How would you feel about Dallas passing on the wide receiver position entirely in the draft?

Verdict

Reaction score
How would you feel about Dallas passing on the wide receiver position entirely in the draft. I don't think they will, buyback a I also think we are in good enough shape that we don't need to be compelled to draft a receiver at all.

TruBluSince1982

Reaction score
I would say you are banking heavely on Dak turning into Rodgers this off-season, or banking on this defense being a legit top 3 unit without the ball control aspect.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They will draft a WR. Hopefully not in round 1 because I honestly don’t think this WR talent pool has any receiver that is a “can’t miss” so called “#1 receiver”.

To clarify, I think Ridley and Sutton are both going to be a solid NFL receivers. All Pro? No, don’t think so. Then with the second round type guys- DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Anthony Miller, J. Washington, etc...they are all better guys for day 2 and although probably not true #1 types (which is overrated anyway), they have much better value in the draft.

I’m hoping the Cowboys select a player in round one that truly has first round value. And there are several that can bring immediate impact, especially on defense.

We can get a good WR on days 2 and 3. Please Jerry...no first round WR.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
They will draft a wideout. It’s just when do they. I love a lot of prospects. I’d like lb or ol day one but lb is deep this draft can wait on that. Skai Moore could be a guy in round 3 let’s say. I think after this dez situation it’s become wr is a huge need and hard to tell what will happen

Reaction score
How would you feel about Dallas passing on the wide receiver position entirely in the draft. I don't think they will, buyback a I also think we are in good enough shape that we don't need to be compelled to draft a receiver at all.

They have serious needs at multiple position groups so it's possible that at least one of those groups will get left out of the draft. I fully expect them to get some help at WR though, another failed season for Dak would be their worst fears realized..

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I would be fine with not drafting a receiver. I think the 2 FA receivers we picked up will more than make up for Dez’s production last year. I believe Dak will be much more proficient passing to Hurns than he was with Dez. I think the receivers we already have, have a good chance of being better this year, especially if the stupid coaches, improve their passing game plans(not so predictable with their pass patterns). I also don’t want a receiver drafted so we focus on drafting a LB or 2, a 1 technique and a OG in the first 4 rounds.

crazyeddie

Reaction score
They will draft a WR. Hopefully not in round 1 because I honestly don’t think this WR talent pool has any receiver that is a “can’t miss” so called “#1 receiver”.

To clarify, I think Ridley and Sutton are both going to be a solid NFL receivers. All Pro? No, don’t think so. Then with the second round type guys- DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Anthony Miller, J. Washington, etc...they are all better guys for day 2 and although probably not true #1 types (which is overrated anyway), they have much better value in the draft.

I’m hoping the Cowboys select a player in round one that truly has first round value. And there are several that can bring immediate impact, especially on defense.

We can get a good WR on days 2 and 3. Please Jerry...no first round WR.
I agree Bob,

I look for a WR in day 2,Hopefully we grab a defensive play maker at 19.Lord knows there will be a good bit of talented D players left.

RS12

Reaction score
With amount of WRs they have scouted leading up to the draft I am certain they will draft one. I dont believe it will be at 19. Watch the Ok St WRs in rounds 2-4. They have spent a lot of time with them in particular. Team desperately needs front 7 help and has one giant hole on the OL right now.

J32969

Reaction score
I would be great with that. Maybe a late round flyer. We need a guard or tackle, a couple of linebackers, safety and defensive lineman.
If we solidify the line and run ballcontrol offense and throw to receivers that will actually run a route, the Cowboys will be tough to beat. One piece on offense and the rest on defense is the way i see we get the most bang for our buck.

J3

CowboyChris

Reaction score
your drunk and you need to go to bed

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Don't know that it needs to be a first rounder nessessarily, but yes, I think they should.

PUSHfold

Reaction score
I'd be perfectly fine with a couple late rounders to develop but I want LG/LB/DT/S early.