Twitter: Hurns signs with Dolphins

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
So he refused the Cowboys $3 million offee and instead accepted the same amount to play for the Dolphins? I believe Hurns knew he would at best be a 3rd stringer with the Cowboys while having a better chance to start with the Dolphins.

links18

Reaction score
We’ll regret this one. Kid can play every position, great route runner. No, he’s not a #1 receiver and it wasn’t fair to ask him to be. But he’s a solid contributor who would have been a great #4 here.

Penny wise pound foolish, the second there is an injury to the top three WRs.

John813

Reaction score
So he refused the Cowboys $3 million offee and instead accepted the same amount to play for the Dolphins? I believe Hurns knew he would at best be a 3rd stringer with the Cowboys while having a better chance to start with the Dolphins.

He's also from the area, born and raised. So, I guess it makes sense to return home as well.

Jipper

Reaction score
Glad he found another team. That is $1M less than the Cowboys right? Wonder how much of a pay cut SJ asked him to take?

i thought he was slated to make 5m....and the new deal is up to 3....he will probably get a bit less....just wasnt worth it and the market confirmed it.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
So he got paid 1 million dollars to go from Super Bowl to last place.

He had $1.125M guaranteed of the $2M, so he got $1.125M and $3M=$4.125M compared to just the $2M and increased playtime for possible contracts in the future.

He's not one of the higher paid players in the league so I can see why he did it.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Good for him. Back to his college town.

Dolphins have Stills, Parker, Wilson and Grant as their top 4.

TBD if Parker decides he can man up and play through boo-boos or not.

Could be a top 3 WR there, especially if Wilsons hip isn't 100%.
perfect spot for Hurns, and I bet his agent told him to sign it quickly.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
We’ll regret this one. Kid can play every position, great route runner. No, he’s not a #1 receiver and it wasn’t fair to ask him to be. But he’s a solid contributor who would have been a great #4 here.

I wasn't impressed with the signing last year and his 20 catches in 16 games confirmed my perception. Best of luck to him.

I'd rather keep someone younger who isn't coming off a gruesome injury.

Hailmary

Reaction score
The Fins should be playing as many rookies and udfas as possible in hopes of landing a top three spot in the next draft to take a potential franchise QB. Good for Hurns though.