I could see Tank getting traded for a top 10 pick in the draft

Flamma

Reaction score
I'd happily take a 20s pick and get Dexter Lawrence with it followed by Zach Allen with our 58 pick. That'd give us a monster 1 tech and a monster DE with our first 2 picks.

Yes. An excellent plan. I just don't think Allen is dropping from early 2nd to late second. But anything can happen.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Yes. An excellent plan. I just don't think Allen is dropping from early 2nd to late second. But anything can happen.

Hmm, that may be, but I hope that Allen can fall to us at 58. Talk about a brilliant way to replace Demarcus Lawrence. Trade him, get a Dexter Lawrence and Zach Allen instead. 2 great players for the price of 1.

Flamma

Reaction score
Hmm, that may be, but I hope that Allen can fall to us at 58. Talk about a brilliant way to replace Demarcus Lawrence. Trade him, get a Dexter Lawrence and Zach Allen instead. 2 great players for the price of 1.

This is all provided we can get a late first rounder for Tank. Sounds good to me.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
This is all provided we can get a late first rounder for Tank. Sounds good to me.

Or, even a early 2nd. I think a late 2nd for Tank might give us the ability to maneuver into a late 1st. Either way, I think we can do it if we can move Tank. I also saw that we might move Jourdan Lewis and/or Byron Jones on another thread. That would give us good ammo to move into the late 1st. CBs are quite easy to find. If I recall rightly, Richard Sherman was a 4th rounder. However, if we can get Lawrence and Allen in our first 2 picks, it won't matter much what CB we get with the pressure the QB will be under. Oh, and Dexter is a massive 1 tech, so he'll be a handful for run blockers too. So, either way, I'm not all that fussed how we get Dexter Lawrence and Zach Allen. I just really hope we can pull that off. If Jerry can pull that off, then he's a better magician than David Blaine.

Last edited:

Flamma

Reaction score
Or, even a late 2nd. I think a late 2nd for Tank might give us the ability to maneuver into a late 1st. Either way, I think we can do it if we can move Tank. I also saw that we might move Jourdan Lewis and/or Byron Jones on another thread. That would give us good ammo to move into the late 1st. CBs are quite easy to find. If I recall rightly, Richard Sherman was a 4th rounder. However, if we can get Lawrence and Allen in our first 2 picks, it won't matter much what CB we get with the pressure the QB will be under. Oh, and Dexter is a massive 1 tech, so he'll be a handful for run blockers too. So, either way, I'm not all that fussed how we get Dexter Lawrence and Zach Allen. I just really hope we can pull that off. If Jerry can pull that off, then he's a better magician than David Blaine.

No way to get both with 2 late seconds. That would make it much harder to trade up for Dexter while still keeping one of the 2nd rounders. But yeah, there is Byron too. I just doubt we trade him.

Like I mentioned in a different thread, at this point Tank is pricing himself off the team. His demands are making and creating scenarios just like the one you're proposing. And it's making it look a lot better than keeping tank for 6 years averaging 23.3 mil a year.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
No way to get both with 2 late seconds. That would make it much harder to trade up for Dexter while still keeping one of the 2nd rounders. But yeah, there is Byron too. I just doubt we trade him.

Like I mentioned in a different thread, at this point Tank is pricing himself off the team. His demands are making and creating scenarios just like the one you're proposing. And it's making it look a lot better than keeping tank for 6 years averaging 23.3 mil a year.

Sorry, I meant a high 2nd. If we have a high 2nd as I meant to type, then we would be able to maneuver easily to get Dexter.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Or, even a early 2nd. I think a late 2nd for Tank might give us the ability to maneuver into a late 1st. Either way, I think we can do it if we can move Tank. I also saw that we might move Jourdan Lewis and/or Byron Jones on another thread. That would give us good ammo to move into the late 1st. CBs are quite easy to find. If I recall rightly, Richard Sherman was a 4th rounder. However, if we can get Lawrence and Allen in our first 2 picks, it won't matter much what CB we get with the pressure the QB will be under. Oh, and Dexter is a massive 1 tech, so he'll be a handful for run blockers too. So, either way, I'm not all that fussed how we get Dexter Lawrence and Zach Allen. I just really hope we can pull that off. If Jerry can pull that off, then he's a better magician than David Blaine.

Edited this because I meant to say early second here.

Flamma

Reaction score
Yes. He could actually fall to early 2nd. I wonder if the Cowboys are considering any of this, or are they just assuming things will work itself out?

Dalmations202

Reaction score
I am with you. Give me Lawrence and Allen and then in the 4th take D Mack, and find a S/CB in the third and call it a draft. Use the other 4th, Tank, the 5th and 7th to get these players.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Yes. He could actually fall to early 2nd. I wonder if the Cowboys are considering any of this, or are they just assuming things will work itself out?

I hope so. Dexter Lawrence would change the entire dynamic of this defence.

Last edited:

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I am with you. Give me Lawrence and Allen and then in the 4th take D Mack, and find a S/CB in the third and call it a draft. Use the other 4th, Tank, the 5th and 7th to get these players.

Hmm, my plan is to get Lawrence, Allen, and Oshane Ximines in round 3. That gives us a completely overhauled dline in one draft. Then, in round 4, I'd get Marvel Tell. If we can manage to get a high 2nd for Dlaw like, say, the Raiders 2nd that I was eyeing up yesterday (though, I'd happily take the Raiders 1st that we gave them for Cooper). Then, I'd use our 2nd and probably other 4th to get into the 1st to get Dexter. Then, I use the 7th to get the WR from Hawaii that I'm always on about. Now, if we somehow manage to persuade the Raiders to surrender the pick we gave them for Cooper for Demarcus Lawrence, then I'd draft this way:

1. Dexter Lawrence DT Clemson
2. Allen DE Boston College
3. Ximines DE Old Dominion
4a. Tell S USC
4b. Kevin Givens (6'1" and 285 lbs) DT Penn State to play 3T for us:
5. Darrell Henderson RB Memphis to backup Zeke
7. John Ursua WR Hawaii

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
It's actually within reach. Just got to get that pick and hope defense is on their mind.

Agreed. And I dunno what's the matter with my typing today haha. I do hope that the Cowboys have Dexter in mind for this year. As stated, he changes the defence with how lethal he is. He's EXACTLY what this defence needs. Solid 1 tech, massive player, surprising speed for his size, and just an absolute dread to run against.