I got pulled off the Prescott fence

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Jerry isn't letting him go, nor is it the right move.
Depends on our draft position. Fellows we are not winning another game with this team. We also have the tiebreaker because of our sorry schedule.

SoBlue128

Reaction score
Very nice post @CouchCoach!
I use to say and still believe that Romo carried this team on his back hiding the ugly warts of bad drafting and horrible ownership. He carried them on his back till it literally broke. Ownership isn’t going to change so it looks as if the same thing will happen to Dak. Dak will never be Mahomes but the leadership and his work ethic along with his will to play makes him a very special player. Just as Mahomes is a generational talent Dak in certain ways is as well.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yeah, I know, another Dak thread but I have been squarely on that fence with him for quite some time and was 50/50 on whether to keep him or go shopping but I underestimated one element of his game, the one that can't be argued here regardless of your opinion of him as a passer.

I've watched him since he was a junior and the one thing that was apparent was his leadership which is impressive when you consider he didn't win that job, he won the backup job. Then he comes to Dallas and becomes the starter form the 3rd QB position and immediately takes over as if he belonged there. Because in his mind, he has always belonged there. He accepts and fulfills the role of leadership as well as any player in the NFL.

My problem has been underestimating the value of leadership, I want that guy with the big arm too or a QB that plays like Mahomes, Rodgers or Wilson and I guess I can add Burrow, Herbert and Murray to that list.

But if I ever got a lesson on the real value of leadership, I had to look no further than the Cowboys when the heart, soul and fight of this team went down. The team went on life support when their leader went down.

I didn't get pushed off that fence, Dak pulled me off of it. That shot of him, tears in his eyes, about to lose it wasn't for himself, it was for the team that he would not be there to lead. He knew he was the only one to lead them back from deficits at half time and I have seen something I didn't think I would see since he retired. The Staubach Effect.

Roger had the Captain Comeback title because of a unique skill he had, he could make others believe. He didn't make those comebacks on his own, he lifted his team and they lifted him because of one simple fact, they believed. Dak Prescott has that.

I think the difference he makes is evident and easily identifiable. Gallup doesn't drop that pass if it's from Dak, Lamb doesn't have those drops if those passes are from him and even the defense plays harder because they believe he will not give up or give in.......as they unfortunately did, I don't think this talk of unrest even starts up if he is there.

Want to really appreciate someone or some thing? Lose them, even for a short period of time because only then do you see the picture without them in it. And this wasn't a really pretty picture with him in it but it is downright ugly now.

There is no longer any doubt about Dak Prescott in my mind, he is the man and I've never seen one team miss one player like this in all my years. He is worth whatever they have to pay him. What an oddity, Dak has increased his value through his absence.
Except for Romo, yeah, I agree.

garyo1954

Reaction score
If Dak is smart he don't want to come back to this mess.
Unless he's in it just for the $$$$.
And one player is not winning you much unless you have the Super Bowl 50 Denver defense back you up.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So you've let emotion make your decision and not the lack of post season results over the past 5 seasons with him as the QB?

So now we just become the fighting Dak's and parade Dak around while maintaining mediocrity because of 2016 and he was a great leader?

I'll pass.. I want championships.. I don't care who is winning them for us.

I just don't want to be mediocre.
Interesting choice you have given yourself, mediocre or championships, how about butt ugly embarrassment?

If you want championships, you better switch teams because if you haven't seen enough of the limitations of this brain trust, can't help ya. They aspire to mediocrity and mediocrity pays very well.

There is a phrase I use with this team because I have been conditioned, "it could always be worse" because it has been. And just think, they lucked into this QB, they wanted Lynch and Cook.

To think our Cowboys can be like other teams is to ignore the warts, there are at least two of them.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
don’t forget Blake Jarwin when he gets back bud.
DAL org hyped as a breakout guy with a torn ACL. Color me skeptical at best on him being the guy. He hasn't had a full cup of coffee as a TE1 in the NFL yet. Decent backup is what he is so far. After watching Schultz completely whiff on a block that ended in a Safety. He hasn't shown much in the blocking department. And just a small taste as a pass catcher. Right now we have 0 guys that look like NFL TE1's. Some teams have 3 or 4.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Interesting choice you have given yourself, mediocre or championships, how about butt ugly embarrassment?

