I don't care who the source(s) is/are...they need to be CUT!

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
This is ridiculous...if there was ever an indication on how unfocused some members of this organization are (we don't know if it is a front office person, a player, coach, scout, etc...)....but isn't it obvious that their are people in this organization for the soap crap surrounding it....as opposed to football?

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
bbailey423;2488593 said:
This is ridiculous...if there was ever an indication on how unfocused some members of this organization are (we don't know if it is a front office person, a player, coach, scout, etc...)....but isn't it obvious that their are people in this organization for the soap crap surrounding it....as opposed to football?

Why are the sources unnamed????

It's the same old BS, I heard this and I heard that.

Until I read a specific name as a source, it's all BS.:mad:

This is just journalistic sensationalism at it's worse.:mad:

Werder is Geraldo of the sports world.:cool:

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
bbailey423;2488593 said:

We wouldn't have to put up withGreg E whining anymore;)

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
The biggest problem for Ed, and his hack journalism, in being able to be taken serious is that he's using unnamed sources. Generally ESPN has taken the stand that they're not going to heavily cover stories based on unnamed sources because they have no real way to confirm it. THat's exactly why they explained they didn't follow the Farve story up, on his talking with Millen, in a big way cause they couldn't confirm it.

In this case they're doing the opposite cause the story involved TO and they're just dieing to make sure he's outed as the bad guy they've been saying for 3 years now he's going to be and haven't been able to get him to be.

JerryFan

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2488629 said:
The biggest problem for Ed, and his hack journalism, in being able to be taken serious is that he's using unnamed sources. Generally ESPN has taken the stand that they're not going to heavily cover stories based on unnamed sources because they have no real way to confirm it. THat's exactly why they explained they didn't follow the Farve story up, on his talking with Millen, in a big way cause they couldn't confirm it.

In this case they're doing the opposite cause the story involved TO and they're just dieing to make sure he's outed as the bad guy they've been saying for 3 years now he's going to be and haven't been able to get him to be.

The reality is that something happened. It was probably something like TO *****ing about not getting enough balls his way, and Witten got tired of hearing it. A fight breaks out between the two, Tony jumps in to break it up, TO thinks at the time he is standing up for Witten and gets pissed and stomps off.

I'm gonna tell you all one thing. I'm an emotional person and when I played football every single bit of emotion and energy you have is being used to extremes. In the heat of the moment things are said, punches thrown, headbutts to fellow team members without a helmet on. Point of the story is you can't be judged by what happend when you're all jacked up and already an emotional person. It's what brings out the drive and passion to be the best, but it also can rear an ugly head.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
JerryFan;2488638 said:
The reality is that something happened. It was probably something like TO *****ing about not getting enough balls his way, and Witten got tired of hearing it. A fight breaks out between the two, Tony jumps in to break it up, TO thinks at the time he is standing up for Witten and gets pissed and stomps off.

I'm gonna tell you all one thing. I'm an emotional person and when I played football every single bit of emotion and energy you have is being used to extremes. In the heat of the moment things are said, punches thrown, headbutts to fellow team members without a helmet on. Point of the story is you can't be judged by what happend when you're all jacked up and already an emotional person. It's what brings out the drive and passion to be the best, but it also can rear an ugly head.

Granted that happens. But I played football too and all I ever wanted to do was win. I'm super competitive and while I have no problem jawing with the other team during games, or yelling at my teammates that I'm open and not getting the ball, I never got physical with them, or name called them, or any of that jazz. That's just petty, IMO, when things get to that level about a game.

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
JerryFan;2488638 said:

BraveHeartFan;2488653 said:
Granted that happens. But I played football too and all I ever wanted to do was win. I'm super competitive and while I have no problem jawing with the other team during games, or yelling at my teammates that I'm open and not getting the ball, I never got physical with them, or name called them, or any of that jazz. That's just petty, IMO, when things get to that level about a game.

Since I didn't play football, just wondering, Don't you think that The Coaching staff should have stepped in???

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
I think everyone is blowing this "source" crap way out of proportion. Alot of you are acting like a player (or players) are sneaking off behind the building and getting some top secret info to guys like Werder or whomever.

Someone is probably being asked a direct question and they are answering, then the Werder's of the world are taking that and running with it,while also putting in alot of their own spin.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
This is the real story.

remember how the McIver Irvin incident went down at the time? Team was closed off and this was under Switzer.

I assume that the leak was Witten. The qutoe sounds like him w/ the "fighting" comment.

But whoever leaked it really wanted to tank the rest of the season or at least wanted to set off a bomb. If they didn't know all of this would happen then they are monumentally stupid.

I could care less if TO is cut after the year or not, but gossipping to the media about another player (who isn't going to the media about you) while you are 8-5 and playing a Div Rival for the hopes at getting into the playoffs is really the malignancy

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
bbailey423;2488593 said:
NO don't cut them... trade them to Oakland! hahahhahahaha

alancdc

Reaction score
Where is Gregg Ellis in all this? I thought he was the "leader" on defense, or is he just the leader in complaining in TC?

jimmy40

Reaction score
bbailey423;2488593 said:
So it comes out that Romo is the source, bet you change your tune.

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
Merlin;2488673 said:
The source might be Witten. Gonna cut him?

They just implied on Fox that it was Witten as the "source".

Also saying it's getting bad for him in that locker room, getting names called behind his back, that it was the reason for his and TO's altercation Friday and that he's very shaken by the whole situation.

Next_years_Champs

Reaction score
McLovin;2488742 said:
This is the real story.

remember how the McIver Irvin incident went down at the time? Team was closed off and this was under Switzer.

I assume that the leak was Witten. The qutoe sounds like him w/ the "fighting" comment.

But whoever leaked it really wanted to tank the rest of the season or at least wanted to set off a bomb. If they didn't know all of this would happen then they are monumentally stupid.

I could care less if TO is cut after the year or not, but gossipping to the media about another player (who isn't going to the media about you) while you are 8-5 and playing a Div Rival for the hopes at getting into the playoffs is really the malignancy

Honestly I haven't followed the he said of this situation but if your Witten and your listening to TO go on TV every other week saying he's being shorted on pass attempts (which in and of itself is debatable ) who do you think he is talking about? Its pretty obvious he's taking shots at Witten who else would it be?

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
as well he should if he was the source.

Wanting the Ball because you are (insert adjective here), is no where near as bad as feeding divisive personal info about a teammate to the media especially when the team knows what kind of distraction that will cause.

He made this bed (if he did it)