I bought a new TV

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Didn’t want to start a new TV thread, so.....

I went to Best Buy today for a printer and only came out with another TV. They have a Memorial Day sale going on and I couldn’t pass it up for another bedroom.

I got a 58” Samsung 4K UHD for $549. It is a good deal and letting yas know. There are some other good prices as well.

The wife wasn’t happy but she is getting over it :lmao:

Kevinicus

Reaction score

I went to Best Buy today for a printer and only came out with another TV. They have a Memorial Day sale going on and I couldn’t pass it up for another bedroom.

I got a 58” Samsung 4K UHD for $549. It is a good deal and letting yas know. There are some other good prices as well.

That would not go over well after I spent $6k on a mew projector a few months ago.

And I'd probably go for the $3k tv.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I know my limits, anything over 1K without asking might be a deathwish! :omg:

I almost did the projector without "asking." I put a little bit away from every paycheck for a while. Before making the order, I decided it was probably a good idea to let her know my plans. She rolled her eyes and wasn't happy, but she didn't say no, so I took that as a green light. :D

Still don't think she's too thrilled about it, though.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
I have been looking. The 80" Samsung was calling my name but probably wont go down that road. Wife sees nothing wrong with the 60" Panasonic plasma we have had for 8 years. Of course she does not wear clothes from 8 years ago so why put up with an old TV even it looks as good as the first day we bought it. I need to sabotage it. If I unplug it and I could tell her picture went out. Technically I would not be lying.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I have a 55" that I never watch. I couldn't even imagine needing anything bigger than that. Freaking 80"? WTH?

I already have a problem with the edges being black because the Star Trek series were filmed in 4x3 aspect ratio! lol

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I was checking out the prices at PC Richard online today, coincidentally enough, and seriously thinking about it, even though a new TV is about the last thing I need. But the prices are really good.

1LoyalCowboyFan

Reaction score

Nice, hope you enjoy it. I got the OLED65C8PUA from LG. Best tv I’ve ever had. If you see this under $2,200 get it. Oh and get the apple 4k tv so Dolby vision takes over for all steaming apps.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Figthin' the urge for a bigger screen and have no need for one larger than 65" but saw the 82" and it's been working on me.

"Go big and stay home".
82?!! Do you park the car in the living room, roll down the window half way and hang the audio box on it...... ;0)