If you want championships, you better switch teams because if you haven't seen enough of the limitations of this brain trust, can't help ya. They aspire to mediocrity and mediocrity pays very well.

There is a phrase I use with this team because I have been conditioned, "it could always be worse" because it has been. And just think, they lucked into this QB, they wanted Lynch and Cook.

To think our Cowboys can be like other teams is to ignore the warts, there are at least two of them.

I'd rather be the worst team in football than mediocre.. Sign me up.

I want to be the best or the worst.. Being in the middle is the worst position in sports and we have been stuck there. The 1 year we were absolutely terrible it landed us Zeke and brought us a few nice years.

kskboys

Reaction score
So you've let emotion make your decision and not the lack of post season results over the past 5 seasons with him as the QB?

So now we just become the fighting Dak's and parade Dak around while maintaining mediocrity because of 2016 and he was a great leader?

Believe it or not, I like and agree w/ both of you.

Dak's leadership is top of the heap. However, he's not as good as Mahomes or Wilson.

My first comparison to Dak was Steve McNair(RIP). I stand by that comparison and I think it's the closest one.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Dak is smart he don't want to come back to this mess.
Unless he's in it just for the $$$$.
And one player is not winning you much unless you have the Super Bowl 50 Denver defense back you up.
If they tag him again, he doesn't have much choice.

I do wonder what is going through his head when he watches that game yesterday?

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
This should prove he is the guy. We have scored next to nothing since he has been gone. 3 points agains one of the worst teams there is. This team is shot. Yesterday convinced me that the season is a wrap. I watch the games the rest of the year like I would a train wreck. Maybe some of the young ones can develop.
I hope his trade value goes up as much as it has driven up confidence in the Dak camp.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd rather be the worst team in football than mediocre.. Sign me up.

I want to be the best or the worst.. Being in the middle is the worst position in sports and we have been stuck there. The 1 year we were absolutely terrible it landed us Zeke and brought us a few nice years.
Was that because of Elliott or the fact they lucked into Prescott?

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
OP, like yourself I was one of few in the middle on Dak. I am leaning more now of him being the man, now I know the 4 horsemen and there manager on Dak will not like it. I say let's build the D and get some more OL. Just wondering what the price will be because even not playing, Dak is scoring more bank each passing game. Just think sitting home and hearing the cash register go CHING CHING each game and not playing.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Believe it or not, I like and agree w/ both of you.

Dak's leadership is top of the heap. However, he's not as good as Mahomes or Wilson.

My first comparison to Dak was Steve McNair(RIP). I stand by that comparison and I think it's the closest one.

McNabb. The two Mc's.

GMO415

Reaction score
I'm think Lawrence will be here and Dak will be traded.

phildadon86

Reaction score

Well you babbling buffoon. If we follow your path we will be drafting a new QB every 5 years and wont win a damn thing either. So lets leave the football decisions to the big people.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Depends on our draft position. Fellows we are not winning another game with this team. We also have the tiebreaker because of our sorry schedule.
Forget the 1 pick. That's out.

If we get the 2 do you really think Jerry is going to take Fields and the maybe factor and wait....or do you think he would take the multiple pick offer and stay with Dak?

I dont think he would debate that choice for one minute.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Trade Dak. Trade Gallup. Trade Zeke. Rebuild with a less expensive qb.

This team needs an OT, OG, 1 TE, 2 DT, 2 lbers, 2 safeties and 1 cb.

And by the time they find another viable quarterback all of those positions will be old and on the way out again. Not the way to go.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Forget the 1 pick. That's out.

If we get the 2 do you really think Jerry is going to take Fields and the maybe factor and wait....or do you think he would take the multiple pick offer and stay with Dak.

I dont think he would debate that choice for one minute.
I want to know what Dak is going to ask for first. Signing your name to a contract that is worth 120 million+guaranteed to then go 8-8 is tough. Not Dak’s fault put him on Indianapolis or Cleveland he might be Super Bowl bound.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Well you babbling buffoon. If we follow your path we will be drafting a new QB every 5 years and wont win a damn thing either. So lets leave the football decisions to the big people.

I notice the same group of guys who are pro pay Dak are the same guys that like to name call..

Im fine with it but it really speaks to the intelligence level when you stoop to middle school tactics to prove a point.