I got pulled off the Prescott fence

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CouchCoach, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

17,480 Messages
    11,760 Likes Received
    Look at the two playoff games Dak lost vs Green Bay and the Rams.

The defense was total trash in both games, giving up TDs on the first 3 drives vs the Packers and over 250 yards rushing vs the Rams. Not to mention a FG in 20 seconds after Dak tied it up.

Playoff success matters, but a QB can only cover up so much.

2. atlantacowboy

atlantacowboy Well-Known Member

10,272 Messages
    14,052 Likes Received
    Dak was putting up big numbers when the team was already down multiple scores against defenses trying to keep the clock moving. He's put up a lot of stats when the game was already out of reach. So, lets look to last year when he was healthy. 8-8.

Chido sucks.
    Lee is at the end
    LVE hasn't been good since his rookie year.

The problem is you see the roster through rose colored glasses. The evidence your wrong is on display every week. Enjoy.

Vandyr likes this.
  3. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

54,409 Messages
    54,708 Likes Received
    McNabb was a big play machine. I can't stand him though.. One of my most all time hated players.

Our division was terrible at that time too. He did get to a Superbowl though.

Merton Hanks, Shockey, McNabb. I'm sure im forgetting some.

baltcowboy likes this.
  4. uvaballa

uvaballa Well-Known Member

4,071 Messages
    3,119 Likes Received
    If he’s the 4th or 5th problem on the lust why would they try to get the number pick to replace him? Might as well focus on problem #1 the defense!

Big D and starfan1 like this.
  5. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

54,409 Messages
    54,708 Likes Received
    I agree.. Now we couldn't provide him what he needed while on that rookie deal.

Now he wants 40 million a year and we've gotten worse everywhere and there is a lot of high salary guys on the team.

So he has to either overcome or we just pay him and accept that we suck and can't provide all he needs.

Robbieac likes this.
  6. BourbonBalz

BourbonBalz Star4Ever

9,343 Messages
    4,280 Likes Received
    I’m beginning to go in the opposite direction, but it has nothing to do with Dak. I’ve always been a big Dak supporter and I have no doubt he can win a Super Bowl. I’ve always wanted him to be signed long term. But, this team seems so far from being a true contender now that I’m not sure investing that much money in Dak would be good for either side. IF, and it’s a big if, we were to end up with the number one pick, it might be best to draft Lawerence and let Dak walk. It would save us a ton of cap space and allow us to shore up the defense. On the other hand, we could sign Dak and trade that # 1 draft spot for a lot of other draft picks to shore up the defense and Oline. Which way would you go? My guess is the answer would come down to whether you’re pro or anti Dak. I’m very pro Dak, but I don’t know which way I’d go given this scenario.

CATCH17 likes this.
  7. ItzKelz

ItzKelz Well-Known Member

5,956 Messages
    7,297 Likes Received
    That's funny I just got pulled onto the Zeke fence,,,,,,,,,

8. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

54,409 Messages
    54,708 Likes Received
    Salary cap space which helps the entire team and much much higher upside as a player.

Dak provides a high floor but he doesn't impose his will on other teams. We play to our opponents level.

Lawrence has Pat Mahomes type of upside. He could be the worst QB ever but the upside is tremendous.

Robbieac likes this.
  9. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

17,480 Messages
    11,760 Likes Received
    The reason they have gotten worse is the front office sucks.

Drafting an RB at #4 instead of an elite CB, reaching for Taco, paying Zeke, Cooper, Tank, and Jaylon while letting Byron Jones walk, ignoring the safety position for a decade.

They have made so many poor personal decisions, drafted poorly and spent money in the wrong places. Like Jerry, this team is all sizzle and flash, with little football substance.

CATCH17 likes this.
  10. Bigdog

Bigdog Well-Known Member

8,734 Messages
    8,084 Likes Received
    I know and I would just shake my head when I see that. Prescott's leadership skills is something that a lot of players rally around. I like him as our qb but I will say that if we get a chance to get Lawrence (highly doubt it) I pulling the trigger although it would be still tough to let Dak go due to his intangibles. IMO, I think Lawrence just has a better skill set than Dak.

