents were educated and had class so I definitely wouldn't be running around with gaudy stuff like some of these punks. Definitely wouldn't show boat or do some classless dance.
Though I could see myself hanging out with Gronk a lot. :flagwave::flagwave::yourock:

Yes, because when I think class; I picture Gronk.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I am willing to make less to be in an organization I like that is also competing to win championships.

CWR

Reaction score
Im glad you asked. I've thought about this for years.

On home games my TD celebration would consist of me spinning the ball in the end zone and then booting it out into the stands, like a kick off.

On the road I would go with several simple pelvic thrust towards the home bench and their rotten fans.

My off the field rep would be similar to that of Wilt Chamberlain for certain activities.

khiladi

Reaction score
It’s hard to answer when your suddenly dealing with fame.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I would live modestly and invest most of my money because I would know at some point my career will be over. You never know what can happen, maybe you suffer a really nasty injury or maybe you get a disease like Frederick that robs you off your strength and conditioning, or maybe you get cut because the team wants to go with a younger and cheaper player. You never know what can happen from day to day.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
Good responses thus far. What about your social media? What would you be posting on your Facebook, Twitter, etc.?