I’ll be shocked if Cowboys are better than 8-8

Adreme

Reaction score
When picking games for the Cowboys I would look as a warning for any team with a decent passing attack as those teams are going to farm the weaker secondary that Dallas has. To that end I would agree with a team like the Falcons winning but the Rams got crushed last year and got worse in just about every way. I see no scenario where they could beat the Cowboys.

The Steelers are overrated. While their QB situation was not great they failed because that offense was terrible without AB. They are going to be a team carried by their defense (which I think has 8 first round picks on it but that is still the goal of that team). I honestly think the Cowboys win that game easily.

The rest I largely agree with. The Ravens and 49ers are too stacked with talent to be losing those games. Either way that puts the Cowboys at 10-6 and then I expect them to lose a very winnable game against somebody terrible for 9-7.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
You make it sound like a new system is detrimental.

Sending Garrett and Marinelli on their way instantly makes this team better because the instincts and philosophy change, and the conservative playcalling and unimaginative game planning has handicapped us for years.

Aven8

Reaction score
I got a bad feeling this Opt out thing is going to gain momentum and we are going to lose some guys as well..

I got a bad feeling that Demarcus Lawrence is going to sit out.

If Dlaw were to opt out screw that guy! He just got paid a lot.

Aven8

Reaction score
It’s already trending with players doing this.

Donta Hightower is sitting out for the Patriots.

It’s ridiculous. People are going to work everyday at Walmart and aren’t scared. These are professional athletes with amazing genetics and the best healthcare around. They will all be fine.

conner01

Reaction score
Not if Looney wins the starting center job
I think looney will easily be the starter
No pre season really hurts the chances of new players showing what they can do and hurts any position changes some envision

Rayman70

Reaction score
Not if Looney wins the starting center job
I think you may be right. Tyler badiaz may actually be a swing guard this year. I think between he and McGovern, it should be interesting what happens to Connor Williams at LG. Williams will either elevate his game or be replaced. Love our depth and talent pool on the oline. That might be what saves us this year,the oline and its depth.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
8-8 would be a massive failure. Look at this roster. New schemes aside this coaching staff will be heads and tails better than the clown car of the last 10 years. I would not make predictions yet because there is too much uncertainty but this is not an 8-8 roster.

Swagger

Reaction score
No way are we 8-8. We’ll beat the Rams and definitely the Falcons, even a split would put us at 9 wins. I don’t think we’ll lose all of the games (Sea, MN, Pitt, MN). If we split those that puts at 11 wins minimum. I wouldn’t be surprised to see 13-3 but mainly due to our offense, not defense. I think we’ll win in an offensive shoot out with some of those teams.

With Hightower opting out, I just hope it doesn’t become a trend (not that I blame them). I don’t want any tainted wins or championships.

The Falcons should have a better offensive line next season. They lost their premium pick last season to injury and they added another lineman in the 2020 draft. It could be a good time to play them though as they have an exciting new look secondary as well so it will be an interesting game but I wouldn't regard it as a definite win. I see us losing to the Seahawks and winning one out of the Rams and Falcons games so 1-2 after three games. I agree with the other losses the opening poster highlights and we could also lose to the Cardinals who will be a dangerous team next season. 8-8 or 9-7 looks about right so we might nick a wildcard spot with the Eagles winning the division.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
It’s ridiculous. People are going to work everyday at Walmart and aren’t scared. These are professional athletes with amazing genetics and the best healthcare around. They will all be fine.

Hightower is having a kid so he is using that as a reason.

Lawrence is also having a kid.

Swagger

Reaction score
8-8 would be a massive failure. Look at this roster. New schemes aside this coaching staff will be heads and tails better than the clown car of the last 10 years. I would not make predictions yet because there is too much uncertainty but this is not an 8-8 roster.
It wasn't an 8-8 roster last season either but I take your point about coaching - it's valid.

Swagger

Reaction score
It's a more difficult schedule than last season as firstly there aren't any gimme teams who we are playing away apart from Washington and the Giants (although we still managed to lose to the Jets and Bears last season) and the opening three games are night and day compared with the cigars out easy rider opening trio of games that we had last season. I think the Cardinals game in week 6 will be pivotal to the season.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
It wasn't an 8-8 roster last season either but I take your point about coaching - it's valid.
True. Garrett, IMHO, was always a minus 2/3 coach. Meaning he would always find a way to under perform by 2 to 3 games every season. Jets loss? Chicago? The second Philly game? That turd should have not lost all those games.

I don't think that's Mike McCarthy.

DFWJC

Reaction score
8-8 last year was one of the worst underachieving regular seasons in 25 years
8-8 this year would be even be worse.

But if they play 16, I think they'll win more than that.

aria

Reaction score
The Falcons should have a better offensive line next season. They lost their premium pick last season to injury and they added another lineman in the 2020 draft. It could be a good time to play them though as they have an exciting new look secondary as well so it will be an interesting game but I wouldn't regard it as a definite win. I see us losing to the Seahawks and winning one out of the Rams and Falcons games so 1-2 after three games. I agree with the other losses the opening poster highlights and we could also lose to the Cardinals who will be a dangerous team next season. 8-8 or 9-7 looks about right so we might nick a wildcard spot with the Eagles winning the division.
I respect your opinion but you’re crazy. We have one of the best O lines in the league, 3 very good receivers and a good RB. We had the number offense under Garrett and even if Lamb isn’t as good as most think he will be he is still an upgrade, same with McCarthy (hopefully).

The defense is concerning but as I said earlier, I think it will be good enough and the offense will be able to overcome the defense’s deficiencies.

BTW, most people here know I’m far from a homer and have been a pessimist my entire life so I’m not just saying this because I’m a Jerry kool aid drinker. I’m very critical but I truly believe it.