Twitter: Hurns on the Cowboys passing game

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
He did last year in game 1 of the season. Just google Dak changes play at goal-line and Linehan, Giants 2017 and you’ll find an article on DMN. That’s probably when they pulled back again for Dak.

It's a bad way to fix the problem khiladi. The point I was trying to illustrate in that earlier post is that it serves no purpose other then to make things worse. I mean, he might be 100% right about everything but it's not going to matter because there is always going to be a significant percentage of fans, and more importantly, media out there that will slant it and make it into a point of contention because that sells.

I mean, the reality is that Jerry is the only guy who can make any decision here and Jerry isn't going to listen Hurns. He's going to cut him at the end of the season. It just doesn't help anything.

khiladi

Reaction score
Most guilty people do.

And anonymous coaches throw around blame and hide, when they are guilty. Just like when Garrett disappeared for days after Choice fumbled with a couple seconds to go in the half against the Commanders leading to a defensive TD, when the Red-Headed Genius called a pass play with 80 yards to go and Choice was the check down option on the play that needed the whole field to go in like 5 seconds. Now suddenly he’s Mr. Conservative...

khiladi

Reaction score
It's a bad way to fix the problem khiladi. The point I was trying to illustrate in that earlier post is that it serves no purpose other then to make things worse. I mean, he might be 100% right about everything but it's not going to matter because there is always going to be a significant percentage of fans, and more importantly, media out there that will slant it and make it into a point of contention because that sells.

I mean, the reality is that Jerry is the only guy who can make any decision here and Jerry isn't going to listen Hurns. He's going to cut him at the end of the season. It just doesn't help anything.

Whatever creates chaos in Jerry’s World and makes them a laughing stock, so real changes can actually take place, I’m all for it. A decade with this buffoon Garrett is enough.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stash, from a fans point of view, I have no problem with the team getting called out. Now if I'm honest, I do get tired of reading the same type post, posted 50 times in a different thread but the fan has every right to speak their mind. The players, that's different. Complain about your contract, complain about things that are specific to your financial situation, complain after you get cut, whatever. Don't throw your team under the bus and don't do it in a public forum. That's just bad for everybody to me.

Bottom line, I believe in what happens in the locker room stays in the locker room. That's just me.

And again, I can't fault you for having that opinion but I hope you can also see and understand mine. I get tired if the organization and players, and then by default fans who can't think for themselves, telling me that "all is well" when I can plainly see it isn't. I find that insulting. So when I do get honesty, even if it might be "inappropriate" in some ways, I appreciate it.

Let's face it, Hurns is already getting blamed and scapegoated, likely before he's cut, and I've always been a fan of going down swinging rather than curling up in a ball and getting kicked.

jrumann59

Reaction score
It's funny that Dak is always criticized for being afraid of throwing into tight coverage, but he does that here and he's still criticized.

This is not a difficult play for a receiver to make. It's a play he should win. How many times did Stafford throw passes like this to Detroit WR's two weeks ago, and their WR's won the battle against our DB's to come up with tough catches?

You have to make throws like this when you're trotting out JAG scrubs like Deonte Thompson. He's never going to be running free without a defender in sight, so you've got to make difficult throws and he's got to use his size to come up with the catch.
Because many of his passes into coverage are his own doing. If he threw that when Thompson was at the top of his route instead of when he was coming back it would have been at worst an incompletion

Kaiser

Reaction score
Well Dez was getting criticized for his garbage QBs play as well.. Dak was the guy saying they don’t need a number 1. Dez was the excuse for Dak.. what’s the excuse now?

Top money paid for average production was the reason they cut Dez. I don't remember Dak saying anything about Dez, but if you have a link I'll read it.

MojaveJT

Reaction score
Lmao at the people who say he shouldn’t be talking.

He said WRs deserve blame too, so he’s not saying he’s perfect.

It’s about time someone starts calling the play calls out. JJ won’t, other coaches won’t. Time to face the music.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Way to go Hurns, produce nothing and then Call your Coaching Staff, your QB, your OL and the rest of the WRs out. I can see why you were a Free Agent now.

Players, shut up and play through it. This kinda stuff only hurts you more. You can be 100% right and it won't matter in situations like this.
He called out the WR's, not just the rest of the WR's, so he included himself. He's not wrong. Everyone needs to play better, starting behind center.

BigD_95

Reaction score
Way to go Hurns, produce nothing and then Call your Coaching Staff, your QB, your OL and the rest of the WRs out. I can see why you were a Free Agent now.

Players, shut up and play through it. This kinda stuff only hurts you more. You can be 100% right and it won't matter in situations like this.

It’s hard to keep quiet when everyone is blaming the receivers. These guys have pride

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Whatever creates chaos in Jerry’s World and makes them a laughing stock, so real changes can actually take place, I’m all for it. A decade with this buffoon Garrett is enough.

How many years have we been watching Jerry? "Chaos" don't work with him. He fired Tom Landry through the press. He is still hearing about that and I've never seen one thing that suggest he is sorry about it. He fired Jimmy Johnson after winning two championships and replaced him with a string of terrible coaches and what did he follow that up with? He hired Phillips, watched him have 3 winning season in his 1st three years, went to the playoffs in 2 of 3 seasons and what did Jerry learn from all the "Chaos"? He learned to use it to set up Phillips with Garrett who has never come close to producing the same results and yet, he's still here.

khiladi, I just don't think the whole pressure on Jerry thing is a real thing. Jerry is going to do what he wants to do, when he wants to do it, if he wants to do it and no amount of "Chaos" is going to play into it IMO.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
He called out the WR's, not just the rest of the WR's, so he included himself. He's not wrong. Everyone needs to play better, starting behind center.

It's like I'm talking to myself here. Call everybody out, call nobody out, take a shower and decide to go out, I don't care but don't do it through Twitter. Do it in the locker room and keep it in the locker room.

Brax

Reaction score
Honesty is the best policy.
Isn't the QB suppose to check out of a play if the coverage dictates it? Tells me Dak doesn't understand what he see's so it's on Dak not the play caller who is cut off 15 seconds before the play Dak is on his own from 15 to zero.

The Natural

Reaction score
It's funny that Dak is always criticized for being afraid of throwing into tight coverage, but he does that here and he's still criticized.

This is not a difficult play for a receiver to make. It's a play he should win. How many times did Stafford throw passes like this to Detroit WR's two weeks ago, and their WR's won the battle against our DB's to come up with tough catches?

You have to make throws like this when you're trotting out JAG scrubs like Deonte Thompson. He's never going to be running free without a defender in sight, so you've got to make difficult throws and he's got to use his size to come up with the catch.
So the idea is to trust 6 ft jags with winning in those situations instead of a 6-2 220 guy known for physicality? Awesome job by our front office.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lmao at the people who say he shouldn’t be talking.

He said WRs deserve blame too, so he’s not saying he’s perfect.

It’s about time someone starts calling the play calls out. JJ won’t, other coaches won’t. Time to face the music.

It's a double-edged sword.

If they do it after they're gone like TO, Crayton, Bennett, Jesse Holley, and Dez, it's "sour grapes" because the team let them go.

If they do it while they're still here, they're talking out of turn and the comments are viewed as detrimental to the team.

Maybe these are things that finally need to come out publicly? I know everybody like Romo, Witten, and Dez covering for it while they were here hasn't helped or changed anything.