I agree with our inactivity in FA so far

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I like him as a player, but doesn't he get injured a lot?
Yes. That being said perhaps a change of scenery will help. McFadden was the same way and stayed healthy at first. Maybe give Cobb a year or 2 contract and see how it goes. Seems like a Cowboys deal as the deal would most likely be cheap.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Maybe but if you are going to go all in and atleast attempt to make a run at the SB now would be the time to do it.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I think it's a myth that it "seldom" works. What is this based off of, that it doesn't bring Super Bowl trophies? Been a few teams the past few seasons that have gone big in FA and got a Super Bowl.

If it's based off single player performance, obviously, it will be as hit and miss as the draft.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
It's not so much the "inactivity" in throwing around foolish money as it is going through the motion of showing the fan base that the effort in TRYING to improve the team..............laying the beach in the Bahamas during this week every year doesn't show that..........and YES they do owe the fan base this.......he would not have taken another franchise without the history and popularity of the Cowboys from 1.55 million to 5 billion.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
So far. A couple of nice mid tier FA's would be nice, now that the feeding frenzy has ended.

Overpaying right at the start of FA seldom works out.

Get me some combination of(in order if preference)

SWT: Ty Nsekhe, Parnell, Veldheer
WR: Tavon Austin
TE: Demetrius Harris since we already have developmental TEs I don't want a 3rd from the draft and TEs take forever to develop.
Edge: Shaq Barrett or Dion Jordan
DT: Shelton
SS: HHCD or Phillips and let's boogir

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Also, Cobb is slow as heck these days. We already have Witten slowing down this offense.
Speed isn't everything just look at John Ross. While i agree speed is very important and much needed route running and hands should come first. Cobb isn't slow but isn't a burner. Maybe a draft pick would be better but i wouldn't have a problem with Cobb working behind Cooper and Gallup. Main thing with him is health and that would drive his price down.

kskboys

Reaction score
I think it's a myth that it "seldom" works. What is this based off of, that it doesn't bring Super Bowl trophies? Been a few teams the past few seasons that have gone big in FA and got a Super Bowl.

If it's based off single player performance, obviously, it will be as hit and miss as the draft.
It only works if you're one or two players away.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Speed isn't everything just look at John Ross. While i agree speed is very important and much needed route running and hands should come first. Cobb isn't slow but isn't a burner. Maybe a draft pick would be better but i wouldn't have a problem with Cobb working behind Cooper and Gallup. Main thing with him is health and that would drive his price down.

I don't think speed is everything - however, there is still a certain level of speed a player must have to make it in this league and be productive.

Cobb has been significantly declining every year, despite having Rodgers, due to his speed. He'll be out of the league soon - he looks like Reggie Wayne on his last year. He couldn't run anymore and neither can Cobb. We can do better.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
As a fan, it feels great. I love that the organization is inactive, and that they don't even care to acknowledge FA until the bargain bin phase kicks in. Hey, look at the bright side: we probably have enough talent to "compete" again. That's the measure of success in Dallas. All a Jones has to do is pop up after a wasted season and say, "We're REALLY serious next year!" All is good.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Philly is the only one

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I don't think speed is everything - however, there is still a certain level of speed a player must have to make it in this league and be productive.

Cobb has been significantly declining every year, despite having Rodgers, due to his speed. He'll be out of the league soon - he looks like Reggie Wayne on his last year. He couldn't run anymore and neither can Cobb. We can do better.
I agree with you that we could do better, at TE as well.