Twitter: Hurns on the Cowboys passing game

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
The question “should he have said anything” is not logically related to the question “is he right”. Let’s keep that in mind through this discussion.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
If Hurns said this he’s an idiot, even if he’s right. Playing it out in the media and pointing fingers at coaches and teammates is not how to handle things.

Exactly right. It's not the message folks, it's the messaging that is flat out stupid here.

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score

He keep talking like this aaa and Dak the Ruler goin see that his locker. Gets cleaned out before the bye week.

No respectful wr who takes pride in his craft and skills is goin sit back and let their value get discredited when they knows it has more to do with the offense and other issue tha. Themselves. Man, Dak lucky he ain’t play with TO...

Legend

Reaction score
Do you remember when Aikman publicly called out Switzer and Gailey? Or when Haley called out Jerry for not paying Emmitt? They did that despite winning championships. Now we're in the midst of one of the worst stretches of offensive football in this franchise's history yet players are not supposed to speak their minds? Wow...

The coaches and the front office for this franchise has felt wayyy to comfortable with the status quo around here lately, and a big part of that is how we muzzle our players and silence any type of differing opinion. Good things can come from conflict. Look at the Eagles. Pederson publicly got flack from his players during his first year for his decision making and some comments he made about the team after a bad loss. Instead of running the players out of town, he listened to their concerns and made adjustments to his coaching style. The next year they won the Super Bowl and the players credited him for listening to their input.

http://973espn.com/eagles-enjoy-playing-for-pederson/

I remember T.O. calling out his Eagles teammates and afterwards performing crunches in his driveway in front of the media.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Honestly Zordon, I don't need this guy to tell me what I see. I would just like to see him shut up and focus on doing his Job. I mean, I see what he's doing on the field and he's not really being part of the solution here. Too many people talking, not enough people trying to do their part and just play better, is I guess where I'm coming from on this.

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't see how this does anything but make things worse. JMO

I see your side of it too. Good points. My side of is that I'm tired of people being PC and putting perfume on a pig. As you've said, you see what I see, so don't try to sugarcoat it or tow the company line trying to hide the truth. It's not good for him professionally, but I prefer honesty over someone lying to my face.

khiladi

Reaction score
You assume that Dak has the authority to change a call. I don't know that he does on any given play, do you have something that proves that or no?

On the other hand, we can also have this discussion on the other side. WRs have the ability to change their route, based on coverage. Do we know if our WRs have that latitude and do we know if that is happening or is that also part of the problem? We can play these games all day but that's the problem right? That's why anybody with a brain in their head understands that this is not the way you solve these problems. It does no good because it only invites speculation by people who do not understand enough about what's going on and that, in turn creates division. You can't have that in a team sport. Recipe for disaster and that's why you don't do this stuff in public forum.

He did last year in game 1 of the season. Just google Dak changes play at goal-line and Linehan, Giants 2017 and you’ll find an article on DMN. That’s probably when they pulled back again for Dak.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Lol @ the play design here. 3rd and 8, RB and TE go 2 yards into the flats, Beasley running into the middle of nowhere, defender draped all over Deonte freakin Thompson and Dak throws it anyway. Granted I cant see the safeties in this shot but Hurns clearly wins at the line of scrimmage.

Is it me or did Thompson try to catch that ball with his body vs using his hands? He felt the defender on him... that isn't one where you can let it come in to the body.. it is one you have to fight for the ball and put yourself in a better position and reach your hands out so the other guy can't get to it before you.

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
My bad. Didn’t see the other thread in this. Mods feel free to remove or deleted this thread

HungryLion

Reaction score
These WRs are getting criticized with anonymous coaches. Jerry comes out and says they don’t have a number 1 to deflect away from the offense.

Does it surprise anyone that the WRs are getting defensive?

You know what would be great?

For a player to publicly criticize the GM for not doing his job of adding enough talent to the team. And for being one of the worst GM’s in football for 2 decades straight.

I would pay money to hear a player say that publicly. You know some of them are thinking it.

Kaiser

Reaction score
These WRs are getting criticized with anonymous coaches. Jerry comes out and says they don’t have a number 1 to deflect away from the offense.

If the WR has 8 catches in 5 games they should be defensive and should not expect anyone to call them a #1 WR, much less the team owner.

khiladi

Reaction score
If the WR has 8 catches in 5 games they should be defensive and should not expect anyone to call them a #1 WR, much less the team owner.

Well Dez was getting criticized for his garbage QBs play as well.. Dak was the guy saying they don’t need a number 1. Dez was the excuse for Dak.. what’s the excuse now?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I see your side of it too. Good points. My side of is that I'm tired of people being PC and putting perfume on a pig. As you've said, you see what I see, so don't try to sugarcoat it or tow the company line trying to hide the truth. It's not good for him professionally, but I prefer honesty over someone lying to my face.

Stash, from a fans point of view, I have no problem with the team getting called out. Now if I'm honest, I do get tired of reading the same type post, posted 50 times in a different thread but the fan has every right to speak their mind. The players, that's different. Complain about your contract, complain about things that are specific to your financial situation, complain after you get cut, whatever. Don't throw your team under the bus and don't do it in a public forum. That's just bad for everybody to me.

Bottom line, I believe in what happens in the locker room stays in the locker room. That's just me.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
The wheels on the bus go round and round...

Three generations of WR’s calling the play selections garbage.....

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Most guilty people do.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
I agree, but he's a 6th year 4th string receiver though. Those type of receivers need the ball placed perfectly to make plays IMO.
Thompson is who he is. Fast receiver in a straight line that can return kicks.

Yep, take Thompson to a drag strip. Never ever bring him to a race track!