I am wondering if suspended players think they will not get tested

eyedoc

Reaction score
i was looking at the week one suspensions throughout the nfl. I am wondering if these players do not think they will get tested, do they think they can outsmart the testing process, or are they just to dumb and think they will pass no matter what. I believe all players are subject to random testing throughout the year because of the collective bargain agreement between the nfl and the players association. These players will be missing game day checks which could be huge money depending on who the player is. Do the teams get to keep that salary or does it go to the league as a sort of penalty? In Irving’s case I just think he does not give a darn about missing the time and the money! What are you alls thoughts on this league wide problem? Go Cowboys

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i was looking at the week one suspensions throughout the nfl. I am wondering if these players do not think they will get tested, do they think they can outsmart the testing process, or are they just to dumb and think they will pass no matter what. I believe all players are subject to random testing throughout the year because of the collective bargain agreement between the nfl and the players association. These players will be missing game day checks which could be huge money depending on who the player is. Do the teams get to keep that salary or does it go to the league as a sort of penalty? In Irving’s case I just think he does not give a darn about missing the time and the money! What are you alls thoughts on this league wide problem? Go Cowboys

The teams keep money not paid due to suspension.

Fine money goes to the league and is then donated to two charitys that help ex-players that have hardships:
NFL Player Care Foundation
and
The Gene Upshaw Players Association's Player Assistance Trust.

Flamma

Reaction score

As far as recreational drug testing goes, I believe any player can be randomly tested once a season. But that's it.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
As far as recreational drug testing goes, I believe any player can be randomly tested once a season. But that's it.
It's not really random. They get tested as a team or as a position group once from April 20th through August something. They are notified in advance of the test so there is really no reason for them to fail. They just need to abstain from using for a period of time to ensure they will test clean. After passing the test, they are free to use all the recreational drugs they want as long as they don't get busted by the law. I've heard NFL experts talk about how players will have "smoke parties" to celebrate the night of their annual drug test because they are free to light up again.

Players are subject to random drug test for PEDs year round.

Flamma

Reaction score
It's not really random. They get tested as a team or as a position group once from April 20th through August something. They are notified in advance of the test so there is really no reason for them to fail. They just need to abstain from using for a period of time to ensure they will test clean. After passing the test, they are free to use all the recreational drugs they want as long as they don't get busted by the law. I've heard NFL experts talk about how players will have "smoke parties" to celebrate the night of their annual drug test because they are free to light up again.

Players are subject to random drug test for PEDs year round.

Ok thanks for that. A friend of mine explained all of this to me awhile back at work but I forgot most of the details. But I knew it was a one time deal, then have at it! I really didn't know how the PED testing worked, but I figured it was separate.