I don't get the hate on SAS

TheCritic

Reaction score
SAS is the funniest dude around! So what if he pretends to hate the Cowboys. Just pretend he's a closet Cowboys fan. And when the Cowboys win, enjoy it when he eats crow. He's harmless. Way better than the other Cowboys haters out there.

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
I'll give you one thing, you definitely aren't afraid to voice your opinion around here, even when it's likely to be met with jeers. Respect.

I see what you're saying about SAS. It's all just an act IMO. Sure he might not like the Cowboys very much, but all this supposed intense hate is undoubtedly generated for ratings.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
SAS is the funniest dude around! So what if he pretends to hate the Cowboys. Just pretend he's a closet Cowboys fan. And when the Cowboys win, enjoy it when he eats crow. He's harmless. Way better than the other Cowboys haters out there.

Never gave a damn about him, I have seen his show a couple of times he is not my cup a tea be it on the Cowboys or any other topic. I would rather watch paint dry than to listen to him.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
My hatred of SAS stems back to his college days at Winston Salem State University, where he disgraced hall of fame basketball coach Clarence "Big House" Gaines in a publication while still playing on his team. Totally classless IMO.

I do feel like people around here take some of his comments a little too personally. SAS has been open in saying that he has no issue with the Cowboys, and is personal friends and colleagues with many of them, including Deion and Dez Bryant. He even hung out with Jerry over the summer, where Jerry essentially thanked him for always keeping Dallas in the headlines. His issue is with us, because some of us are arrogantly optimistic, even when we have no reason to be.

Almost every daytime "sports discussion show" has that one villain that berates the Cowboys on a daily basis. You got Shannon Sharpe on Undisputed, you got Nick Wright on First Things First, and you got SAS (and occasionally Max) on First Take. It just makes for good television to have the hosts arguing with each other day in and day out. My biggest issue with SAS is that his whole persona is a sham. He isn't like that in real life, so it's almost like watching Larry the Cable Guy for crying out loud. Say what you will about the man, but he is right about one thing - what can go wrong, will go wrong for the Dallas Cowboys.

Last edited:

HungryLion

Reaction score
I don’t really “hate” SAS.

I just have zero respect for his opinions and don’t understand why people waste their time watching idiots like him debate with other idiots.

Same goes for skip Bayles.

John813

Reaction score
He among countless others are for purely for "entertainment" now. Talking head designed to have outlandish views or go against the grain for teams with big fanbases at times to drive up views.

Can't say I hate him, but I don't watch his show or the other 2-3, including Cowherd.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Stepin Fetchit is a clown. Why should we like a dude who talks trash on the Cowboys and their fans incessantly ?

jday

Reaction score

SAS reminds me of my kid when he learned his first knock knock joke. He told it over and over and over...no matter if he told it to the same person because it was still funny to him every time he told it. I watched SAS for a while and had the same impression as you - he's harmless and he does the Cowboys shtick because essentially that's what keeps him on the air - he's the guy that Cowboys fans love to hate and love to watch in the wake of Cowboys wins. And, of course, other Cowboys haters are going to watch him for the same reasons.

But, like I said, after awhile of hearing the same joke, it gets old; which is why I rarely watch him anymore because I already know how that joke ends: What can go wrong will go wrong for the Cowboys. The problem with that assertion being that Murphy's Law already has the phenomenon covered and it applies to every team...not just the Cowboys.

waving monkey

Reaction score
If you met SAS in person and asked him about the Cowboys, I'd be willing to bet he'd tell you he doesn't give 2 ***** about the Cowboys. He'd say if they win people will watch me and if they lose people will watch me. SAS hating the Cowboys is as close to Anthony Hopkins being a psychotic murder.
of course not

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
My biggest problem with him is the race baiting that he engages in frequently. In this day and age there is not room for it. I agree with him on a lot of other things though especially when it comes to JJ's ineptitude and how delusional most Cowboys fans are.

aria

Reaction score
At least SAS is passionate and knowledgeable about other sports. Hey may “hate” the Cowboys but Bayless is just a worrhless clown with zero contributions other than doing the same thing SAS does but for the Cowboys.