I believe the whole band is coming back-offense

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
After hearing MM's comments during this week; not changing the verbage of the calls, allowing Kellen Moore is continue calling the plays, in my opinion, the offense most likely will stay intact. There will no be a major overhaul at all, more of tweaking the unit.

I fully expect all the offensive fa's to return: Dak, Copper, Cobb, Jarwin. We are all not sure about Witten at this time, but many of us believe he is more of a progress stopper at this point. Perhaps the team adds a veteran TE if he departs, might use a draft pick to help the depth at the position.

MM has used a traditional FB in the past, that's a position to keep our eye on. I would like to see the team add a big, possession/red zone type of receiver, who knows if they want such a player for the offense.

Point is the offense personnel isn't changing, at least for next season. They may look to overhaul the other two units, but it's not happening here!

Its going to be changed to a west coast offense. The TE position needs to be overhauled. Jarwin is more of a WR than a TE. I would rather see them move on from Cobb and get more speed like what KC does.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The verbiage better change as the Clown is now the OC of the Gnats. Also, Witten should be the backup at this point, Jarwin should start. It would be nice additions to get a bruising BA fullback and a big bodied WR for the endzone. ST needs a complete overhaul, and we need serious defensive line improvements and a top safety would be a plus.

Jarwin is a big liability in the run game. Teams like SF and he Ravens have 3 quality TE's that can run block. These guys are as important as Olineman in the run game.

Some of you guys see a few nice plays in the passing game by Jarwin and think he is a great TE. He is about as bad as it gets blocking.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
After hearing MM's comments during this week; not changing the verbage of the calls, allowing Kellen Moore is continue calling the plays, in my opinion, the offense most likely will stay intact. There will no be a major overhaul at all, more of tweaking the unit.

I fully expect all the offensive fa's to return: Dak, Copper, Cobb, Jarwin. We are all not sure about Witten at this time, but many of us believe he is more of a progress stopper at this point. Perhaps the team adds a veteran TE if he departs, might use a draft pick to help the depth at the position.

MM has used a traditional FB in the past, that's a position to keep our eye on. I would like to see the team add a big, possession/red zone type of receiver, who knows if they want such a player for the offense.

Point is the offense personnel isn't changing, at least for next season. They may look to overhaul the other two units, but it's not happening here!
I don’t think keeping same verbiage necessarily means they’re not going to be changes on the offense. The fact is that they just don’t need major changes on offense.

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
Jarwin is a big liability in the run game. Teams like SF and he Ravens have 3 quality TE's that can run block. These guys are as important as Olineman in the run game.

Some of you guys see a few nice plays in the passing game by Jarwin and think he is a great TE. He is about as bad as it gets blocking.
I can agree about the need for a run blocking TE. Witten is still pretty good blocking, but slowing down big time. I'm a Witten fan, and have a football signed by him, but he still can't get past the first down marker in his route. He always seems to be a yard short.

I really haven't seen enough of Jarwin in the run game. Perhaps something the coaches need to work with him on. I really like him in the pass game.

tm1119

Reaction score
I still think an upgrade at TE should be looked into. I’ll take Jarwin as a good 2nd TE. He’s a good down field threat and can make a play in space, but I’m not sure he’s the type of guy that is going to run a crisp route and make a tough catch in traffic on 3rd and 8. Plus his blocking leads some to be desired. Maybe he can develop more, but Schultz I have very little faith in ever becoming anything. Competition never hurts either.

And we definitely need to draft a WR in the 3rd/4th round range of find a decent cheap vet. Get outta here with this Noah Brown and Devin Smith nonsense.