I’m hoping for Deuce Vaughn today

Macnalty

Reaction score
Are we really worried about speed with this guy?

He’ll juke out whoever is in front of him.

Just watch him and what he can do with virtually no space.

Dudes a magician.
During training camp they will start building a pedestal for him. my two cents.

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
I could totally see this guy getting drafted and the Cowboys realizing they stumbled upon something (not a short joke).

I know he’s small but he’s a tough little runner that’s hard to find, he can catch, and I think he’d be a heck of a return man.

Unlike Turpin he actually offers something as a football player.

6th round I hope he gets picked.

We missed Gibbs and Achane.. I like this player and hope we get him. He’s a good football player.
Catch, great call on this pick this morning. And I’m with you. I LOVE this player. He makes people miss like Barry Sanders used to. Defenders have him lined up all of the time and don’t even lay a hand on him. If he was 5 inches taller he’d be right in the conversation with Bijan. Unfortunately, he’s 5’-5” but give him 10-12 touches a game and you got yourself a weapon in the 6th round.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
His ability to change direction instantaneously gives defenders fits. It is what makes him so dangerous.
It doesn't hurt that he runs a 4.4 and there's almost nothing to hit or tackle before he slips through your grip. He's very slippery.. and tough, stronger than he looks.

You can motion him around, and play him in the slot or wherever.. he's going to be a neat player, in due time. Prob more screens and all that. But I've think his receiving game is strong. He's just a small target

Croomraider

Reaction score
At one point last year I wanted Deuce Vaughn in the 2nd round... Can't believe that his draft grade was so low and that he almost went undrafted. I watched him play a bunch and always thought his cuts were really good and his hands were as well. Dak has a problem throwing high throws though, not ripping Dak just saying he was awful throwing to Zeke last year. Hopefully Deuce and Dak can work on that and this could be a complete homerun pick. The real question is will Deuce wear 22? lol

Pass2Run

Reaction score
He’s just so slept on..

I remember someone here saying there was a rumor we were interested in him, and that his dad was a scout for the Cowboys. I saw him, and though he was an interesting WCO guy, just didn't think we'd draft him based on our history. I'm not diminishing what he can be, because I think he's like D.K. Metcalf, but at the slot for receiver, and a smaller, shifter guy.. he can move around from slot to TB, and TB to slot.. He gives you more flexibility on offense to be unpredictable. I think Achane has similar potential, although they're a little different.

With guys like Lupke and Pollard, that style of WCO is going to be awesome to watch, especially in preseason I also think that's why he took a guy like Overshown.. Because he can also be moved around on defense, and play ST. We also got Cropper, who I think is a nifty player. I thought he was a great NFL prospect.

Remember that guy who used to come here last year and talk about how Pollard is a WR? This guy really can be one, in the right scheme. Pollard prolly could too, but I think Duece's meal ticket in the NFL is going to be route running, rushing, and YAC on screens.

He really has potential to be a productive player in due time. Say, two, three years down the line as he develops.

Last edited:

DCCowboys11

Reaction score
Deuce Vaughn was the best offensive pick for the Cowboys and it’s not close.

sbark

Reaction score
Saw a list of power 5 teams he put up big numbers on in last 2 years
He has earned a shot