I didn't get to see post on the Zone when the eagles won the SB and wanted to know

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
how was everyone feeling? I was in the hospital during the superbowl and was so depressed once they beat the Pats. Were a lot of the posters upset? I just have this feeling they will end up winning it again and may just make me wanna puke. I am guessing a lot of posters were happy the pats lost? I mean none of else thought the eagles would actually win a freaking SB and I still can't believe it.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
I knew the outcome would be ugly no matter what. If Patriots won, they would have gotten 6 titles, and if the Eagles won - well, yeah. Patriots winning 6 titles would have irked Steelers fans, at least.

But I like Pederson, Foles and Wentz and so them winning was OK. didn't like the rest of the Eagles winning, but too bad.

The Patriots have this annoying habit of beating teams in the Super Bowl when I want them to lose, and losing when I want them to win. They beat the Panthers, Rams, Seahawks and Falcons, but lost to the Giants and Eagles.

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
I knew the outcome would be ugly no matter what. If Patriots won, they would have gotten 6 titles, and if the Eagles won - well, yeah. Patriots winning 6 titles would have irked Steelers fans, at least.

But I like Pederson, Foles and Wentz and so them winning was OK. didn't like the rest of the Eagles winning, but too bad.

The Patriots have this annoying habit of beating teams in the Super Bowl when I want them to lose, and losing when I want them to win. They beat the Panthers, Rams, Seahawks and Falcons, but lost to the Giants and Eagles.

i thought i would never see a eagles sb in my lifetime

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
I was OK with them winning one.

Now let them wait another 60 or 70 years for their next one.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
I was rooting for them against the sickening Patriots, so I was pretty happy.

My views don't make a lot of sense, to be honest. I hate seeing other NFCE teams in the SB and I will only root for them in special circumstances (like last year), but I'm actually okay in the end with the Lombardi Trophy going to the NFCE. Dallas is the greatest team in the greatest division and that's a good thing.

Here's my ranking and rationale for who to root for in the SB:

Obviously:
1. Cowboys

Spread the wealth:
2-6. NFC teams that have never won (DET, ARI, CAR, ATL, MIN)
7-13. AFC teams that have never won (JAC, HOU, CLE, TEN, LAC, CIN, BUF)
14-18. NFC teams that have only won once (TB, NO, CHI, SEA, LAR)
19-20. AFC teams that have only won once (NYJ, KCC)
21-23. AFC teams that have won twice (BAL, IND, MIA)
24-25. AFC teams that have won three times (OAK, DEN)

NFCE teams that won't catch us in SB wins:
26. Eagles
27. Commanders

Teams that would catch us in SB wins, in order of hatred:
28. Packers
29. Giants

Teams that have already caught us in SB wins, in order of hatred:
30. 49ers
31. Steelers
32. Patriots

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i thought i would never see a eagles sb in my lifetime
Philadelphia's chances of winning a Super Bowl grew as their number of appearances increased. Winning the title was a matter of when and likely sooner rather than later. I think folks in Minnesota and Buffalo rue the Eagles' eventual good fortune more than most but their franchises' opportunity of winning it all is only a matter of time also.

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
I've accepted that NE is the best of this era. I don't mind if they get the titles to prove it.

Philly on the other hand is Philly and I never wanted them to win a damn thing.

cml750

Reaction score
I hate the Eagles with a passion however I was hoping their win would show Jerry what a coaching change can do for a team. Pederson taking over the dumpster fire left by Chip Kelly and turning it around quickly was proof positive that a process does not take nearly a decade to pay dividends rather a process either works or it doesn't.

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
I hate the Eagles with a passion however I was hoping their win would show Jerry what a coaching change can do for a team. Pederson taking over the dumpster fire left by Chip Kelly and turning it around quickly was proof positive that a process does not take nearly a decade to pay dividends rather a process either works or it doesn't.

I tried closing my eyes and thinking of a scenario where they go to New Orleans and win tonight and I just can't see it. The Saints not only have a good QB and running game, but their defense plays well at home too.

BTW: a true hater of the eagles would never root for them to win a SB

cml750

Reaction score
I tried closing my eyes and thinking of a scenario where they go to New Orleans and win tonight and I just can't see it. The Saints not only have a good QB and running game, but their defense plays well at home too.

BTW: a true hater of the eagles would never root for them to win a SB
Who said I rooted for the Eagles? I hated both teams and rooted for a tie last year. There was no team that could have won that would have made me happy but someone had to win. Since the Eagles did win, I was simply hoping it might wake Jerry up even though I knew it wouldn't. It has become very obvious he would rather be comfortable than hire a real coach and try to win it all.

Irregardless if the Eagles win today they have hardware in this century while all we have is memories. A big part of that was hiring a coach to put it all together. Wake me when our coach's "process" pays any real dividends other than fools gold.

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
Who said I rooted for the Eagles? I hated both teams and rooted for a tie last year. There was no team that could have won that would have made me happy but someone had to win. Since the Eagles did win, I was simply hoping it might wake Jerry up even though I knew it wouldn't. It has become very obvious he would rather be comfortable than hire a real coach and try to win it all.

Irregardless if the Eagles win today they have hardware in this century while all we have is memories. A big part of that was hiring a coach to put it all together. Wake me when our coach's "process" pays any real dividends other than fools gold.

You right the damage is already done. But it wasn't the goofy coach it was the genius of the Eagles GM.

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
I wasn't upset. The Giants winning two was far more painful to watch.

The Giants are my absolute least favorite team....when they won it all in '07, it was the most depressed I've felt due to the outcome of a football game....It was painful knowing that we were absolutely the better team, and beat them twice in the regular season.

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
I wasn't upset. The Giants winning two was far more painful to watch.

The Giants are my absolute least favorite team....when they won it all in '07, it was the most depressed I've felt due to the outcome of a football game....It was painful knowing that we were absolutely the better team, and beat them twice in the regular season.

but the eagles were the more dominant team in the nfc east since 2000