I do not see any difference between that play and the Dez play in 2014 *merged*

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Oh lord, here we go. Here's the difference. Dez jumped up to highpoint the ball and Ertz caught the ball while on his feet taking 3 steps and then executed a proper lunge/reach. Dez did not do the last part so the going to the ground rule applied. Just stop.

romothesavior

Reaction score
Oh lord, here we go. Here's the difference. Dez jumped up to highpoint the ball and Ertz caught the ball while on his feet taking 3 steps and then executed a proper lunge/reach. Dez did not do the last part so the going to the ground rule applied. Just stop.
Dez took multiple steps and lunged forward. What the hell are you talking about

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Dez took multiple steps and lunged forward. What the hell are you talking about

After skying high to catch the ball and coming down to the ground with each step. He had possession, 2 feet but did not make the football move that would have undone the going to the ground rule. There was no lunge. He intended it but did not execute. Therefore, once the ball hit the ground and came loose, there was no catch. There are rules that govern this.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
You know I could respect it more if the league just admitted they screwed up the Dez call. They refuse to. How that was a catch and Dez's wasn't makes no sense.

Are people not paying attention to Dez and Ertz' positioning when they grabbed the ball? How are people not seeing the difference that makes all the difference?

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I agree - it was the exact same scenario. Clear catch and then lunging to the goal line.

Both were catches. We were on the wrong side of both calls. What an abortion of a season.

LOL. Not sure how "we" got on the side of a game between the Pats and Eagles but they very clearly were not "the exact same scenario." Where did they each grab the ball in their respective catches? Think. Dez was in the air and Ertz was on the ground running.