Hypothetical Dak Trade To Dolphins

Steve007

Reaction score
Completely different situation. Not even remotely close to the Dak situation.

Apples and oranges. Please try to keep up.

The Rams were so desperate to dump Goff's contract, they had to pay a premium to get rid of him.
If the Cowboys pay Dak what he wants in a couple of years they will be trying to do the same thing.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Dude, it's 2021, leave the misogynistic crap behind. It wasn't cool in the 60s or 70s, it sure isn't now.

You don't think "real" men gossip? Do you live under a rock? Please.
If you choose to talk "Barbie" shop with other men that's your lifestyle choice but you and no one else is pushing it on me. Enjoy your life in pink, Mr. Prissy. LOL

Reactions: CWR

Cebrin

Reaction score
No team in the NFL wants Dak at 30+ million a year.
The only buffoon GM in the NFL is ours and he is inept enough to give Dak millions once again.
Every team in the NFC would take Dak at 30+ right now.

CWR

Reaction score
If you choose to talk "Barbie" shop with other men that's your lifestyle choice but you and no one else is pushing it on me. Enjoy your life in pink, Mr. Prissy. LOL

Lol, damn you and your toxic masculinity. P.s. I love women, my mom is one.

plasticman

Reaction score
So....we trade Dak and get a couple 1's in order to draft a quarterback that will start immediately and shine, someone that can quickly become Pro Bowl level, a leader, a guy that gets better each season......you need a top 5 pick overall for that?

In other words, let's trade Dak in the hopes that it will net us somebody like.....Dak?

Pay him. It's not Dak's fault this team is run by the Beverly Hillbillies.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. It seems as though the general consensus is that this trade is a no brainer. I agree. I may never listen to the Break again. They are clearly not objective. For those of you that answered with stuff like Miami would never make that trade thanks for nothing.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
On the Break they discussed Dak to Dolphins for Dolphins 2 first round picks this year and Tua for Dak. I believe one of the picks is the third overall. Of course they would not do the trade because they are all Dak Homer's pulling the Jerry company line. I happen to know a group of Dolphins fans so I asked them if they would do it. They did not seem very high on Tua and actually said they would do it. Perhaps Dak is valued higher by other fan bases than ours. I definitely found it interesting and thought I would share it. Personally I do not know enough about Tua but can you imagine if he was serviceable. You would get a young QB on the cheap. You could pick 3 times this year in the first round and you could spend Daks 40 million on free agents. IMHO this is how you build a winner. Dak is very good but IMHO he is not untouchable like a Mahomes or Rodgers.

It's interesting, a trade like that could happen without the Cowboys' consent, unless I am wrong. Someone better read on the NFL rules please correct me if I'm wrong, but once Dak is franchised, any team can sign him if they're willing to give up two first round picks. The Cowboys wouldn't have a choice, they'd just have to take it.

No one did that last year, so that tells me that no one thinks he's worth two first round picks.

By the way, I have never figured out why a team that has, let's say the #12 pick (1200 points), why they do not just trade down in the first round to turn it into picks #31 (600) and #32 (590) then sign a franchise player.

-- Edit: here is the franchise tag rule, I was right:

Exclusive franchise tag: A one-year tender offer to a player for an amount no less than the average of the top five salaries at the player's position for the current year, or 120 percent of his previous salary, whichever is greater. The player cannot negotiate with another team. The bump in pay scale (current average salary versus averaging of the previous five years) means only the very best receive this tag -- players for whom teams would gladly give up two first-round picks to sign.

Qcard

Reaction score
On the Break they discussed Dak to Dolphins for Dolphins 2 first round picks this year and Tua for Dak. I believe one of the picks is the third overall. Of course they would not do the trade because they are all Dak Homer's pulling the Jerry company line. I happen to know a group of Dolphins fans so I asked them if they would do it. They did not seem very high on Tua and actually said they would do it. Perhaps Dak is valued higher by other fan bases than ours. I definitely found it interesting and thought I would share it. Personally I do not know enough about Tua but can you imagine if he was serviceable. You would get a young QB on the cheap. You could pick 3 times this year in the first round and you could spend Daks 40 million on free agents. IMHO this is how you build a winner. Dak is very good but IMHO he is not untouchable like a Mahomes or Rodgers.
It’s a great hypothetical. Tua is a gamer...only fear is this organization is too cheap and lack the imagination to build a contender around Tua’s abilities...

Verdict

Reaction score
Tua is basically Jared Goff. The version of him his coach couldn't cover up for. Having 4 top 15 picks at WR made him look alot better than he is.

If I do this trade, I take a QB at 3. They can keep Tua. I don't want to waste time figuring out Tua cant play
Hurts is a better QB than Tua.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
There are Dolphins teammates who don't think Tua can play. They are very unimpressed.

Dak isn't going anywhere.

You mean Tua wasn't a sure thing and wasn't worth tanking for? Oh my!!! I read on this very board he was the next Steve Young! *Faints*

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Completely different situation. Not even remotely close to the Dak situation.

Apples and oranges. Please try to keep up.

The Rams were so desperate to dump Goff's contract, they had to pay a premium to get rid of him.

And I don't think it's just the contract they wanted to dump. I think it's the fact that Goff is an imbecile that they wanted to get rid of him. I think they'd take his contract if he had what he needs between the ears. Dak has that. Goff doesn't.