11. BourbonBalz

BourbonBalz Star4Ever

9,343 Messages
    4,280 Likes Received
    I agree with everything except Zeke. I don’t have a problem signing him. He just simply has no room to run with the Oline in a shambles. All the others were bad contracts.

12. zerofill

zerofill Well-Known Member

3,512 Messages
    5,317 Likes Received
    The problem is, this team needs so many pieces to be balanced on both sides of the ball, it is damn near impossible with what this FO has done.

First and foremost this team is a bunch of man babies. If anything, Dak not being there as their leader, should be pushing them to do better for him at least.
    No... these guys suck. They sucked with or without Dak.

This team needs so much on both sides of the ball, I would be doing everything I could to get out of paying Dak, Zeke, Cooper, Dlaw, etc...

This team is finished for years.

You are fortunate enough, to be playing a game... a damn game, for insane money. But, you don't care enough to play the game.
    These players make me sick... garbage.

13. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

24,171 Messages
    26,362 Likes Received
    Not really.

Runwildboys likes this.
  14. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Well-Known Member

31,418 Messages
    20,548 Likes Received
    More than just leadership. The guy can throw. Tearing up the NFL. He took ANOTHER step beyond what I thought he was capable of this year when he was tearing it up with a bad Oline. Dak has turned out even better. Dak is now approaching elite status.

15. starfan1

starfan1 Well-Known Member

3,754 Messages
    3,298 Likes Received
    lol Dak detractors have been un-admitting. at least catch is not nearly as bad as pappypup and Khalidi and shabazz. My favorite denial comment thus far was @PAPPYDOG saying the other players are sabotaging Dalton cause they want Dak to look better(paraphrasing a bit). I mean that comment says it all

16. atlantacowboy

10,272 Messages
    14,052 Likes Received
    Daks not even on par with Danny White at this point. McNabb was a better runner and more elusive in the pocket. He lead his team to 5 NFC title games and one super bowl. Dak is a stat compiler who hasn't accomplished anything more than a rookie of the year honor.

17. Dorsett33

Dorsett33 Well-Known Member

1,100 Messages
    630 Likes Received
    Like I said this season....he was carrying this team on his back

Doomsday likes this.
  18. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Well-Known Member

31,418 Messages
    20,548 Likes Received
    To some extent, I agree. But its nothing to do with Dak. Dak MUST be retained. Dak will play for another 7-10 years.

What we not need to get rid of to become a true contender is Lawrence, Jaylon, Zeke, and probably the Cooper contract. And we need two very good drafts in a row and probably a third quality draft.

But that doesn't mean we cant be competitive or do some damage in the meantime. A great start would be a top 5 pick. Honestly...……..if we get rid of all 3 of those bad contracts then we have tons of cap space. And in two years is when we would want to use it.

zerofill likes this.
  19. atlantacowboy

10,272 Messages
    14,052 Likes Received
    The division was terrible but the Eagles were pretty good. McNabb lead them to 5 NFC title games......... something Dallas hasn't seen since 1996.

20. sean10mm

sean10mm Well-Known Member

1,945 Messages
    2,922 Likes Received
    What confuses me is people who talk up how the organization is a trash fire top to bottom, then turn around and bag on Dak for not winning a Super Bowl.

Just think this through, if the organization is a trash fire then no QB in the NFL is taking it to a Super Bowl.

Aikman and Staubach played with Hall of Famers. Who are the Hall of Famers on the 2020 Cowboys?

I don't really have a good idea what Dak is capable of, it looks like he's headed on the exact same trajectory as Romo when it comes to playing for clownshoes coaches.

To be honest I think they need to purge the coaching staff and give whoever the new guy is carte blanche to tear the roster down to the foundation and start over. The team is an atomic waste dump of dumb players and worse coaches.