News: Hurns Surgery Successful, Return Expected by August

Rayman70

Reaction score
Semi-horse collared him. I just watched it.

It was pretty dirty, like you can almost see some bad intent there.

Heath got the payback hit on that return, though.

Hurns is a good player, and a really really cool person.

Sucks that happened to him.
yuppers..I didn't wanna say that...but yep. Seems like that's coached by ole Pete.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Hope he has a quick recovery. He is going to be missed. He picks us up a first down almost every game. It looked ugly. Hope he can recover. He is a good guy.

He has made 22 million in his career. Hoping he saved a lot of it. If he cleared half then that’s 11 or 12 million. I could live on that.

Rayman70

Reaction score
No doubt he coached them up to play like that.
to this day,nobody will tell me any different either.Cliff Avril did the same thing...not exactly, but was a dirty hit on Romo. Landed with all his weight...I don't wanna be the guy who cries foul...you know..Im just not wired that way...but with Seattle, you cant help but wonder.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Yeah looked like it was a high hit. Awkward angle to go down. My wife saw it before me. She said he is in his stomach but his toes is pointing up. I still can’t believe he held onto the ball.
you know, me either.How the heck he didn't drop it is crazy. His adrenaline took over prolly.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
to this day,nobody will tell me any different either.Cliff Avril did the same thing...not exactly, but was a dirty hit on Romo. Landed with all his weight...I don't wanna be the guy who cries foul...you know..Im just not wired that way...but with Seattle, you cant help but wonder.

Pete knew he was outmatched, so he stooped....

That's what losers do; that's why he went home.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Beasley and the Cowboys will likely have a tough time working out an extension so he may be gone.

We won’t release him while he’s recovering from an injury so I’m sure he will go to camp and be able to compete for a job.

I could see him competing to replace Beasley. He's better in the slot.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I have to think the Seahawks were trying to hurt our players... That was a dirty, horse collar-style tackle. It should have been a penalty.

There were several other dirty tackles too.

It wasn't a coincidence.

I wonder if they have a bounty program. They do this to everyone, and they were the ones that did Romo in.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I broke my fibula in june 2016. took 10 screws and a 6" metal plate. but I had the medical group that treats the rangers and stars do the surgery. three months later I was dove hunting. the biggest nuisance was having everyone wanting to hold my hand and do everything for me. all I wanted around me was my dogs. what was done to repair a dislocation of the ankle?
God Bless you sir. WOW....technology and good surgeons sure do matter. Glad to hear you had a fast recovery. Not sure what they did with Hurns. My guess is they popped it back into place and put a few screws in .

glimmerman

Reaction score
you know, me either.How the heck he didn't drop it is crazy. His adrenaline took over prolly.
Adrenaline and shock. I tore my tricep tendon a few weeks ago. Sounded like a gun shot when it happened and I felt it and the instant swelling but you go into shock for a moment before the real pain sets in. I can’t imagine a injury like Hurns but the concentration to hang onto that ball was amazing.

Rayman70

Reaction score
The first thing I wanted to do after my injury and surgery was to be with my team mates ..if anything,on the sidelines..in the meetings etc.Its psychological.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
seems to be a trend with Seattle don't it?

Yes. I honestly think the NFL needs to have a look at this by now. If New Orleans got slaughtered for their bounty programme, then Seattle needs to as well if it's a bounty. Even if it isn't, they need to be investigated by the league if they really care about the player safety. They are worse than what the Saints did.

Rayman70

Reaction score
a clean break is almost ALWAYS better than a fracture or complete dislocation. A dislocation is complicated many times...not an easy surgery,recovery. Any doctor will tell you this. They prefer a clean break any day. I guess its a simple matter of resetting the bone and casting it? Im just guessing.