How would you feel if the Cowboys took QB Jalen Hurts early?

Hardline

Reaction score
You say that because you are incapable of thinking outside the four walls of the way you operate. But there are others like me that are willing to give the people in charge the benefit of a doubt that they know what they are doing.
Lol.
A quarter century since their last championship. I give the benefit of the doubt that they don't know what they are doing.

SSoup

Reaction score
good points. Mine was only that nearly all QBs are overdrafted and even a late or mid round grade may go out the window come draft day. Tebow is one of the most glaring examples, but there tons of others....
Tebow reminded me a lot of when Cade McNown came out in the vaunted 1999 QB rookie class. He was considered an easy 1st round prospect. But literally every time I watched him, he was succeeding doing a lot of things that it seemed to me like they weren't going to translate at the NFL level.

Tebow's intangibles and leadership were good feathers for his cap, of course. Honestly, if he'd been a mid- or late-round pick who was viewed as a backup type, he would have had a nice long career (probably including a couple of stints pressed into starting). Something along the lines of Koy Detmer or AJ Feeley with the Eagles, where they were objectively mediocre and not really starter material (though Feeley had his shot after he made the most of a stint when he did well as the backup for an injured McNabb). They both had career passer ratings in the 60's... and yet they both hung around on NFL rosters into their mid-30's.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Great character, bus-driver in the NFL.
We've got one of dem already. Pass.
But our Bus Driver wants a big raise.

Rather save the money and go younger and hungrier now.

At first I thought with Dak we had found the perfect guy.

He had enough talent that if we put a few guys around him, he would get better and win.

What happened is he regressed from 2016 and lost 2 out of the last 3 years and we missed the playoffs.

Now we wants to be paid more than the entire NFL.

It's laughable only our owner seems to think it's the right thing to do.

Jerrah has just gotten too desparate now.

It's a shame for all Dallas fans after going 25 years with losing..

Jerrah is going to kill the fatted goose who made him his money.

Sad.

If Dak gets his crazy huge deal..I am switching to Houston as my main team. I just will not root for Dak after all of this and will not support Jones doing this.

It's going to jack ticket prices way up and bleed the fans to do it.

No can do. Not just to add more money for the Jones.

Drawing the line.

Last edited:

basel90

Reaction score
But our Bus Driver wants a big raise.

Rather save the money and go younger and hungrier now.

At first I thought with Dak we had found the perfect guy.

He had enough talent that if we put a few guys around him, he would get better and win.

What happened is he regressed from 2016 and lost 2 out of the last 3 years and we missed the playoffs.

Now we wants to be paid more than the entire NFL.

It's laughable only our owner seems to think it's the right thing to do.

Jerrah has just gotten too desparate now.

It's a shame for all Dallas fans after going 25 years with losing..

Jerrah is going to kill the fatted goose who made him his money.

Sad.

If Dak gets his crazy huge deal..I am switching to Houston as my main team. I just will not root for Dak after all of this and will not support Jones doing this.

It's going to jack ticket prices way up and bleed the fans to do it.

No can do. Not just to add more money for the Jones.

Drawing the line.
The irony is that our bus driver is demanding a shorter deal ( 4 years ) while Jerry wants to stretch it to 5. How dumb is that . 5 years with a regressing inaccurate expensive dude at QB.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
The irony is that our bus driver is demanding a shorter deal ( 4 years ) while Jerry wants to stretch it to 5. How dumb is that . 5 years with a regressing inaccurate expensive dude at QB.

lol. And Aikman's career 61.5% completion rate in your eyes wasn't inaccurate.

