How would you feel if the Cowboys took QB Jalen Hurts early?

marius

Reaction score
my offseason plan, Negotiate with Dak to transfer him to get a first-round pick, hire Cam Newton or James Winston for a year (cowboys have new system), draft Jalen Hurts, use the first two rounds picks to try and draft CJ Henderson / Trevon Diggs and Xavier McKinney, use the free money to sign a player like Everson Griffen to a 2 year deal (and be ready to pay Aldon Smith, if he gets up again and be dominant.), and we are ready to rumble.

marius

Reaction score
Hurts is not a big time NFL prospect. Accuracy is very suspect and I question any QB coming out of Oklahoma. Big 12 plays zero defense and Lincoln Riley plays sandlot offense. Plenty more guys other than him if Dallas is looking at a top half of the draft QB.

the same thought that when Dak was selected in the 4th round, nobody gave anything for him,

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You say that because you are incapable of thinking outside the four walls of the way you operate. But there are others like me that are willing to give the people in charge the benefit of a doubt that they know what they are doing.

In your head. You act like cognitive bias and other typical functions do not apply;y to you. How bold.

You also act like you know me.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I just told my friend on video-call, You are so gnorw on this one!

He paused for several seconds and then said "What?".

LOL!
With my truncated comments..

You have to take it slow..

read it twice..

grin once or spit once..

then move on.

Your friend probably thinks his spell checker blew up.

:lmao:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
the same thought that when Dak was selected in the 4th round, nobody gave anything for him,
It is really strange.

By accident, we discovered Dak.

By design, we drafted Zeke.

By blind luck we already had an OL built for Romo which Dak played behind.

the owner just loves offense and will spend any amount on a player on offense he simply must have.

Dak is now about to be made for life as a result.

He now wants MORE and will possibly hold out for it.

On the other hand, we could just close theDak file as a poor investment..

draft another better QB and move on.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
With my truncated comments..

You have to take it slow..

read it twice..

grin once or spit once..

then move on.

Your friend probably thinks his spell checker blew up.

:lmao:
It was audio, over video!
He looked right at me like... you're being Corso again, aren't you?

So, I stole it from you and it was AWESOME.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
It was audio, over video!
He looked right at me like... you're being Corso again, aren't you?

So, I stole it from you and it was AWESOME.
Well..

This is a bit spooky.

While we are posting this...I have been watching this program from the History Channel about codes.

Give it a look if it interests you.

I am a little weirded out now.

Hmm..

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Well..

This is a bit spooky.

While we are posting this...I have been watching this program from the History Channel about codes.

Give it a look if it interests you.

I am a little weirded out now.

Hmm..

I would, but pizza is coming and I'm trying to do some transcribing for Zooniverse at the moment.

9of11

Reaction score
Would piss me off to no end... Dont talk to me about his college record...when you play for two of the most power house programs in the county you should have that good of a record...

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Rumors persist...this could be the case...:popcorn:

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2020/04/nfc-notes-slay-eagles-hurts-cowboys-ifedi-bears

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For me personally...It would be a little rich...to spend that kind of coin...2nd or 3rd...but if he was sitting there in round 5 or 6....I could see the value having a guy that could an "X" factor in your offense.

Comments?....:rolleyes:

I swear some of you have never heard of the term gamesmanship. Since there are no face to face interviews like normal and along with that there are limited number of visit allowed for each team but now doing it digitally there are no limits on teams like actual visits. So as some gamesmanship the cowboys did a digital contact with a QB that just may loosen things up with Prescott if he thinks there may be some competition for his job. Every season this same thing is done by teams who are having a problem signing a player and bringing in a possible replacement for a visit but never end up drafting that player. All they are doing is gamesmanship.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
In your head. You act like cognitive bias and other typical functions do not apply;y to you. How bold.

You also act like you know me.
I should not have used the word incapable. But it is true your blanket statement does not apply to everyone and it does not apply to me. I trust the FO and do not insist they do as I want, contrary to what you suggested.