Hypothetical Thread: If rumored video does exists

Status
Not open for further replies.

lqmac1

Reaction score
Let's just say there is a video of Dez Bryant in which he conducts in a behavior that's "Five times worse than Ray Rice".

If it's that bad, I would fully expect the Cowboys to let him walk. We all saw the scrutiny that the Ravens went through.

So now, we are a team without a true number one receiver. Would you guys make a run at a Randall Cobb, trade up in the draft for a receiver or draft a mid-round receiver and just go with a committee?

Personally, I don't think a video exists. This might sound far-fetched, but NFL teams will try to use anything to get a discount. Maybe the Cowboys have something to do with this? I hate to speculate on something like that, but I would not be surprised.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Dez will still be a Cowboy...albeit a suspended and much less expensive Cowboy.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let's just say there is a video of Dez Bryant in which he conducts in a behavior that's "Five times worse than Ray Rice".

If it's that bad, I would fully expect the Cowboys to let him walk. We all saw the scrutiny that the Ravens went through.

So now, we are a team without a true number one receiver. Would you guys make a run at a Randall Cobb, trade up in the draft for a receiver or draft a mid-round receiver and just go with a committee?

Personally, I don't think a video exists. This might sound far-fetched, but NFL teams will try to use anything to get a discount. Maybe the Cowboys have something to do with this? I hate to speculate on something like that, but I would not be surprised.

If it does exist AND it comes out before free agency starts AND it is worse then the Ray Rice video, then YES I would try to sign Randle Cobb. I watch most of the Packers games and Cobb is a terrific player.

The issue is that free agency is very close and the video has yet to surface. One of those national reporters says that he's been working this story since the middle of last season, yet he has nothing specific to comment on and says he has not seen the video.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know it's a slow time for any real true news, but...
With all the Dez video threads and all the sign AP threads, though he's not available yet, and may not be.
Seems half the threads are about these. It's almost not worth looking at thread titles except looking in draft zone I guess.
:laugh:

DBOY3141

Reaction score
I would also take a look at Jeremy Maclin. I think I recall the Cowboys were very high on him coming out of college that year.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
I know it's a slow time for any real true news, but...
With all the Dez video threads and all the sign AP threads, though he's not available yet, and may not be.
Seems half the threads are about these. It's almost not worth looking at thread titles except looking in draft zone I guess.
:laugh:

Compared to years past this place is hopping

Plankton

Reaction score
Randall Cobb is very good, but do you pay a guy who makes his way out of the slot like a true #1 WR? I wouldn't.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
I don't have the inclination to worry about a video until it is made public. Nor do I have the motivation to wring my hands over what the video might contain until it is made public. Nor do I have the desire to fret over something I cannot control until all the facts are in.

AmericasTeam81

Reaction score
You can print it in 3 inch bold headlines in your local newspaper. There is no video.

Status
Not open for further replies.