I’m not kidding we’ve Drafted 4 Pro Bowlers

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Guys I usually hate this front office and I am usually the biggest pessimist here. But I am so excited about this draft class. Vander Esch will be a Pro Bow MLB , Conor Williams will be a perennial Pro Bowl left guard. The guy is so nasty and his intelligence is off the charts. Gallup is the 2nd best route runner in this draft, breaks tackles, and has an amazing attitude. And my favorite pick Mike White. White played in 3 different systems in college and it didn’t phase him. His intelligence is incredible has amazing accuracy, and has quick reads. He will be our future Pro Bowl QB. He’s Matt Ryan guys. I’m going to have a couple cold ones tonight!

Ccijcladac

Reaction score
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder... I wanna preface my statement with that because I think it's fitting because I'm in total disagreement. I think this draft is our worst one since 12. On top of that I came away impressed by the Giants & the Skins draft haul they got. Unfortunately I think we take a back seat to them this year in the standings & that's mainly due to our complete off season. Overall grade a D+ ( d plus)

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Didn't love the Vander Esch pick, but I see the potential. Love the Williams pick. I think he's a plug and play A starter right now. I admittedly don't know much about Gallup, but everything I've read is promising. The DE is the head scratcher for me. Schultz is a day one starter too and someone I've had my eye on.

Getting Austin for a sixth is big time potential for cheap. I like it. The QB pick was unusual, but if he's a player, I'm behind it.

It's been a weird draft. It's been a weird offseason. I think they've definitely stuck to their plan and I applied them for that. Now we have to wait and see if it pays off.

We are definitely a better team than we were last year and that's what really matters.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder... I wanna preface my statement with that because I think it's fitting because I'm in total disagreement. I think this draft is our worst one since 12. On top of that I came away impressed by the Giants & the Skins draft haul they got. Unfortunately I think we take a back seat to them this year in the standings & that's mainly due to our complete off season. Overall grade a D+ ( d plus)

The Giants seem to win the offseason every year because they throw money and resources at names. It hasn't worked in their favor of late.

The Skins downgraded at QB and WR and still have question marks on both lines. Not worried about them.

The division will come down to Dallas and Philly again and I think we added the tools to be able to top them this year.

SlimBig

Reaction score
The Giants seem to win the offseason every year because they throw money and resources at names. It hasn't worked in their favor of late.

The Skins downgraded at QB and WR and still have question marks on both lines. Not worried about them.

The division will come down to Dallas and Philly again and I think we added the tools to be able to top them this year.
I'll disagree here.
I think the Giants have greatly improved their squad and the Skins have as well on defense.
The division has put an emphasis on the defensive trenches to stop the run, which is our strength.

I think the Eagles and Giants are the favorites in the East.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I'll disagree here.
I think the Giants have greatly improved their squad and the Skins have as well on defense.
The division has put an emphasis on the defensive trenches to stop the run, which is our strength.

I think the Eagles and Giants are the favorites in the East.

I just don't see how the Giants did enough to jump us. The only way that makes sense is if you don't think we improved at all, which we did.

Eagles are definitely still the class on the NFCE though.

Ccijcladac

Reaction score

Well bum I'm not the one to take up for no darn giants & skins but I don't think you evaluated them properly & u may have over valued Us.
This off season for the giants they haven't been big spenders in FA, they drated really well. In my evaluation of college football they took players I coveted for us to take in our draft. The skins too wit getting DT Tim Settle
You said both sides of the line they downgraded. Well they added a 1st round defensive tackle to what they got in last year's draft which was a 1st round defensive tackle, along with Settle & whom they have coming back from injury most specifically Matt Iaonnidis I think ur being a homer saying their questionable on that side& their offense line is just as talented with them having multiple pro bowl players on there as well so that's an opinion by u that I don't think is fair& if u think their WR core is a downgrade, idk why when all they did was replace an underachieving player in Terrell Pryor with a ascending & better player in Paul Richardson in FA they still have their core they had& our receiving core is not dramatically better so like I said I respect ur p.o.v, I just think ur being like other Cowboys fans always thinking ur groceries are somehow better than others because u may shop @ a different market.
Look@ the other teams in our division off season, look@ their drafts...u are mistaken to think we're markedly better. You have to know ur competition Tex-bum, come on man ur smarter than that.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Well bum I'm not the one to take up for no darn giants & skins but I don't think you evaluated them properly & u may have over valued Us.
This off season for the giants they haven't been big spenders in FA, they drated really well. In my evaluation of college football they took players I coveted for us to take in our draft. The skins too wit getting DT Tim Settle
You said both sides of the line they downgraded. Well they added a 1st round defensive tackle to what they got in last year's draft which was a 1st round defensive tackle, along with Settle & whom they have coming back from injury most specifically Matt Iaonnidis I think ur being a homer saying their questionable on that side& their offense line is just as talented with them having multiple pro bowl players on there as well so that's an opinion by u that I don't think is fair& if u think their WR core is a downgrade, idk why when all they did was replace an underachieving player in Terrell Pryor with a ascending & better player in Paul Richardson in FA they still have their core they had& our receiving core is not dramatically better so like I said I respect ur p.o.v, I just think ur being like other Cowboys fans always thinking ur groceries are somehow better than others because u may shop @ a different market.
Look@ the other teams in our division off season, look@ their drafts...u are mistaken to think we're markedly better. You have to know ur competition Tex-bum, come on man ur smarter than that.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, but when one of the first things you say is wrong I tend to stop reading. I didn't say they downgraded on both lines, I said they downgraded at QB and WR.

