News: Hurns Surgery Successful, Return Expected by August

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Yes. I honestly think the NFL needs to have a look at this by now. If New Orleans got slaughtered for their bounty programme, then Seattle needs to as well if it's a bounty. Even if it isn't, they need to be investigated by the league if they really care about the player safety. They are worse than what the Saints did.

Additionally, Goodell was at the game last night. SURELY he could see that the Seahawks were trying to injure our players. When Carroll decides to go low.as he usually does when outmatched, bloody hell does.he go low. I honestly think he's got a bounty programme in Seattle. It's too much coincidence by now for me not to think that.

conner01

Reaction score
That is tremendous news this morning.

That was just gruesome. I worried for him losing his leg.
I couldn’t hardly look at it
I thought it could be like bears TE and be something major

naren1

Reaction score
That's great news, wishing him the best.
So who replaces him next week?

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It essentially did, that's what a dislocation is as far as I know. Ugh I shudder just to think about how that must feel.
Dude was in agony on that stretcher. I was just thinking damn I hope they hit him with something strong and fast acting.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Hurns seemed to have been making progress lately, so that timing was unfortunate.

Here's hoping he'll heal favorably and continue being a factor for the Dallas offense.

fansince68

Reaction score
It was so bad I think they gave him some pain meds right on the field
Yeah that's what took them so long to get him off the field. They started an IV to give him pain meds. I'm guessing Dilaudid. That stuff stops pain dead in its tracks.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Hope he has a quick recovery. He is going to be missed. He picks us up a first down almost every game. It looked ugly. Hope he can recover. He is a good guy.

He has made 22 million in his career. Hoping he saved a lot of it. If he cleared half then that’s 11 or 12 million. I could live on that.
DAL can't just release him if he is hurt and can't pass a physical

They will have to reach an injury settlement first

He has no guaranteed money left and the team will save 5m if released

Flamma

Reaction score
Oddly enough I immediately saw why he was suffering after the play. I saw his foot turned in the wrong direction. Brutal stuff. I hate to see that and it bothered me bigtime.

Kauboy

Reaction score
Guys, can we please stop talking about releasing him or his future with the team. At least give it a few days. He suffered a catastrophic injury and he is still a Cowboy. Let us give him the respect all Cowboys deserve. We can discuss his future in a different thread.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
I am really glad that he is ok but he needs to be released in march. no way can the cowboys afford to pay six million next year to a guy who only caught less then thirty catches all season. an undrafted receiver could have filled his roll. I am glad he is going to be ok.
Are we even able to cut him while injured?

I also don't think an undrafted rookie could have filled his role. He has made a few clutch plays now. Not many, but he has produced to some extent. Not $6mn, but after that injury, don't see Jerry being so cutthroat as to cut him while injured.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
At least he went out a hero

He got the first down

Still doesn't save his job next year...... it's just business