I expect to see the Seahawks follow what Atlanta tried to do

Cowboyny

Reaction score
First off, I do not expect Tyron Smith to play again this week. There was a report, he finally got back his feeling in his legs this week, this suggests he wasn't anywhere close to playing a week ago. I thought Brandon Knight did a good job in his absence, certainly more confident in him as a pass protector then Steele, who was having his struggles until Takk went down.

Anyway, the Falcons started the game bringing heavy pressure in passing situations. They cause an early fumble against Dak and almost intercepted another pass early on. Kellen Moore countered this by going up-tempo and getting the ball out of Dak's hands quickly. One of the Seahawks biggest weaknesses, at least early on is their lack of pressure. Norton is going to have to send blitzes to compensate their lack of pressure. The Cowboy offense better be ready, beat the blitz early on and make them think twice about sending extra men after Dak.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
First off, I do not expect Tyron Smith to play again this week. There was a report, he finally got back his feeling in his legs this week, this suggests he wasn't anywhere close to playing a week ago. I thought Brandon Knight did a good job in his absence, certainly more confident in him as a pass protector then Steele, who was having his struggles until Takk went down.

Anyway, the Falcons started the game bringing heavy pressure in passing situations. They cause an early fumble against Dak and almost intercepted another pass early on. Kellen Moore countered this by going up-tempo and getting the ball out of Dak's hands quickly. One of the Seahawks biggest weaknesses, at least early on is their lack of pressure. Norton is going to have to send blitzes to compensate their lack of pressure. The Cowboy offense better be ready, beat the blitz early on and make them think twice about sending extra men after Dak.

Seattle plays a bend don’t break style of defense.

They have let WRs absolutely torch them this season but they have only gave up 2 TDs to wideouts.

We should move the ball at will but we will need Zeke and Dak’s running to get it in the end zone.

I can see the script getting flipped on this game and Dallas be the aggressors and Seattle being the team trying to run the ball to keep Dallas off the field.

I got a feeling Gallup could have a big day.. I expect Amari to disappear on the road because that’s just kind of his thing.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dallas tops in the NFL with 41 plays of 10 yards or more.
Seattle last in giving up 47 plays of 10 yards or more.

If Moore is aggressive, and the OL plays as it did in the 2nd half against Atlanta, we should score enough to win if the defense can make a few stops on them to prevent scores.
Get a 10 point lead then keep it going.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Be nice to see the defense actually make the QB consistently move from his spot in this game even if they don't pile up the sacks.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Seahawks have very good blitzers,its their only option to stop our passing game without any pass rushers.Dak needs to make them pay when they blitz,the patriots showed screens and dump offs work very well against them.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Are you certain that there was a legit report that he didn't have feeling in his legs?

I saw a joke about him not having feeling in his legs but I have not seen any legit reports about it.

Only 1 of 3 fumbles and 1 of 5 total turnovers was related to the OLine.

My opinion is that some of the fumbles were due to players trying to hard "pressing" which causes players to tense up. I think they were in that mindset because of the fact that they had 2 inexperienced OTs starting.

Last edited:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If I'm an opposing team I screen the heck out of the Cowboys and utilize my RBs in the flat.
Agree.

It needs to be combined with QB rollout action to spread the defense.

The Rams repeatedly ran plays where they showed run to one side and then the QB rolled towards to the other side for a screen pass or general pass into the flat.
- Sometimes they would run with the same look.

A variation was to show that look with the QB keeping and starting to roll one direction then turning around to throw the front side screen pass.

I'm not certain how the Cowboys resolve that issue.
- Aldon Smith was very close to blowing up those plays several times but was just a step short.
- Jaylon has to react faster.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Are you certain that there was a legit report that he didn't have feeling in his legs?

I saw a joke about him not having feeling in his legs but I have not seen any legit reports about it.

Only 1 of 3 fumbles and 1 of 5 total turnovers was related to the OLine.

My opinion is that some of the fumbles were due to players trying to hard "pressing" which causes players to tense up. I think they were in that mindset because of the fact that they had 2 inexperienced OTs starting.

I forget where I read that comment about Tyron's feeling in his legs. It's looking unlikely he plays again this week, MM said today's practice would be the decider if if plays or not.

There was just one fumble that was cause by the OL. Atlanta and Deon Jones cause havoc early on when they decided to bring pressure. It worked for a series or two, before the Cowboys made the adjustment to on up-tempo.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I forget where I read that comment about Tyron's feeling in his legs. It's looking unlikely he plays again this week, MM said today's practice would be the decider if if plays or not.

There was just one fumble that was cause by the OL. Atlanta and Deon Jones cause havoc early on when they decided to bring pressure. It worked for a series or two, before the Cowboys made the adjustment to on up-tempo.

Tyron didn't practice Friday (yesterday) which is often an indicator that the player will not play; however, I think the comments about him not having feeling in his legs was a joke tweet.

Tyron was a game time decision last week. It's hard to believe that they needed to wait until game time if he didn't have feeling in his legs.

blueblood70

Reaction score

on the flip side we will follow what ATL and NE did to the seahawks , like lite up the friendly skies..it works both ways neither defense is good at all..Cam ran on them pretty good for all the talk about how good Adams is, if you look at the stat sheet can hardly tell any defense showed up

this is going to be interesting because dak can also run and pass efficiently.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Tyron didn't practice Friday (yesterday) which is often an indicator that the player will not play; however, I think the comments about him not having feeling in his legs was a joke tweet.

Tyron was a game time decision last week. It's hard to believe that they needed to wait until game time if he didn't have feeling in his legs.
people believe whatever they read or hear nowadays...

Cowboyny

Reaction score

We are just speculating. MM so far doesn't give too much detailed info about his injured players, especially the ones on the active roster.

TwentyOne

Reaction score

The Falcons are an below average team. Bad defense, medicore offense.

The seahawsre a good team. I expect a beat down.

Darkhound

Reaction score
I just expect the "normal outcome"

1. A loss
2. the many silly fanboys here coming up with excuses and still not accepting the truth that we are, have been, and will keep on being a mediocre team