News: Hurns Surgery Successful, Return Expected by August

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
We are all praying for you and speedy, full recovery.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...en-hurns-ill-be-good-to-go-by-start-of-season

The Dallas Cowboys were forced to go the rest of Saturday night's game against the Seattle Seahawkswithout a member of their receiving corps.

Wide receiver Allen Hurns suffered a gruesome lower left leg injury after hauling in a 14-yard pass from quarterback Dak Prescott on the Cowboys' second possession in what was eventually a 24-22 win.

Hurns received immediate attention, as medical personnel stabilized the left leg in an air cast. Cowboyshead coach Jason Garrett held Hurns' left hand as medical staff tended to the injury before Hurns was carted off.

"Obviously not a good situation for Allen. It's a serious injury that he has," Garrett told reporters after the game. "Allen's in good hands. He's going to come back. He's going to play a lot of football for us in the future."

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones told reporters that Hurns suffered a dislocated left ankle in addition to fractures and underwent surgery following the win.

"I'll be good to go by the beginning of the season," the wideout told NFL Network's Jane Slater post surgery on his broken fibula.

Carson

Reaction score
He was starting to come on for us too.

Hurns is a good player. He just made a horrible decision coming to Dallas.

Problem is, I don’t think he had many suitors.

Next offseason I’m sure he will be more humbled. He had produced as a #1-2 guy. So he likely wanted to be paid like one. He will find suitors as a 3-4 guy. Hopefully we can renegotiate his deal and he sticks around.

Eastern

Reaction score
It was a luxury to have a dependable, veteran receiver like Hurns as the 5th or 6th option at receiver. He made plays with the opportunities he had. He will be missed this playoffs.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Hope it all works out well for him. On the selfish side, I wonder if the organization has the nerve to cut him as they probably should.

Manster68

Reaction score
Thrilled to hear of the successful surgery. However, his return I believe is overly optimistic.

No one fully returns from an injury like that. Bless his heart, but I think his football career is over.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Great, Great news for Hurns! We will see you in August sir! Hopefully you’ll be fitted for your SB ring :)

Verdict

Reaction score
I am really glad that he is ok but he needs to be released in march. no way can the cowboys afford to pay six million next year to a guy who only caught less then thirty catches all season. an undrafted receiver could have filled his roll. I am glad he is going to be ok.

I was thinking the same thing, but he can reportedly play every receiver position and tight end. There is value to that. Also his salary, relatively speaking isn't a lot.

His salary was significantly disproportionate to his production, but it may not have been because he wasn't open. Dak juts didn't throw his way a lot. Zeke got a lot of receptions that normally receivers would have had.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Hope it all works out well for him. On the selfish side, I wonder if the organization has the nerve to cut him as they probably should.
If they expect him back in August then they can cut him with a minor injury settlement

He is not worth the 5m they save as the 6th option

Kaiser

Reaction score
Could be a blessing in disguise for Hurns

He was a likely cut, Jerry may look to keep him now

I wish him the best but he is the 4th WR on this team right now and he will have a cap hit of 6.25 Million next year. I could only see that happening if Beasley leaves and they totally strike out on replacements in FA and the draft.

I was really down on him early in the season and he is apparently a high character teammate, but I think it would be a huge stretch for him to come back unless his contract was negotiated downward - a lot.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Hurns is a good player. He just made a horrible decision coming to Dallas.

He had 5,600,000 good reasons to come to Dallas. If he had beaten double teams in the first half of the season he would have even more.

Kaiser

Reaction score
There is value to that. Also his salary, relatively speaking isn't a lot.

He is scheduled to have a cap hit of 6.25 Million next year. For reference, that is what Golden Tate averaged over a 5 year contract and he has averaged 90 catches a season for those years.