You also may want to do some research. I've historically been one of the most harsh critics of our moves around here. You sound like yet another person who fell in love with some names and hasn't even bothered to consider how we've improved or how who we got fits.

You've got grass is greener syndrome just like so many others. The Cowboys addressed every issue with this team and improved everywhere they really needed to.

The biggest issues with this team last year were OL depth (fixed), poor coverage by the linebackers (addressed). Not everything has to be addressed with bug names. Just ask the Patriots. The Cowboys are better than the Giants and honestly, it's not close.

The Giants had to improve just to be as good as the Cowboys were LAST year. They improved. Good for them, so did we.

visionary

Reaction score

:laugh: Looks like you've already had your fair share of cold ones buddy

Mobinvans

Reaction score
Williams was really the only pick i thought was "ok"

LVE seems like a pretty big gamble to me, i guess we will find out right

Techsass

Reaction score
Williams was really the only pick i thought was "ok"

LVE seems like a pretty big gamble to me, i guess we will find out right
Maybe, but we needed to address LB & OL. Much better chance of finding a good OL in the 2nd round.

4th_and_short

Reaction score
LVE has the potential and Williams should be a great player on the Line for a while.

I get the Gallup pick. Don’t know much about him but I’ll wait to see him in action to judge.

The DE project pick in the 4th and a backup QB in the 5th :huh:

The FO clearly plans on sticking with Dak so they used a 5th just to bring in some competition at the backup spot? Dumb. Rush was pretty nice in the pre season last year so I really don’t understand the thinking there.

The OLB in the 6th looks pretty nice though. Good addition.

Ccijcladac

Reaction score
I'm not trying to be argumentative, but when one of the first things you say is wrong I tend to stop reading. I didn't say they downgraded on both lines, I said they downgraded at QB and WR.

You also may want to do some research. I've historically been one of the most harsh critics of our moves around here. You sound like yet another person who fell in love with some names and hasn't even bothered to consider how we've improved or how who we got fits.

You've got grass is greener syndrome just like so many others. The Cowboys addressed every issue with this team and improved everywhere they really needed to.

The biggest issues with this team last year were OL depth (fixed), poor coverage by the linebackers (addressed). Not everything has to be addressed with bug names. Just ask the Patriots. The Cowboys are better than the Giants and honestly, it's not close.

The Giants had to improve just to be as good as the Cowboys were LAST year. They improved. Good for them, so did we.
No I'm definitely not being argumentative, that's not my goal. Im just differenteratin opinions that we're speaking to. Like ur opinion we're good by ur statement " they had to improve just to be as good as the Cowboys last year" I don't think we were good last year.i also think they had catastrophic injuries that led to them not being so good. Jive-like us in 2015. They were a playoff team the year before whom as u said spent a ton of money in FA on the defensive side of the ball only to be awarded as a Top defense,a playoff berth& Favorites over Us to win the division before this slew of injuries. So u see the disconnect, we're looking at things from a different view(evaluations). Your view is homerism, it's not wrong but that's what it is. My evaluations are we were not good. What good team did we beat last year that symbolizes we're good besides that win@the end of the season when u played Philly's bench. We wet the bed against anybody that was a good team, even getting blown out by a 5-11 broncos team so as I said earlier ur over evaluating US(cowboys) just like the majority of us Cowboys fans do& there's no one wrong or right. As I said previously; it's in the eyes of the beholder. We'renot just better because we say we're better. That mentality is part of the reason why we can't win 2 playoff games in a given year but somehow Nick Foles& Case Kennum can but yet we're somehow better...why?!? Because we're the Cowboys. That mentality must be driven out the psyche of cowboy fans. It's debilitating..

zerofill

Reaction score
The FO clearly plans on sticking with Dak so they used a 5th just to bring in some competition at the backup spot?

I think the thing with White was that his draft summary talks about how good his arm talent is. Supposedly exceptional at baseball as well, with 90+ mph fastballs. But, he apparently had such poor protection, that he couldn't showcase it much. I am just going by his draft profile though, I don't remember ever seeing him play. I just assume that went into the decision. Now we can look at it multiple ways. They either want a competition at backup, or they want something to fall back on in case Dak still has issues. Who knows what they were thinking.