Hadenough

Reaction score
lol. And Aikman's career 61.5% completion rate in your eyes wasn't inaccurate.
You cant compare different eras. Back in Aikmans day you could maul the WRs or make them pay with concussion causing hits for crossing the middle of the field. You could also intimidate the QB with late hits and throwing them into the ground or dive into thier knees. Much tougher football back then.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I swear some of you have never heard of the term gamesmanship. Since there are no face to face interviews like normal and along with that there are limited number of visit allowed for each team but now doing it digitally there are no limits on teams like actual visits. So as some gamesmanship the cowboys did a digital contact with a QB that just may loosen things up with Prescott if he thinks there may be some competition for his job. Every season this same thing is done by teams who are having a problem signing a player and bringing in a possible replacement for a visit but never end up drafting that player. All they are doing is gamesmanship.
Everybody has heard of gamesmanship. The thing is why are you online acting like you’re the only smart one that has heard of it just to defend Dak smh. I will keep saying this if some of y’all are so much smarter y’all should use your better football knowledge in a more productive way than just beating up on us bums that don’t even know what gamesmanship is. We offer no challenge to your supreme football expertise.

lostar2009

Reaction score
Oklahoma QB's are over hyped and trash in the NFL. I'll be okay trying him out for a 4th or 5th. Anything earlier is a no no.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
early pick? no.

Am i intrigued by Hurts? yes.

I don't see how anyone can compare his college career to Dak's and claim he was less accurate. Yes, he was terribly inaccurate early in his career but has improved dramatically since. Can he read defenses? I don't know. He certainly had a far more accomplished college career so i don't see how anyone could think he isn't worth at least as high a pick as Dak.

Swagger

Reaction score
Tebow reminded me a lot of when Cade McNown came out in the vaunted 1999 QB rookie class. He was considered an easy 1st round prospect. But literally every time I watched him, he was succeeding doing a lot of things that it seemed to me like they weren't going to translate at the NFL level.

Tebow's intangibles and leadership were good feathers for his cap, of course. Honestly, if he'd been a mid- or late-round pick who was viewed as a backup type, he would have had a nice long career (probably including a couple of stints pressed into starting). Something along the lines of Koy Detmer or AJ Feeley with the Eagles, where they were objectively mediocre and not really starter material (though Feeley had his shot after he made the most of a stint when he did well as the backup for an injured McNabb). They both had career passer ratings in the 60's... and yet they both hung around on NFL rosters into their mid-30's.

Tebow reminds me of Prescott

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm not in favor of drafting Hurts. I doubt he's a candidate that's any better than what we already have in house as backups. His accuracy is somewhat questionable, as well as the poor decision making. If we get a QB, it should be someone who can potentially challenge Dak or at least overcome Rush and Thorson for a solid #2 backup spot. Settling for a mediocre talent at QB would just end up being a waste of this team's time and resources.

Last edited:

Swagger

Reaction score
Take a flyer on Hurts if still there in the third round.

He has better wheels than Prescott with a similar arm in this offense and $30 million cheaper.

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
Hurts' career will mirror Isaiah Stanback's. Hard pass even in round 11.

marius

Reaction score
It is really strange.

By accident, we discovered Dak.

By design, we drafted Zeke.

By blind luck we already had an OL built for Romo which Dak played behind.

the owner just loves offense and will spend any amount on a player on offense he simply must have.

Dak is now about to be made for life as a result.

He now wants MORE and will possibly hold out for it.

On the other hand, we could just close theDak file as a poor investment..

draft another better QB and move on.

I agree with you,

Prescott's wow factor was the season when he replaced Romo when was injured, Dak showed a great game and being able to lead the team, but in my opinion that was because Romo was in the trenches guiding and helping him, they also had Mark Sanchez who was I saw how I was motivating him and giving him advice, after that season in Dak the wow factor was no longer seen, yes, Dak start to give good numbers that until now have improved, but have not been able to win important games, to give the extra for win a game, as we have seen on several occasions for example with Aaron Rodgers. Dak wants more money before proving if he can do more, that's the problem, The Jones must stop begging a whimsical child.

freemanjc19

Reaction score
In aviation they have IFR/VFR that allows pilots to use as main/back up while navigiating the aircraft. Since thier creation, they have really assited pilots from crashhing and burning. Dallas has lost its main instruments trying to fly this QB contract issue. The way I see it, they are flying blind using Visual Flight Rules in a rainy, foggy jet stream. They had and have no backup plan in place, and I think ultimatley they are going to crash and burn before its all over.