Twitter: Hurns on the Cowboys passing game

Kaiser

Reaction score
Tell me this dude is not screaming to get off the Cowboys roster.

The last guy to publicly criticize the coaches was DT Davon Coleman, who went onto a long, productive career.......for that evening, he was cut the following morning.

Zordon

Reaction score
Hard to see why the Jags let him go.
smh you guys are so damn sensitive and adverse to conflict just like Garrett. instead of acknowledging the truth he's speaking, you guys attack the messenger because he said something bad about your beloved Cowboys. would you prefer players just shut up and quietly accept the status quo?

Last edited:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Nothing like 8 receptions on 17 targets to make a guy feel his oats. Especially when he is on a make good contract and trying to rebuild his career.

And I really, really wanted Alshon Jeffrey two years ago.

I really, really wanted that kid in 2012, coming out of South Carolina.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I mean, would people prefer that he said:

"On the second interception, Dak threw the ball late and to the wrong shoulder"

Because that was also true. The completion was there to be made with the right throw.

Legend

Reaction score
Hurns will probably get cut after the Jaguar's game; since he will be useless.

I.e., no longer needed to provide intelligence on the Jaguars.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
smh you guys are so damn sensitive. instead of listening to the truth he's speaking, you guys attack the messenger because he said something about your beloved Cowboys.

Honestly Zordon, I don't need this guy to tell me what I see. I would just like to see him shut up and focus on doing his Job. I mean, I see what he's doing on the field and he's not really being part of the solution here. Too many people talking, not enough people trying to do their part and just play better, is I guess where I'm coming from on this.

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't see how this does anything but make things worse. JMO

Tommy

Reaction score
What makes you think he's not. He doesn't clarify so basically he leaves it very open.
You cannot make a play call based on a particular defensive set up until you see the defensive set up right? When does that part of the process happen?

Its not in the huddle. Its at the line of scrimmage.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is the best policy. But at the same time, he isn’t good enough of a player to be saying stuff like that to the media and generally get away with it.

I do love whenever anybody calls out our piss poor coaches though.

Did you know that with each passing day, I can’t stand jason Garret being the head coach, more and more? And I didn’t think that was possible because I haven’t been able to stand him being the head coach for a long time now.

I’m not concerned with Hurns getting away with anything.

I just appreciate honesty and mounting evidence.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
How he got out of CHI town is still amazing to me.

Hey Son, good to see you posting! You know I loved that kid in 2012. Him and his buddy, Gilmore. Oh well.......

How's that little guy doing this morning?

SoupcanSam

Reaction score

Hurns wants out of this piece of ****. One of the worse places to play football.

People may bash Bortles but hurns came from a place that had a pocket passing QB and a better coaching staff.

This is probably like anything he has ever seen. I believe Austin is fed up too with the offense and lack of usage.

Austin may have dropped some passes but how in the hell can this guy get into a groove with dak or scheme when he is on the damn sideline most of the time.

This organization is stupid. I wouldn't recommend any decent player come here at least until coaching is changed.

It's a shame when me as a fan wonder what the new players or FA will think of the coaching staff if things continue to go as it always goes.

Hurns and Austin are decent but the coaches are ruining it for them. And they probably hate dak and feel they have wasted a couple years coming to dallas.

They probably want to be traded asap.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Because that was also true. The completion was there to be made with the right throw.

It was and the throw should have been better. But a 6th Year WR in the NFL also needs to be able to come back on the ball and make catches when the ball is two feet off the perfect spot:

punchnjudy

Reaction score
Fans talk about adding a quality WR in FA, but, unless it's someone with locker room or OTF issues, why would any talented WR come here unless the money offered is much higher than anywhere else? Not that our FO would likely do it anyway.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
You cannot make a play call based on a particular defensive set up until you see the defensive set up right? When does that part of the process happen?

Its not in the huddle. Its at the line of scrimmage.

You assume that Dak has the authority to change a call. I don't know that he does on any given play, do you have something that proves that or no?

On the other hand, we can also have this discussion on the other side. WRs have the ability to change their route, based on coverage. Do we know if our WRs have that latitude and do we know if that is happening or is that also part of the problem? We can play these games all day but that's the problem right? That's why anybody with a brain in their head understands that this is not the way you solve these problems. It does no good because it only invites speculation by people who do not understand enough about what's going on and that, in turn creates division. You can't have that in a team sport. Recipe for disaster and that's why you don't do this stuff in public forum.

John813

Reaction score
It was and the throw should have been better. But a 6th Year WR in the NFL also needs to be able to come back on the ball and make catches when the ball is two feet off the perfect spot:

I agree, but he's a 6th year 4th string receiver though. Those type of receivers need the ball placed perfectly to make plays IMO.
Thompson is who he is. Fast receiver in a straight line that can return kicks.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score

In general I agree. But when a ball is thrown that late to the wrong side, it becomes a 50-50 ball.