I’m obviously in the minority and in a big way

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
But I think the Cowboys are being underrated by not only the Zoners here, that’s to be expected as they’re miserable ignorant couch potatoes, but also by the national media talking heads. And I LOVE it!

Everyone is trashing them because of Tyron Smith’s injury. But Smith missed 6 games last year and was limited in a couple of others. Yet the Cowboys won 12 games.

Everyone is trashing them because they lost Amari Cooper. Yet Cooper only had 68 receptions for 865 yards and the Cowboys won 12 games.

Everyone is trashing them because Elliot who played with a torn PCL only had 1,002 yards and a 4.2 ypc average. No one is giving him, and the team, credit for being healthy.

No one is giving them credit for having a very deep TE depth.

Everyone is trashing them because Gallup is injured. Yet he may play in game 2 or 3.

No one is giving them credit for improving their defense and instead crapping on them for letting Gregory go. The defense has arguably the best defensive player in the NFL in Parsons. He’s a game changer. He’s in the elite status like Donald.

They got beat in the playoffs by the 49’ers because of their lack of run defense. But no one is acknowledging that Bohanna is better, that Gallimore is back from injury, that the DE’s have great depth, that the LB’ers are better and have more depth, that the CB’s are better and have more depth, that the Safeties are better and have more depth.

No one is giving them credit for having a dynamic punt and kickoff return man.

All the habitual Debbie Downers here and in the media are saying the Cowboys have no chance to reach the Super Bowl much less win the NFC East.

But I’m here to tell you, and there are some others who agree with me, that don’t sleep on this team. Every Super Bowl team needs the breaks to turn their way. All of them. If the Cowboys get those breaks, avoid the serious injuries to key players, this team can go all the way.

You band wagoners are not going to get any slack once you jump on. It’s now or never.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Just getting Gallimore back and Bohanna improving doesn’t automatically fix the run defense.

The NFL is about competition. 50% of competition is what you bring to the table, and 50% is about your opponent. Everyone has players they’re excited for, everyone thinks they’re awesome in August. DT has been a thorn in Dallas’s side for the better part of 30 years; Their current solution is throwing mid to late draft picks at it and hoping for the best. Very few teams have invested less in the position.

How many teams in the NFL would Gallimore start for? 20? 15? Less?

How many teams would Gallimore be their best DT?
10? 5? Less?

How many teams would both start for, other than Dallas? Any?
Not everyone can be great at run D.

People are acknowledging Bohanna is better, Gallimore is back. What does that mean? Hopefulness wishes it means they’ll become a stout combo. But to say it’s already happened isn’t particularly truthful.

Last edited:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
But I think the Cowboys are being underrated by not only the Zoners here, that’s to be expected as they’re miserable ignorant couch potatoes, but also by the national media talking heads. And I LOVE it!

Everyone is trashing them because of Tyron Smith’s injury. But Smith missed 6 games last year and was limited in a couple of others. Yet the Cowboys won 12 games.

Everyone is trashing them because they lost Amari Cooper. Yet Cooper only had 68 receptions for 865 yards and the Cowboys won 12 games.

Everyone is trashing them because Elliot who played with a torn PCL only had 1,002 yards and a 4.2 ypc average. No one is giving him, and the team, credit for being healthy.

Everyone is trashing them because Gallup is injured. Yet he may play in game 2 or 3.

No one is giving them credit for improving their defense and instead crapping on them for letting Gregory go. The defense has arguably the best defensive player in the NFL in Parsons. He’s a game changer. He’s in the elite status like Donald.

They got beat in the playoffs by the 49’ers because of their lack of run defense. But no one is acknowledging that Bohanna is better, that Gallimore is back from injury, that the DE’s have great depth, that the LB’ers are better and have more depth, that the CB’s are better and have more depth, that the Safeties are better and have more depth.

All the habitual Debbie Downers here and in the media are saying the Cowboys have no chance to reach the Super Bowl much less win the NFC East.

But I’m here to tell you, and there are some others who agree with me, that don’t sleep on this team. Every Super Bowl team needs the breaks to turn their way. All of them. If the Cowboys get those breaks, avoid the serious injuries to key players, this team can go all the way.

You band wagoners are not going to get any slack once you jump on. It’s now or never.

Mickey, I have been wondering where you were.
I will see you at Jerry's Razerback reunion where you can do your impression of Jimmy sniveling.

CCBoy

Reaction score

I have to agree on level of potential and grit accumulated.There is definitely talent and growing.

I''m not ready to label their offensive talent as top shelf, and this Cowboys team needs to grogress this season for that neighborhood come playoffs. That won't be suddenly arriving affair.

I like most of the available talent levels on defense. A couple key injuries and they return to trying to stay in ball games.

For this fan, let me see what they do with Parker, not potential...and how quickly they integrate him in functionally, before I get some water to bless them with.

Up front, this fan is already looking forward to some real Dallas football returning as well as enough real excitement for this fan to stay interested...

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
I'm cheering for the Cowboys and hoping for the best as I do every season, and I can do it without referring to everyone that does not agree with me as ignorant.

:laugh: At ease Gomer Pyle :laugh:
Thank you. Because that's the way to go. I'd never put a homer (or anyone for that matter) on ignore just because I have a different opinion. That's ridiculous. Just like a small kid playing hide and seek by just hiding his eyes behind his hands. Never understood the concept of putting people on ignore anyway.

After 26 years I just don't have to advance trust in the Cowboys anymore. It's up to them to regain it by winning play off games (plural, as in "more than one"). And until that happens I'll let others ride the optimism train and respect them for it.

Last edited:

Hadenough

Reaction score

We here this every year! I'm in the show me prove it camp.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Dallas has 3 playoff wins and no NFC Championship appearances in 25 years. I would say that the forum isn't overly pessimistic in light of that.

I'll always root for the Cowboys and I'm excited to see the defense but overall I don't think this is a fantastic NFL team. Hopefully I'm wrong and we get #6 this year but I'm not going to run anyone into the ground who isn't planning on that happening.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I’m always in “anything can happen” belief. If a certain amount of things fall right. The cowboys could be very good again.

All that being said. I still reserve the right to use my critical thinking skills to assess the cowboys FO, their decision making and roster moves. Always.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think the team is under estimated also. However, I am in a ... show me on the field ...mode also.

Every year some, many, fans on here and the media suck up to the Eagles, and every year they been a failure as much if not more than Dallas. Except one year of course. I guess that gets them a pass since they sucked since that SB. If Dallas won a SB, then the same fans and media would rag on them as usual for the next 4 years not as good performances. Instead of slobbering all over them as they do the Eagles.
My point there is this team is still better than the Eagles. But the games must be played. But they do a double standard against them.

Anyway, show me on the field and in the playoffs. I am a positive fan, but I also can criticize. Go and prove you are a contender.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
At the end of the day fans wish the best for their teams but when it has been 25+ years since any success then fans understandably get a bit pessimistic. However, name calling them within the first sentence or two of a post sort of negates any genuine point one is trying to make.

That said, time will tell how Dallas fairs this season and all we can do is go from week to week.