How would you rank Meredith, Staubach, White, Aikman, Romo?

bark

Reaction score
Romo wouldn't of lasted long playing in AIkman's era IMO the rules now have greatly changed the game and I don't believe his body could of taken the hits those QBs took even with his elusiveness. The stats can't be compared due to the different eras and other variables but Aikman was clutch in the playoffs against top competition.

And none of em except roger could have lasted in Meredith's era

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Go and watch Eli's playoff performances. Big deal.

I love Aikman, but you look at what he had compared to Roger, White, Romo... I mean we're talking the NFL's best defense and leading rusher. How hard is it to play quarterback with that?

What you ignore is that Troy didn't always have that team around him. Before he could be great with those teams, he first had to survive the bad and that is where you have to ask yourself, how would the other's have dealt with that? The physical beating Aikman took in those first 3 years or so was brutal. He was a big strong kid and he needed every bit of it to survive those years. It's not as black and white as just, who had the better talent.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Troy is 2 inches taller but Romo weighs 10 pounds more so the Aikman was bigger and tougher argument does not hold water.

Romo played with broken ribs and a hole in his lung and tried to go back in with a broken collar bone.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Troy is 2 inches taller but Romo weighs 10 pounds more so the Aikman was bigger and tougher argument does not hold water.

Romo played with broken ribs and a hole in his lung and tried to go back in with a broken collar bone.

This is not accurate. Troy Aikman, at UCLA, was listed as 6'4" 219 lbs. I've seen Troy Aikman when he was playing and I've seen Romo. They are not the same and the muscle mass that Aikman had as a player was superior. He was bigger guy. I don't know how you can argue against that. It's interesting because Romo was listed at 236 lbs. coming into camp. Weight does not necessarily translate into strength or muscle.

blindzebra

Reaction score
This is not accurate. Troy Aikman, at UCLA, was listed as 6'4" 219 lbs. I've seen Troy Aikman when he was playing and I've seen Romo. They are not the same and the muscle mass that Aikman had as a player was superior. He was bigger guy. I don't know how you can argue against that. It's interesting because Romo was listed at 236 lbs. coming into camp. Weight does not necessarily translate into strength or muscle.

I have seen them too, and muscle mass does not make you tougher. A little body fat actually protects you from hits.

I love how you ingnore the fact that Romo has played with broken ribs, brused ribs, a major hand contusion and was trying to convince them to let him go back in after breaking his collar bone but yeah he is a wuss compared to Troy.:rolleyes:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I have seen them too, and muscle mass does not make you tougher. A little body fat actually protects you from hits.

I love how you ingnore the fact that Romo has played with broken ribs, brused ribs, a major hand contusion and was trying to convince them to let him go back in after breaking his collar bone but yeah he is a wuss compared to Troy.:rolleyes:

This is not just about tougher. It's about the physical ability to stand up to those type of hits. Muscle mass protects you from hits. Fat also provides some protection but not like muscle mass and you also have to consider your ability to simply get back up. The stronger you are, the less chance of injuries, such as breaks or tears.

You need to back the whole, "I know how you ignore" stuff up because I never said one thing about that. Perhaps you are confusing me with another poster. Either way, you are making that up because I never said it.

I think you should continue to roll your eyes back in your head though. Good chance that you might just find your brain that way.

car351

Reaction score
Depends, is my goal to win my fantasy league, or to win a Super Bowl?

Yup, so true, if it's ff criteria then it's hands down gonna be Romo. If it's to win a championship I'd rank 'em in this order.

1. Staubach (The Man)
2. Aikman (better QB than Romo but Romo and he are very close in terms of "pure passers")
3. Romo (somehow, some way I hope he finds gold at the end of his rainbow like Kurt Warner did)
4. Meredith (before my time, I became a fan in '75 but I'll still rank him above White for the reasons mentioned below)
5. White (have no idea how he could not have won at least one with the team that Roger passed down to him. All of the 70's greats in their mid to late 20's and no free agency. Still makes me sick at my stomach.)

blindzebra

Reaction score
This is not just about tougher. It's about the physical ability to stand up to those type of hits. Muscle mass protects you from hits. Fat also provides some protection but not like muscle mass and you also have to consider your ability to simply get back up. The stronger you are, the less chance of injuries, such as breaks or tears.

You need to back the whole, "I know how you ignore" stuff up because I never said one thing about that. Perhaps you are confusing me with another poster. Either way, you are making that up because I never said it.

I think you should continue to roll your eyes back in your head though. Good chance that you might just find your brain that way.

You are the one that keeps spouting about toughness and you only come back with muscle mass. Broken ribs...hole in lung...missed a quarter...came back and won the game.

But by all means your OPINION has to be right.

Section446

Reaction score
Yup, so true, if it's ff criteria then it's hands down gonna be Romo. If it's to win a championship I'd rank 'em in this order.

1. Staubach (The Man)
2. Aikman (better QB than Romo but Romo and he are very close in terms of "pure passers")
3. Romo (somehow, some way I hope he finds gold at the end of his rainbow like Kurt Warner did)
4. Meredith (before my time, I became a fan in '75 but I'll still rank him above White for the reasons mentioned below)
5. White (have no idea how he could not have won at least one with the team that Roger passed down to him. All of the 70's greats in their mid to late 20's and no free agency. Still makes me sick at my stomach.)

I'd probably put White ahead of Romo.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
You are the one that keeps spouting about toughness and you only come back with muscle mass. Broken ribs...hole in lung...missed a quarter...came back and won the game.

My opinion is my own. Nobody said you had to agree with it but I'm absolutely sure that every poster is entitled to have an opinion. Not sure what the problem is here zebra. I've known you since the day you joined this board and I've never been anything but civil to you.

We all have bad days and that's what I'm going to chalk this up to.

visionary

Reaction score
What you ignore is that Troy didn't always have that team around him. Before he could be great with those teams, he first had to survive the bad and that is where you have to ask yourself, how would the other's have dealt with that? The physical beating Aikman took in those first 3 years or so was brutal. He was a big strong kid and he needed every bit of it to survive those years. It's not as black and white as just, who had the better talent.

It also ignores the rule changes, ignores how much aikman's accuracy had to do with the success if the run game, how much of a leader aikman was

We all (at least most of us ) are fans of Romo but he is not a good as aikman was

visionary

Reaction score

I guess I have a technical question for BZ

can a blind zebra roll his eyes ?

Inquiring minds want to know

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I guess I have a technical question for BZ

can a blind zebra roll his eyes ?

Inquiring minds want to know

zebra-rolling-15861547.jpg

Here you go. One zebra rolling his eyes....and the rest of his body.... Technically this zebra was found to be only slightly myoptic but not to the point of being legally blind but you get the point. :)

BlindFaith

Reaction score

How bout this for a list of injuries:
  • 10 concussions
  • fractured collarbone
  • right shoulder separation
  • lacerated right index finger
  • bone chips, right elbow
  • melanoma, left shoulder
  • fractured left index finger
  • lumbar diskectomy
  • degenerative back condition
  • strained left hamstring
  • sprained MCL, left knee