I’m fine with Garrett coming back, but next year needs to be the year

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Maybe not, but if there is one topic that has been beaten to death more then the Garrett topic, it's the Jerry topic so whats the point of it all? Pointing out the obvious is fine but Jerry is never going to change. Garrett, he might.
It’s hasn’t beaten to death if enough if we are still in the same position with Jerry who is the Root of the weed.

Garrett is just a product of our dysfunctional organization. Cut his head off and another weed or puppet will arise.

And the only solution is to dig out the Root which our fanbase hasn’t had the willpower to do yet.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I hope jerry becomes so enamored by the coasts of Italy, Greece, france, Majorca, et. al. he forgets about the cowboys.
Another false hope which will continue to deliver Jerry support however indirect it might be.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Those teams were talent driven and free agency is what ultimately screwed them up. We lost a number of key role players on those teams in free agency. Jimmy leaving certainly didn’t help but we no longer had the talent we once had.
We had enough to win at least 4 in a row and I’d argue an opportunity to win 5.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We had enough to win at least 4 in a row and I’d argue an opportunity to win 5.

We had enough to win 4 in a row but not 5 in a row. The Cowboys made it to the NFC title game four straight years from 92 to 95. The 95 team was our weakest championship team. By 96 free agency had caught up to us. We had lost a number of players including Ken Norton and Alvin Harper just to name a couple. We were clearly on the decline by 96. Our window had passed. Had Jimmy stayed and free agency not torn the team apart no telling how many Super Bowls the Cowboys could have won.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We had enough to win 4 in a row but not 5 in a row. The Cowboys made it to the NFC title game four straight years from 92 to 95. The 95 team was our weakest championship team. By 96 free agency had caught up to us. We had lost a number of players including Ken Norton and Alvin Harper just to name a couple. We were clearly on the decline by 96. Our window had passed. Had Jimmy stayed and free agency not torn the team apart no telling how many Super Bowls the Cowboys could have won.
You’re certainly entitled to your opinion but that 96 team had potential.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You’re certainly entitled to your opinion but that 96 team had potential.

The fact is we didn’t get it done in 96. We lost to a pretty average Carolina team in the divisional round. The Packers were clearly a better team than the Cowboys in 96. You can spin we could’ve or should’ve but it didn’t happen. The Cowboys haven’t gotten past the divisional round of the playoffs since 95.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The fact is we didn’t get it done in 96. We lost to a pretty average Carolina team in the divisional round. The Packers were clearly a better team than the Cowboys in 96. You can spin we could’ve or should’ve but it didn’t happen. The Cowboys haven’t gotten past the divisional round of the playoffs since 95.
Of course it didn’t happen. That’s not arguable but it can be argued if we’d had Jimmy at the helm our chances would have increased especially with the focus Jimmy would have provided.

If you recall right before that Divisional round game at Carolina we had the off field altercations with Irvin and I forget the OL name but those type of distractions simply didn’t happen with Jimmy. We could have easily gone on to face the Packers who we’d beaten the year before in championship game with much confidence. Win that win I’d like our chances back then against those Patriots in SB.

So, it’s not not that much of a stretch for that 96 team to win it all again or at least taken it further.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
But but but next year!! Yeah been hearing this for years now. We are going to waste Dak and Zeke on their rookie deals and keep proclaiming next year as the year. And it will never come. We are in a pool of mediocrity we don't know how to swim out of.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Of course it didn’t happen. That’s not arguable but it can be argued if we’d had Jimmy at the helm our chances would have increased especially with the focus Jimmy would have provided.

If you recall right before that Divisional round game at Carolina we had the off field altercations with Irvin and I forget the OL name but those type of distractions simply didn’t happen with Jimmy. We could have easily gone on to face the Packers who we’d beaten the year before in championship game with much confidence. Win that win I’d like our chances back then against those Patriots in SB.

So, it’s not not that much of a stretch for that 96 team to win it all again or at least taken it further.

Jimmy stating around certainly would’ve helped but he wasn’t going to be able to prevent players from leaving via free agency. We started losing players in free agency in 92. By 95 we lost a number of key role players. Had the Steelers had a Terry Bradshaw or a Ben Roethlisberger and not an average QB who ended up choking we might have lost that last Super Bowl in 95. Free agency is what ultimately tore our great teams apart. Everyone wanted our players and we couldn’t afford to keep everyone.

Jimmy didn’t have much success in Miami due to free agency. Go look at the list of players we lost via free agency from 92 to 96. We had trouble replacing the players we lost with quality players. We didn’t have the depth anymore. We had backups that could start for other teams and we lost them. We didn’t have the great defensive rotation we once had.