I’ll be shocked if Cowboys are better than 8-8

fivetwos

Reaction score
I really dont know how anyone can break down a season week by week before it even starts.

Think huge factors may change along the way?

doomsday9084

Reaction score
The Cowboys have like 6 gimmes this year. If they go 5 and 5 in the competitive games, that leaves them at 11-5. I don't get the pessimism. The DT's in particular are going to be a big upgrade. Hell, Garrett almost single handedly lost several games last year.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
The Cowboys have like 6 gimmes this year. If they go 5 and 5 in the competitive games, that leaves them at 11-5. I don't get the pessimism. The DT's in particular are going to be a big upgrade. Hell, Garrett almost single handedly lost several games last year.

Garrett was good for 3 or more losses just on non in game adjustments along.

CWR

Reaction score
Prepare yourself for a shocking my friend. :yourock:

CWR

Reaction score
I mean damn I get that this season is complicated beyond reason, but this is a talented roster and we got rid of our scapegoat coach. Better than 8-8 shouldn't shock anyone who follows this team.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
After looking at schedule and taking into account how rushed this whole thing is for a team with a brand new defensive system and way to communicate with the QB (McCarthy is the best QB coach there’s ever been here)

I just don’t see how the team is better than 8-8.

Not trying to say anything against your personal knowledge of football but I find it a fools errand to look at schedules prematurely. Way too many things change week to week, way too many variables affect who wins week to week. What looks like a sure win at one point can easily become a sure loss, and I dont mean that in an "on any given sunday" kind of way, I mean things change rapidly. Lets see how this defense and special teams can improve and maybe they can go 11-5.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score

I dont see the dts as a big upgrade nor do I see 6 gimmies. Lol schedule looks rough.

I can see 9-10 wins if everything goes better than expected but I still don't even expect there to be a season.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
I think 8-8 looks very likely. Our schedule looks much tougher than pundits are predicting.

The good news is that I’m usually wrong so they will probably make a deep playoff run.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I have 11-5 but am optimistic by nature. I think this offense will be at the top of the league(top 3) and the ST will rise to top 1/3. Defense will struggle but have some big leads to play with.
DAL is tweaking the offense not totally trashing it. They kept a few offensive coaches in place.
Defense is more concerning because it was a total make over but they aren't being asked to win 12-10.

Week 1 - At Rams - Dallas is better than the Rams. The edge LAR had at one point was with the new scheme and deck of WRs. Cap has stripped that offensive attack and league has adjusted to it. WIN

Week 2 - Falcons - DAL is better than ATL in all 3 aspects of football. And that's with a bad defense. WIN

Week 3 - At Seahawks - Road game versus SEA - LOSS

Week 4 Browns - Baker is a head case. - WIN

Week 5 - Giants - DAL just better - WIN

Week 6 - Cardinals - Cards are improving and dangerous but Dallas has too much firepower. WIN

Week 7 - At Washington - See the Giants - WIN

Week 8 - At Philadelphia - Philly's SB will be tough to win- LOSS

Week 9 - Steelers - Steelers always step up in Dallas and could steal this win if they have a QB - LOSS

BYE -

Week 11 - At Vikings - Minny is solid but a BYE week gives extra prep time. WIN

Week 12 - Washington - WIN

Week 13 - At Baltimore - I don;t think we can stop the BALT run and TE game, LJ makes a huge play or two on our mediocre defense - LOSS

Week 14 - At Cinci - really bad team - WIN

Week 15 - SF - I think the league catches up with SF a decent bit but they'll fight hard and I'll give them this one as I think they'll need it more than us- LOSS

Week 16 - Philadelphia - Team avenges the earlier loss to Philly -WIN

Week 17 - At NYG - Giants want high draft picks- WIN

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
8-8 is not an unrealistic prediction.

I think this team can be as good as 12-4 and no worse than 7-9. While that's a 5-game disparity, I think that's because of the uncertainty with the transition, especially with the lost off-season for the new HC.

8-8 has us in the NFC East til the very end. But like we have been for a few years now, that might be good enough to sneak into the playoffs, it's not good enough to beat anyone when in. Even if you get the home game from winning the division, you're almost certainly drawing a very good Seattle or San Francisco team (NFC West runner up). Now 12 and 4, we possibly get a first round bye & home game, and by that time, 19 weeks into the season with McCarthy, it's a whole other ballgame.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
I think McCarthy has a two year window before things fall apart again.

I also beleive the least that Jerry will accept this season is 9-7. Anything less and both McCarthy and Dak is gone.

Jerry Jones beleives that he has all the pieces.

Sadly, Jerry ALWAYS believes he has all the pieces. Which is why we never go out and sign impact players who can get us over the hump in FA.

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
I got a bad feeling this Opt out thing is going to gain momentum and we are going to lose some guys as well..

I got a bad feeling that Demarcus Lawrence is going to sit out.
I actually think that the number of players choosing to opt out is the thing that is going to sink the season. Once the number of players deciding to take a year out has hit a high level, there will be no point in pursuing a season at all.

ghst187

Reaction score
We were .500 with less talent and JG running things. Simple competent game management, something MM will do, gets us 2-3 more wins easily. Pregame scheming and mismatch planning should add even more, also stuff JG never did