I don't recall such unhappiness with a coach -- even with Gailey or Campo

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I'm interested how my fellow Zoners feel, numerically speaking. From what I gather it is like 50 percent rabid anti-Wade, 30 percent undecided or willing to be patient with the cupcake and 20 percent pro-Wade.

Am I wrong?

Vote anonymously in the poll.
Then join the September 29 GROW-GROS Peasants Movement or the Wonderful Wade Workers Union.

A personal aside. I like Wade. He seems to be a decent humanoid.
He just lacks the fire in his belly, and his defensive talents seem to have been wasted with Stew (his choice) at the helm. He's Jerra's puppet and is 0-4 in the playoffs. Also, he seems to shrugs his way through his professional life. Wade seems to be warming the seat for Jason Garrett.

Anyway, please vote.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;2323629 said:
I'm interested how my fellow Zoners feel, numerically speaking. From what I gather it is like 50 percent rabid anti-Wade, 30 percent undecided or willing to be patient with the cupcake and 20 percent pro-Wade.

Am I wrong?

Vote anonymously in the poll.
Then join the September 29 GROW-GROS Peasants Movement or the Wonderful Wade Workers Union.

A personal aside. I like Wade. He seems to be a decent humanoid.
He just lacks the fire in his belly, and his defensive talents seem to have been wasted with Stew (his choice) at the helm. He's Jerra's puppet and is 0-4 in the playoffs. Also, he seems to shrugs his way through his professional life. Wade seems to be warming the seat for Jason Garrett.

Anyway, please vote.

Not sure if this MB existed during Gailey and Campo's era but I couldn't stand either one of them. Campo as HC especially. Gailey didn't have a fair shot IMO, cause he never won over the players. Not even the rooks.........

I don't have a problem w/ Wade.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Wade needs time to shape this team; be patient, he's been here 1 1/2 years

Is my choice. I think like any HC a real judgement can't be made on his impact in 1 season. In his 1st year we set a franchise record in wins that to me is enough to give Wade the benifet of the doubt that he can get this team over the hump.

CoCo

Reaction score
As usual, I'm not happy with the choices provided.

Wade gets to finish 2008 and we evaluate next year's direction at that time.

CoCo

Reaction score
And if you don't recall this unhappiness with Gailey or Campo its because they never started a season 4-1.

I truly cannot imagine why anyone would look at our 4-1 start, which could just as easily be 5-0 as 3-2, and think Phillips should be fired. What a joke!

Aven8

Reaction score
Chan was the crappiest coach of all of them!! That guy was a whip.

No cussing????? What an idiot!

Champsheart

Reaction score
CoCo;2323700 said:
As usual, I'm not happy with the choices provided.

Wade gets to finish 2008 and we evaluate next year's direction at that time.

:hammer:

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I don't think this board was here when gailey and campo were the coaches but I do know that just being a Cowboys fan I don't recall as many Cowboys fans being as unhappy as the ones now.

Once a team starts winning the fans get greedy and then winning isn't enough. You've got to win convincingly everytime and you've got to win by 14 or more every time with the defense never allowing more than 10 points and never allowing a QB more than 150 yards.

visionary

Reaction score
i think wade is a good coach
i think this team is absolutely loaded with talent

there is only 1 thing this team lacks: discipline

discipline is why less talented teams like giants and skins can beat us.

if the playoffs were a best of 5, i think we win it all no question despite our relative lack of discipline because we are just that talented and have a good coaching staff.

the problem is that playoffs are a best of 1 and on any given day, any of the better NFL teams can beat us if they play mistake free football because we are almost guaranteed not to do that.

that is my frustration with this team

my frustration with wade is that even though he is a good coach, he cannot inculcate discipline in this team.

just my .02

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Seven;2323648 said:
Not sure if this MB existed during Gailey and Campo's era but I couldn't stand either one of them. Campo as HC especially. Gailey didn't have a fair shot IMO, cause he never won over the players. Not even the rooks.........

Some of us here go back all the way to the Sporting news message boards about the Cowboys which was the Dave Campo era and trust me it was way worse ask Chief he was one of those guys

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Kangaroo;2323880 said:
Some of us here go back all the way to the Sporting news message boards about the Cowboys which was the Dave Campo era and trust me it was way worse ask Chief he was one of those guys

Yep.

Most have probably gone or changed their handles, but there are actually a few posters still lurking out there who defended Campo over and over again. A few of us hated the hire when it was made and then argued with these people for the next three years.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
Seven;2323648 said:

thats pretty much how I feel

Nexx

Reaction score
im gonna say you have bad memory. i thought both guys got hammered by both the fans and the media.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
I used to post on one of the old Cowboys boards and they were all over Gailey. Campo was one of those loveable "in over his head" types that people knew was simply Jerry's puppet, so instead of beating him up they really ragged on Jerry until he hired Parcells.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Kangaroo;2323880 said:

Ah, those were the daze.

Well, you might be right by the direction the poll has taken. There is a fair support for wade, or sentiment that he needs to be given a chance.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Nexx;2323901 said:
im gonna say you have bad memory. i thought both guys got hammered by both the fans and the media.

Yes, the head injury might have injured my memory.
Thanks for responding, whatsyername.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Joe Rod;2323905 said:
I used to post on one of the old Cowboys boards and they were all over Gailey. Campo was one of those loveable "in over his head" types that people knew was simply Jerry's puppet, so instead of beating him up they really ragged on Jerry until he hired Parcells.

Yep. I was so mad at Jerry for that hire I rode him for some time. And that is exactly where the fault lay. There are always going to be he sucks, they suck, you suck, fire him, them or whatever crowd.

It's ridiculous to even think about calling for Wade's head right now. What for? A playoff loss to the eventual SB champion???? A 14-5 overall record since becoming HC???

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Kangaroo;2323880 said:

Chief;2323893 said:
Yep.

Most have probably gone or changed their handles, but there are actually a few posters still lurking out there who defended Campo over and over again. A few of us hated the hire when it was made and then argued with these people for the next three years.

Thanks for the info. i'm just a pup.......... ;)